PL L FA Premier League

Manchester City 4:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 06 March 2022

Woodzy

Thinking the same. Surprised he didn’t tbh.
It was bizarre because Keane was spot on and said nothing worth laughing at. Basically ripped into United for about 5 minutes and Richards just laughs.

Maybe just banter on the back Keane backing United to win at the start of the game but still looked unprofessional and even immature, as it didn’t even look like a genuine laugh.

Dookingham United

We expected them to fight Dooking, we expected them to fight.
And that's our problem. Any of us would leave our blood on that pitch.
I have stopped expecting these bunch of fakers to do anything but collect their outrageous cheques

SMNRe"d"volution

1st time ever I switched of my TV before the final whistle. They were passing around us like they were playing against kids. It was not good for mental health especially if you had work this weekend.

DeGea’sFeet

Based on this match and previous matches. Players not good enough; AWB, Maguire, McTominay, Fernandes (has great moments, but gives away the ball too much)

SirMattlives

The second half was very poor but really, the lack of urgency and commitment in the last 25 mins or so is what I find most unacceptable. I don’t like singling players out, few come out of this game with much credit. I do think our back four is very weak even when we play well but today, when we had 3% possession for some 15 mins near the end, you have to wonder about the whole side. City are a great team but come on…..

Manny

Grammar Police
A serious lack of character in this team. It'll more than likely be the same shit next week

RedDevilQuebecois

Keane is going absolutely ballistic. Richards can't contain himself. This is the best entertainment of the game.
I would kill to have Keano in the coacing staff under the next manager. We definitely need a proper chief master sergeant around those players, drilling those fannies for a proper war because that is what the Premier League is about.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Roy Keane has it spot on with the post match analysis, this is a team who look utterly demoralised.
They do not seem to have an ounce of fight in them. This cannot be all on the pitch stuff.
I can understand the players heads going down when being outplayed but Lingard and Rashford came on and literally didnt try a leg. This attitude is coming from the dressing room , not the pitch.
You can sort that stuff but need the bottle to do it and it needs done now, not waiting for a new manager to come in.

King Eric 7

I'm not so sure about that. We need proper coaching first and foremost. The attitude and workrate are so remarkably different. Also scouting/transfer team. No point in saying "we need x amount of summers.." when we waste it on completely talentless players like Telles, AWB and Maguire.
Yeah I meant we need three flawless transfer windows, or at the very least two hits out of three. The list of players who are not good enough to play for us is a long one. Plus we'll have no strikers by the end of the summer without replacements.

DeGea’sFeet

Yes, Ralf is responsible for our team not knowing how to complete a pass, how to run, or how to form a cohesive attack. All on Ralf.
Exactly. In the first half we saw that Ralf had very good tactics. Can only imagine what he’d achieve if it was him who’d spent £500m over 3 years. I’d guess he’d probably only need half to build a great team.

Fluctuation0161

Brilliant tactical plan Ralf. He’s done a great job instilling belief and energy into the side.
Cant blame Ralf for this.

The inadequate players cannot be salvaged.

Bunch of individuals who have nothing in common and dont work as hard as the opposition. Out of our defenders only Lindelof can play while under pressure. And he's not world class.

Telsim

Men vs boys, but I didn't expect anything less in the pre-match thread. The overall quality of this squad is just... well, it's poor. Very much so. I doubt any manager can get a tune out of them, I can see that now.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
We have to accept we are much closer in quality to Villa, Wolves and Southampton than we are to City and Liverpool. City will get to 10 titles before we win another one, easily.

vanderpants

Embarrassing yet again, Its going to be another tough few years and it's going to take a while to forget how bad we actually are on and off the pitch. One day we will look back at this team and laugh

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Peps city team, along with his Barca, are able to play possession football, but also create chances at-will. Great to watch really. Grealish or any of their attackers dropping into a pocket, receives the ball in space. Then it’s shot or pass between the lines for a scoring chance. LVG had the first part down. But no incisive runs or final passes and just had possession for the sake of it, which put us fans to sleep.
It doesn’t matter how much we revamp the squad or what manager we bring in. This Pep and Klopp machine needs to cycle out and run its course before anyone else is challenging them again.

Bocca9978

Would genuinely pay top money to see Keane let loose on this club in some capacity, preferably with a chain as a weapon of choice.
I’d pay to see him in a ring with Richards. Thought he did well to stop himself decking him.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
1st time ever I switched of my TV before the final whistle. They were passing around us like they were playing against kids. It was not good for mental health especially if you had work this weekend.
Me too mate. I couldn't watch it any longer.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Exactly. In the first half we saw that Ralf had very good tactics. Can only imagine what he’d achieve if it was him who’d spent £500m over 3 years. I’d guess he’d probably only need half to build a great team.
Very good tactics? What are some of you lot drinking? Nobody plays Man City with a 442 with no DM and it's for a very good reason. Watch their first 2 goals again, shocking. Also nobody leaves Mahrez repeatedly unmarked at the edge of the box from set pieces. For another very good reason.

Okey

How easy was that for Citeh? Embarrassing gulf in class. To quote Peter Schmeichel on BBC after the game, "too many United players are either not good enough or don't care enough". I couldn't have put it any better.

Polar

Pogba’s work rate doesn’t exactly inspire the rest of the team. All players know it’s very difficult to win matches (in modern football) with passengers on the pitch

RedBanker

I love you Ole
No matter who we hire. We will not be a match for Guardiola's team.

Bocca9978

It was bizarre because Keane was spot on and said nothing worth laughing at. Basically ripped into United for about 5 minutes and Richards just laughs.

Maybe just banter on the back Keane backing United to win at the start of the game but still looked unprofessional and even immature, as it didn’t even look like a genuine laugh.
Yeah.
Is he always like this? I don’t really watch pundits. I’ve just watched the game, don’t need them to tell me what happened.
Had a feeling Keane would be worth watching.
Better tell Richard’s not to walk alone to his car.

Moriarty

What could we have done in the second half to prevent that from happening? Time and time again, City players found acres of room to pass the ball around while we seemed to stand off and let them dictate play. Maybe Ralf doesn't trust his players, or maybe the players don't listen to him, but there seems to be a disconnect there. I feel sorry for the fans who paid good money to watch that.

Castia

Sad thing is I’m not even mad. The result was expected. McFred and Maguire are just beyond a joke, nowhere near good enough.

Years behind the top teams and Newcastle are on the rise, I think it will be a long time until we win a league title.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff

That's Micah Richards' entire contribution on TV and Radio. He's a thick fecker who adds nothing.

mu4c_20le

That's Micah Richards' entire contribution on TV and Radio. He's a thick fecker who adds nothing.
Been saying this for years, got told to stop being bitter :lol: I dont even hate the guy, but he's just a mascot really

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I mean I really feel sorry for Man United fans, because losing the game is one thing, then after that you have to suffer through a gauntlet of ultimate boomer punditry between Gary Neville and Roy Keane who are relentlessly moralizing bad performances. "Unforgivable", "shame on them". What is this, Game Of Thrones?
These two are absolutely horrible and in my opinion are compounding a problem of mentality chained to some past, rather than making it possible to move on and grow. Fans should absolutely ignore anything they say, their analysis is completely misguided and irrational.

devil in me

Raahford strolling about refusing to put any pressure on the centre backs , 2 mins after coming on, with city fans giving it the 'ole's' .... well that summed it all up. Pathetic attitude.

Gavinb33

We gave them all the goals somewhat.

Lazy defending down the right side you cannot allow for this cross to come in, Elanga piss poor ball out from the back, corner the ball is in the air a long while we need to get out and attack the ball and the last one just pathetic.

Our passing even when we were doing ok was abysmal you cannot keep giving the ball away as cheaply as we do and against these teams we'll get rolled which you saw here.

Man of the Match

Jadon Sancho image Jadon Sancho 57% of 221 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 266 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw