PL L FA Premier League

Manchester City 4:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 06 March 2022

slyadams

Sorry, I disagree; the Club cares passionately about these things, just like the supporters do, its the directors and owners who dont seem to care any more about winning trophies, to them its all about "The Brand" image rights, sponsorship etc by trading on our great Clubs history; but in time we wont attract the sort of sponsors we've had in the past as success is the thing such sponsors are ultimately interested in, not history, and if we are not successful they'll put their money into clubs which are. David Gill was always aware that it's success which keeps the sponsors paying out, but our current directors and owners seem to have forgotten this very simple, basic fact of football economics. So please continue to respect The Club and do get angry with the clowns who run it; Manchester United wasnt always like this.
The line between "the senior leadership" and "the club" is very fine. When "The Club" take an action its because the senior management/ownership have chosen to do so.

Todd

Didn't get to watch until last night...completely expected result, if I recall I actually predicted a 3 goal loss. City looked like they were playing a Championship side.

If there's a single Manchester United supporter left who thinks Maguire belongs on the field, I'd like to meet him or her and find out what kind of mind-altering drugs they're taking. It's like watching a normal human being who used to play football trying to figure out positioning.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
100% agree, with everything you said earlier and especially this last sentence... to be honest we've no where else to go. The lack of proper succession planning after SAF's departure is really coming home to roost now. The owners, whether they like it or not, will now have to look at things through Ralf's eyes, if they want to hold on to their prize asset.

There is something ironic about the fact that the two members of the Glazer family who are actually involved in developing/operating sporting franchises in the US, are not involved in United, not even members of the board. You would have thought they would give their Property Development brothers the 'heads up' on how to operate.... but there again, they have already sold their shares !!
That is interesting. And were I them, I would have sold my shares as well.

USREDEVIL

4:30 and it was over.

I predicted a 3-1 but they allowed the last goal so i was wrong. About what i expected. I'm still more pissed about Watford. Never expected points from this game. Didn't like the effort at the end. Need to get rid of a lot of the players that started.

bdspeedy

To me, a 1-4 loss to what may be the best team in the world isn't as shocking as a 1-4 loss to Watford a few months ago or a draw to them last week. We are proper fecked.

Marwood

That was impressive from City. Less impressive was Bruno because I thought he was going to try to switch the ball with his first touch. Instead he dribbles right into two city players. I guess he was trying to get it to his right foot. Maybe he doesn't trust his left foot to make that pass.
I think that's when it's easy to chase back. Game is in the bag, no pressure, you've controlled the game, you're upbeat.

Chasing around towards the end of a game where you've had a beating is where it gets hard.

Marwood

Has anybody got the distance covered stats for yesterday's game?

Maniron

Is there any one of our players that were better than their opposite number in the City team?

I can't think of one, which is a measure of just how far behind we are.

Hughie77

Awful, first 30 mins was OK. The useless 2nd goal was a cock up after cock ups, then tried to get back into it, but as normal when we've gone behind to these, pep just tells them to keep the ball we will soon run out of gas by chasing chasing then just punch you in the face . I'm not realy bothered any more were bad but not bad enough to finish out of europa league spot.

Maniron

Has anybody got the distance covered stats for yesterday's game?
In terms of the running stats, City comfortably outperformed their rivals, running 116.03km to United's 112.71km and outsprinting them 162-125

RedAlways78

Dross and expected it. How much more can we realistically spend in the summer? Will we have a new manager with £250m to play with?

redmanx

The line between "the senior leadership" and "the club" is very fine. When "The Club" take an action its because the senior management/ownership have chosen to do so.
The Club will always be there; directors, like players are temporary, but most directors never rise above being just that. Supporters are temporary too, although with real supporters, "temporary" means a life time. Despite the appalling inadequacies of the current board the Club will rise again.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
In terms of the running stats, City comfortably outperformed their rivals, running 116.03km to United's 112.71km and outsprinting them 162-125
isn’t the theory that you have to work harder, ergo run more, when you don’t have the ball?

Line those stats up with possession stats and there’s a sorry picture that completely backs up Keane’s post match assertions!

Whilst I’m at it, Rashford and Lingards ‘display’ felt like salt on the wound to me, still feeeeeewwwwwwmin now.

Having to stay away from any threads about their desire for more game time for my own health!!

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Is there any one of our players that were better than their opposite number in the City team?

I can't think of one, which is a measure of just how far behind we are.
De Gea. Maybe Sancho

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Where does one get individual running stats ? I'd like to see how much pogba, rashford and lingard ran.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
This team has churned through manager after manager. There is a common denominator here and that’s the players. Forget all the analytics and just rely on your own eyes. Would any of these players, aside maybe Sancho, get into that City squad? You look at the performance yesterday esp. the second half it really was Men v boys in all aspects, talent, drive, work rate, mentality. We just have to accept we are just a border line top 4 team. Question is what will the Glazers do about it, The issue goes beyond coaching and players. It’s management, it’s culture and structure. It doesn’t take someone with an MBA to figure this out.
A good chunk of the fans expect the manager to polish turd.

Johnny Crossan

Supports
Manchester City
Interested to know if folk believe, like Klopp apparently does (who has the costliest ever GK, CB & CF in his team) that no other club can genuinely compete with today's opponents Newcastle or indeed City?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Interested to know if folk believe, like Klopp apparently does (who has the costliest ever GK, CB & CF in his team) that no other club can genuinely compete with today's opponents Newcastle or indeed City?
I guess if they absolutely want someone, they could afford to offer whatever it takes. Others can't, so in that way no on in the PL could compete (PSG could). For instance, if Halaand's release fee had been £300m, and City were determined to have him, they could. Even we wouldn't be able to do that

Man of the Match

Jadon Sancho image Jadon Sancho 57% of 221 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 266 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw