PL L FA Premier League

Manchester City 4:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 06 March 2022

wolvored

Grateful they played music at half and full time to remind us they are still a small team, no matter what happens on the pitch.
They ain't though. They are bigger than utd now. We can't do what they do.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Does anyone else have their day ruined by performances like this. I am not depressed just really really angry to the point i cannot stop thinking about the match.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Does anyone else have their day ruined by performances like this. I am not depressed just really really angry to the point i cannot stop thinking about the match.
Were you expecting something better? That was par for this bunch.

crossy1686

career ending
These embarrassments hopefully force someone to actually do something and stop bodging the big decisions at the club

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
They ain't though. They are bigger than utd now. We can't do what they do.
They're better than us. They're not bigger than us. It doesn't actually count for anything really, but they are so small time, and remind me of that regularly.

wolvored

You are part off the problem! how far we have fallen, when all we can on about is empty seats.
Agreed. Some people just can't admit we are light years behind them and won't catch up anytime soon. Ancient History means nothing in football.

RedDevil-85

Embarrassing.
A training exercise for City.
No shots in the 2nd half,totally outplayed and dominated.
So much for having improved,scraped past awful teams for weeks now ,today we saw what a real team can do against this shower of shit.

wolvored

They're better than us. They're not bigger than us. It doesn't actually count for anything really, but they are so small time, and remind me of that regularly.
What we bigger at? Bigger stadium, more fans at the moment, more trophies in the past. If we don't buck up they got the wealth, the right owners and have it exactly right on the pitch, to surpass us even in the things I just mentioned. I can't see us breaking their grip at the moment

McTerminator

not anymore, I expect these results and I expect nothing from the clubs and/or team.

oppo fans aren’t wrong when they say we live in the past. It’s the only place this club can still offer a smile.

Bubz27

What we bigger at? Bigger stadium, more fans at the moment, more trophies in the past. If we don't buck up they got the wealth, the right owners and have it exactly right on the pitch, to surpass us even in the things I just mentioned. I can't see us breaking their grip at the moment
Absolutely.

Re. The last sentence. We need to be a ready to pounce when Pep fecks off. Until then, no we can't. That means the right manager this summer and 3 or 4 consecutive successful windows.

DeGea’sFeet

Very good tactics? What are some of you lot drinking? Nobody plays Man City with a 442 with no DM and it's for a very good reason. Watch their first 2 goals again, shocking. Also nobody leaves Mahrez repeatedly unmarked at the edge of the box from set pieces. For another very good reason.
Very good tactics. That exposed the weak links in the team. I’d much rather 45 minutes where we try to play against City then 90 minutes like the previous match vs City.

I think in this match we have seen that AWB, Maguire, and arguably Fernandes, are not good enough at the most elite level. We have seen that this team completely lost its head after the 3rd goal.

redmanx

Can’t wait for the social media teams to get to work to protect their assets and deflect this on the manager some how
Like Ole, Rangnick is too much of a nice guy and the players know it and know also that they probably wont get dropped further than the bench, and that they will collect their inflated wages. We need a manager who wont take any crap from any of them, someone who will either terrify them into performing or leaving. Roy Keanne was ruthless in his summation of the team today and says there are 5 or 6 who should never play for United again; clearly Maguire, Lindelof, Rashford, Fred, Wan Bissaka and Telles, and I would add Pogba who, after 3 or 4 good games has reverted to his old sloppy, dont give a damn ways. Keanne was probably not the greatest manager but he would put the fear of god into these prima donnas, we can do far far worse than give him the job immediatly and let him get rid of the rubbish.

redmanx

Losing is bad enough, but its acceptable against teams as good as City are, but abject surrender can never be accepted and surrender is just what this bunch of prima donnas did at City. They should be ashamed of themselves, and no doubt some are, but too many will have forgotten all about it by the time their next pay check arrives.

Giggs' right foot

Our history/success is bigger/more admirable to a lot of people. Our success can more or less be divided into two sequences and both were down to the genius of Busby and SAF. I think that history appeals to a bigger audience than City doing all they can after 2008 to rebrand the club as a whole - and more or less creating a new club, just with the same name as its predecessor, with its foundation built around sketchy funding and morally dubious owners.

Other than that, we have nothing going for us that is comparable to City - they’re greater at youth, transfers and all around sporting management.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
We’ll bounce right back… one day.

These players believe less than ever.

the_cliff

Men against boys. Don't know anyone that expected any different tbh.

They're just better, all over the pitch.

We have had a problem with recruitment for a long time now and it's not changing anytime soon.

There's not one of our players that would've started for City today and they had Gundogan, Fernandinho and Sterling on the bench.

AndySmith1990

When we were actually a good team I used to dwell on defeats for days. But that stopped years ago. Now I just shrug it off because I've got to the acceptance stage of our decline in to mediocrity.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
I'm surprised at some of the reactions. I guess I just more than half expected for what happened to happen. That was not worse than the worst we've seen in recent times.

AndyMUFC86

May as well play the youngsters and see who’s good and who isn’t at this level. Worst that happens we miss out on the Europa League!
Get Garner back in from forest. He cannot be worse than Fred! Give Hannibal some game time too. These guys will surely have more heart than what we see from the team currently.

DSG

Cant blame Ralf for this.

The inadequate players cannot be salvaged.

Bunch of individuals who have nothing in common and dont work as hard as the opposition. Out of our defenders only Lindelof can play while under pressure. And he's not world class.
Pretty sure I can. Started with a naive 4-2-2-2. Granted, we looked better in the first half, but no adjustments in The second half and lame subs…

It seems that there are many on the Caf who believes Ralf deserves a pass and zero blame for our performances. I think he does, I think the players deserve some blame, and mostly, I blame the Glazers.

This side was second last season. We can’t forget that. And don’t turn this around and say I’m bitter Ole got sacked. No. Ole deserved to get sacked AND Ralf isn’t good enough.

redmanx

Get Garner back in from forest. He cannot be worse than Fred! Give Hannibal some game time too. These guys will surely have more heart than what we see from the team currently.
At least the youngsters might show some desire, fight and guts.

DSG

Yes, Ralf is responsible for our team not knowing how to complete a pass, how to run, or how to form a cohesive attack. All on Ralf.
We scored 73 goals in the league last season. Ralf was tasked with making them BETTER, and he hasn’t done that. It’s not all on Ralf, but certainly he deserves some of the blame. Fred starts for Brazil ffs. Ronaldo is the greatest goal scorer of all time (according to FIFA). Yes, the players are also to blame, but intellectually, isn’t it possible that there is more than one factor contributing to the poor play? I say yes.

The Irish Connection

Whatever you say about players you know are inherently average like Mctominay and Fred. I was really disappointed in Pogba and Fernandes. So sloppy and inconsistent in their passing.
We need major surgery and there’s just no chance the Glazers will allow it to be done, unfortunately.

OverratedOpinion

We’ll bounce right back… one day.

These players believe less than ever.
I actually prefer honesty and some sign that the players understand how unacceptable the levels are for a club of our size. De Gea definitely gives more of a shit than most players at the club.

DSG

Tactics are beyond comprehension for these players who can’t be bothered to sprint, close down, cower out of 50/50 challenges and fail to complete simple passes.
Yes, these are tactical imbeciles. They’ve performed in past seasons, in different clubs and their national teams. But clearly, they are unsalvageable at this point. It’ll only take us a billion pounds to turnover the squad. It can be both, mate. It can be the coaching AND the players.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
So dislikeable. I'm honestly scratching my head at how we ended up with a group of players with zero fight. Something has gone so badly wrong. Ole has truly built a horrendous squad of players here.
TBF, only the last MC match in the fall was a poor match for Ole. I think he won 3 in row away vs MC.

Barnslig

I actually prefer honesty and some sign that the players understand how unacceptable the levels are for a club of our size. De Gea definitely gives more of a shit than most players at the club.
But how is what he says honesty? It's the same shit every week, I understand he's the GK and he's not currently the problem - but these excuses (from whoever it is within the squad) is getting very, very tedious and honestly, frustrating cause nothing ever seems to change.

"We will not give up", well the team has given up countless times this season already.

arthurka

Does it matter? It's been the Utd mantra for years now without us being even close to being a championship team.

Walters_19_MuFc

I remember when Moyes said we should aspire to be City. People were fuming but after around 10 years, Rangnick more or less said the same thing. Goes to show how shite of a job the people up top have done. Couldn't run a fecking bath. Useless!

Bubz27

Does it matter? It's been the Utd mantra for years now without us being even close to being a championship team.
The part where I said "It doesn't actually count for anything really" answers that doesn't it.

redmanx

Whatever you say about players you know are inherently average like Mctominay and Fred. I was really disappointed in Pogba and Fernandes. So sloppy and inconsistent in their passing.
We need major surgery and there’s just no chance the Glazers will allow it to be done, unfortunately.
Im no fan of the Glazers but Uniteds net spending on transfers over the last 5 years is £457.60 million; City spent £357.31 million in the same period.

Huddsred

The players are a bunch of individuals playing for themselves, not for the club or even the manager. There's no leadership.

Man of the Match

Jadon Sancho image Jadon Sancho 57% of 221 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 266 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw