PL L FA Premier League

Manchester City 4:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 06 March 2022

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
If those players had any values, they would collectively donate their wages to those proper fighters in Ukraine.
Will they even think of doing that. Like hell they will.
Shower of sh1te pretending to be Manchester United player.

meamth

If United's average technical level is 3/5, City's technical level is 5/5 across the whole team.

roykent

What I find troubling, is once city got the third goal, United’s attitude was “ well that’s us”. No motivation, drive, passion , and whatever other word you want to use here.
Before they address tactics, formations, and player selection, they need to work on the 6 inches between the ears.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
OK first half. Dreadful second. Subs made us much worse. Top 4 is a pipe dream.
Actually think it would do us good to be out of Europe altogether. We need a complete reset. If some want to leave let them, that is part of the problem, they want CL football but some will not accept they are part of the reason we will not get it. Far too high opinion of their talents.

Woodzy

Roy Keane should be punching Micah Richards right in the face there. Absolute cnut.

hobbers

Nothing new learned.

AWB is abysmal and brainless. Maguire makes 400 lunges a game and gets nowhere near the ball with any of them, useless clown. Lindelof is spineless and lazy. McTominay is a Watford-level of player, like Cleverley.

We'll never build any sort of stability when those 4 are on the pitch, let alone together.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Well…. That second half was a bit grim wasnt it? That’s as bad as I’ve seen United I think. That whole team should hang their heads in shame. Maybe apart from Sancho. The rest though. What has happened to Fernandes? Has he had some sort of skill transplant?

Dookingham United

Beaten by the better club again. What did we expect?
Most of those players should never play for us again

Al-T

There's a 'learned helplessness' about watching these players go through the motions week in, week out.

They don't appear to give a feck. Half the time they play like they only met each other over ale and a pie before getting the bus to the ground.

Orange Tree

Fair result. I'll be intereseted in the running stats. Our players can't seem to be arsed moving and City players are everywhere.

madzo2007

Think Gary Neville summed it up at full time.... "Manchester United were an absolute shower in that second half"

The optimism after the summer and the start to the season feels like its 5 years ago.

Irwin99

We really are a shambolic club even taking into account that we had one or two big players missing.

• We haven't had world class full backs for 10 years now
  • Fred and Mctominay got some tackles/interceptions in today and i'm sure those stats look decent but they got absolutely battered by City's pass and move. They were all over the place.
  • players just gave up completely at 3-1 and we brought on a player who wants to leave the club and another who just looks like he hates football
  • Ralf's plan looked decent for 30 minutes until city figured it out; had no plan b to fall back on
  • This club has such a long way to climb back to the top. The last two seasons really flattered us about our quality

Leg-End

Would genuinely pay top money to see Keane let loose on this club in some capacity, preferably with a chain as a weapon of choice.

ReallyUSA

We really are a shambolic club even taking into account that we had one or two big players missing.

• We haven't had world class full backs for 10 years now
  • Fred and Mctominay got some tackles/interceptions in today and i'm sure those stats look decent but they got absolutely battered by City's pass and move. They were all over the place.
  • players just gave up completely at 3-1 and we brought on a player who wants to leave the club and another who just looks like he hates football
  • Ralf's plan looked decent for 30 minutes until city figured it out; had no plan b to fall back on
  • This club has such a long way to climb back to the top. The last two seasons really flattered us about our quality
I’m not going to allow you guys to blame Ragnick. The way the team performed after the second goal was embarrassing.

Pughnichi

They play 5 attack minded players. All brilliant in possession with one holding midfield. We were never gonna see much ball time against KDB, Grealish, Foden, Bernardo and Martez.

Even if we had the balls to match up…the quality difference is laughable

we aren’t getting any closer persisting with a declined Ronaldo, a failing Rashford, an inadequate CM consisting of Fred, McT and Matic, squad options of Mata and Lingard, second rate fullbacks compared to the quality of those above us.

its sad really. Compared to previous squads we’ve been lucky to watch.

Our recruitemwnt is still a mess. I’m expecting an Incoming 100M Rice transfer that will run the whole summer

united for life

Light years ahead of us. And that's not even the most thoroughly they've outperfomed us this season.

If I could fast-foward to the end of the season I would.
i’m afraid it will keep getting worse. It’s been getting worse for 9 years…

flameinthesun

Agree about the mentality part, talent is not enough. The great United sides, some were not the most talented, but had heart and fought to the end for the cause. You need a strong mentality to play for this club. Watching Liverpool yesterday, City today, there is a focus about them, they know what the target is and nothing will stop them.
Yeah this is what I was getting at. You would hear about Fergie doing detailed research into a player's mental side. When you look at the 99 team, mental monsters. The 08 team mental monsters. Now not every player was a fighter in 08, carrick for example wasnt an aggressive type, nani needed to be handled carefully but around them were mental monsters. Think of the personalities of evra, rio, ronaldo, rooney tevez. Even a few years later Rafael at rb, aggresive.

This club since fergie has consistently signed talented payers who mentally are not strong enough for a united team and that can only take us so far and will never take us to a title. Of course we need the right manager and tactics as well, but we have to do much better on recruitment and start looking not just at the talent but also the mental strength of future players. That also applies to our youth players.

Irwin99

I’m not going to allow you guys to blame Ragnick. The way the team performed after the second goal was embarrassing.
To be honest, i like the guy and think he's done ok. The 4-2-2-2 or 4-4-2 is just too easy to slice through though.

Honestly would be fine with a 3-5-2 park the bus scenario in these games from now on because that centre midfield and defence need all the help they can get

RedDevilQuebecois

Ok first half. Outplayed second half. Zero character. Zero football knowledge. Zero determination. Zero zero zero.
And still, there will be those blaming manager when lot of our players are so bad in every way.
Pretty much.

If the likes of Rashford and Lingard don't have their minds in the right place, why bother with them anymore? Those two deserve to sit with the Reserves while we promote a couple of kids with their hearts in the right place.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Many of our fans don't value ball possession and have some arcaic dislike for it, and will scoff at this thread.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The whole team has to be at it. Look at how foden was chasing down both Lindelof and Maguire in that second half. Pogba despite his brilliant assist wasnt working near as hard in a similar position.

Everyone has to be at it. Then other players were at it but not technically good enough.

That second half was embarassing. It was as if city had four extra players.

peridigm

Generally did not give a feck at that result. I've come to terms with us being shit. We're never going to compete at the top level again let alone win the PL again as long as the Glazer's continue to make stupid decisions.
This club needs a clearout from ownership to players. Woodward is gone but that's just a very small piece to a seemingly unsolvable puzzle. Last season I looked at what we needed to challenge for the PL and it was MF, CB, winger, and a striker.
We need that plus another CB, a completely new MF, and a RB.

Fitchett

1st half was a decent performance, 2nd half was non existent. Completely gave up as soon as it went to 3-1. De Gea and Sancho were the only players to come out with any credit. Rashford and Lingard totally pointless substitutions.

The club needs to support Rangnick to the hilt and let him sort out the wheat from the chaff.

miked99

Keane is going absolutely ballistic. Richards can't contain himself. This is the best entertainment of the game.
I fecking love Roy Keane. Wish we had just one player with his heart, drive and passion

Woodzy

Keane is going absolutely ballistic. Richards can't contain himself. This is the best entertainment of the game.
I love him, he says it like it is and basically says what all of us say on here after every game (even the stuff that could be way off the mark like dressing battles etc.). The comment about the media teams being out apologise over the next few days was spot on.

Man of the Match

Jadon Sancho image Jadon Sancho 57% of 221 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 266 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw