PL L FA Premier League

Manchester City 3:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 03 March 2024

miliebrowndivorceattorney

Casemiro the only new starting field player since Ten Hag came in (if you discount Evans). The rest was just Oles old team. Subs showing how why they didnt start, with Amrabat again some very very bad mistakes. At least Onana showed promise and some impressive passing. Rashford was mostly walking all game. If I was Ten Hag, maybe I just resign myself. Why bother with this lot.

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
A glimmer of hope (against all the odds) going in 1-0 up at half time. Simply beaten by the much better team, with better players, better coaching, better subs and better footballing brains.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Lost because of wierd decisions. Once again.
No.
We lost because we are nothing like good enough to compete with our neighbours.
But what I dislike more than that is that we just look physically weak.
Weak in the tackle.
Weak mentally.

Nogbadthebad

Would knowing this piece of information make us any better?
I'm just pointing out that suggesting they and us have spent the same is not reality.

They are much better than us, we were never, ever going to win that game.

But there is a reason they are much better than us and everyone else. 115 charges, and that is the tip of the iceberg.

mintyred

We also kept two of the best players in the PL quite for the best part of 90 minutes: de bruyne and halaand
Keeping Haaland quiet isn't an achievement, he's rarely involved in build-up a lot. Remember he missed a sitter right on HT.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If it had finished 2-1 I'd be far less annoyed then I am.

That third goal just compounded how fecking dumb all of our players were being on the ball though.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
No.
Weak in the tackle.
Weak mentally.
I actually don't think that's the case this week. Last week? Definitely

Piskin

We need at least 7 quality players and a quality manager...simple as that!!

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Am I being unreasonable but I think it’s a foul on Rashford by Walker and also a foul by Ederson on Garnacho. If I’m wrong, tell me why.
You need to go and get your eyes tested, Rashford felt a slight touch and flopped down, he was looking for it instead of trying to score, and Ederson made a perfectly timed tackle on Garnacho, one that any CB would have been proud of

Chumpsbechumps

Am I being unreasonable but I think it’s a foul on Rashford by Walker and also a foul by Ederson on Garnacho. If I’m wrong, tell me why.
I thought there was a clear foul on Rashford before that incident and city got a free. Why it’s important is because the longer the game went on 0-1 the more panicky city might of gotten.

Can’t say it changed the game but city do get decisions that compounded help in games. Like how De Bruyne wasn’t booked

Crashoutcassius

Paid the price for wasted chances in the first half:

• Garnacho should have squared to Rashford after 5mins
  • Rashford should have controlled his big chance after the goal, you’d have favoured him in a 1-on-1
  • Rashford at the far post after McT missed the ball. He could either have shot, or squared to Bruno who was unmarked on the penalty spot
we were played off the park. if both teams took their chances we might score 3 and concede 10

Orange Tree

Expected loss and domination. It showed we've been going nowhere under ETH.

Woodzy

Even with injuries, I just dont think there’s an excuse for spending £200m a season and having to play like that for 90 minutes.

Hopefully we have got the ETH replacement lined up.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I'm just pointing out that suggesting they and us have spent the same is not reality.

They are much better than us, we were never, ever going to win that game.

But there is a reason they are much better than us and everyone else. 115 charges, and that is the tip of the iceberg.
First of all, at this point of the season I don't think they are better than Arsenal or Pool.
Secondly I don't mind the loss, it was coming, I am devastated by the way we played and if it wasn't for Lady Luck it would of been another 0-7.
And third...I think we spent enough to look a little differently in terms of personnel and way of playing, don't you agree?

Crashoutcassius

We only had 2 shots. :(

City had 27. Sigh. These big games show the complete gulf in class, hard pill to swallow.
'these big games'... although that has been the usual story lately, didn't luton have 20 odd shots as well ? its nearly every game, because we are the worst united team in 40 years

astracrazy

Embarrassing.

I'd accept losing 3-1 if we had a go, but to lose 3-1 playing like that....nah

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
well. if it had been an outfield player it would have been a penalty: I thought you weren't allowed to follow through anymore
He barely followed through, it wasn't harsh enough to warrant a pen. I don't think that would've been a pen if it was an outfield player either. That was all ball.

Speedicut75

An afternoon pumping is now going to extend to a week of humiliation in my grief hole of a community in Greater Manchester.
I can already see the blue flags being unfurled from my neighbours' windows.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Worst game vs city I've seen in a long time just from the eye test

lex talionis

The club with the better manager and stronger squad, a squad with only one regular starter out with injury, deserved the victory everyone expected.

Mike Smalling

I’m most annoyed by the last goal. So needless.

Anyway, we were never going to get anything here. It would have taken extreme luck.

Club and squad is in a sorry state. Transfer window can’t come quick enough.

Kaizane

Walker sounding like those balloons have caught up with him in the post match interview.

90 + 5min

No.
Weak in the tackle.
Weak mentally.
ManCity were better team. No question about that. But two important decision didn't go our way. I mean potentially freekick and penalty which instead resulted in two goals against us.

The Hacker

Not that surprised, but disappointed after the first 25 min. Our defence needs so much work. Bruno needs to be rested, he’s playing on fumes at the moment. So much work needed on the squad to be able to compete

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
First half wasn't terrible. It wasn't good either, but we defended well mostly. A bit wasteful when we did manage to get the ball.

Second half was abysmal, and it looked like we gave up at 1-1, as if their winning goal was inevitable.

erikcred

ManCity were better team. No question about that. But two important decision didn't go our way. I mean potentially freekick and penalty which instead resulted in two goals against us.
You mean if they incorrectly went our way, we may have burgled a win?

RoyH1

We only had 2 shots. :(

City had 27. Sigh. These big games show the complete gulf in class, hard pill to swallow.
The gulf in class is soul wrenching. Other than the great goal, we were toyed with

Camilo

City are really excellent, they're a joy to watch. One of those games where I feel almost nothing afterwards. Winning a game like that with a lucky goal would be meaningless. ETH has had how long to close the gap? Nah, time to move him on.

All the excuses - the owners, the money, the structure.... Total bollocks. It's a number of crap players with crap management. Yeah, Pep is probably to best manager of all time, but even still....the way we don't impose anything on the game, ever. Even 10 minutes of proactive controlled football would be enough to give some hope. But we get nothing.

Player Ratings

4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 235 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 13% Man City 3:0 Man Utd
  • 12% Man City 4:0 Man Utd