FA W FA Cup Final

Manchester City 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 25 May 2024

Strangest Tribe

Varane with a performance that just makes me sad that he’s going ( correctly unfortunately) Licha showing why we’ve missed him so much, Amrabat was absolutely everywhere, harrying and hustling …couldn’t watch the last 5 minutes due to being so nervous so went to my shed to talk to my ‘special’ plants, wishing they’d have flowered a few weeks earlier to mellow me out .. a shit season but dang it feels good right now

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Let's have balance.

We had a bizarre game against Liverpool, collapsed against Coventry and effectively lost but for VAR and beat City today as we could play on the break like we did under Ole.

We've lost 4-0 to Crystal cnuting Palace in the last few weeks.

We finished 8th. xPts had us finishing 16th. Most shots faced in any European league bar Sheffield United.

It's time for a change. An elite sporting organisation would have made the change already. The backroom overhaul has delayed the inevitable. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I'm happy for EtH but his stubbornness this season with suicidal tactics has cost him his job, deservedly so.
I like how you ignored the AWB non penalty and awkward goal we conceded against Conventry. Yeah, rewrite history to fit your agenda

Cabin Clown

Let's have balance.

We had a bizarre game against Liverpool, collapsed against Coventry and effectively lost but for VAR and beat City today as we could play on the break like we did under Ole.

We finished 8th. xPts had us finishing 16th. Most shots faced in any European league bar Sheffield United.

It's time for a change. An elite sporting organisation would have made the change already. The backroom overhaul has delayed the inevitable. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I'm happy for EtH but his stubbornness this season with suicidal tactics has cost him his job, deservedly so.
I hear ya bud. Some of the tactics have been truly dirt, especially away - however, I feel ETH deserves another season after that. We shut out the best team in the world there and by coincidence we have Licha back. Again, passion was there.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
Same when we faced Liverpool 3 times or even v Arsenal recently.
We do have some utterly shte fans following us.
Indeed. I never really like insulting fellow fans but sometimes they bring it on themselves. The pre-match thread isn't the first one I've had to avoid because of negativity almost breaking into depression. Thank God we won or the Samaritans were in for a busy night.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I've given everyone a 10. Every player played their part today and I'm too giddy to give anyone a lower score.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
But the ETH out brigade is blind to the fact we have had injuries
That might be the difference between falling from 3rd to 5th, but we finished 8th.

Look at Liverpool's injuries - 3rd. Newcastle - 7th. Chelsea, a right old mess, 6th.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
That might be the difference between falling from 3rd to 5th, but we finished 8th.

Look at Liverpool's injuries - 3rd. Newcastle - 7th. Chelsea, a right old mess, 6th.
Jesus, that’s so naive. Liverpool had a fraction of injuries we had. They had a manager who over 8 years was able to build a team of players in a simmilar style. Imagine we have 2 Martinez’s and 2 Varans. Even if first choice center backs get injured we could still play high line. ETH’s first choice center backs excel in high line defending, whereas his 2nd and 3rd choice center back prefer to defend in their box. Is it really that difficult to understand?

ETH is not blameless but the shit he gets is undeserved

Joe Louis

Our problem isn't just the fact we've had injuries like other clubs, but the drop off in quality in those replacing the injured is too great. Obviously some of that can be laid at ETH's feet, but with the ridiculous circus with the ownership dragging on, it hampered any chance of recruiting more quality.

He's made mistakes, no doubt about that, but he's also been hamstrung by the arseholes who were running the club.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Jesus, that’s so naive. Liverpool had a fraction of injuries we had. They had a manager who over 8 years was able to build a team of players in a simmilar style. Imagine we have 2 Martinez’s and 2 Varans. Even if first choice center backs get injured we could still play high line. ETH’s first choice center backs excel in high line defending, whereas his 2nd and 3rd choice center back prefer to defend in their box. Is it really that difficult to understand?

ETH is not blameless but the shit he gets is undeserved
Misplaced arrogance in your post. Liverpool have had a lot of injuries, maybe look into it.
Yes we've had Shaw and Martinez out for long spells, but it happens and you have to change things slightly.

Ten Hag spent most of the season refusing to change our wide open midfield, and it'll cost him. The FA cup win is beautiful and pleased for him, but it's definitely time for a change.

Some of the transfers like Antony were a criminal mess. He's slipped to 4th choice winger. Yet Ten Hag insisted on him.

pacifictheme

Winning today is probably my favourite moment since we won the league. Thought we had no chance. Love it.

BorisManUtd

Gave 8/10 rating to most of the players. Can't complain much and can't complain at all regarding first half.

pacifictheme

Let's have balance.

Shut the feck up really. Go to another thread

Giggsy13

Winning two trophies and going to 3 finals hasn’t convinced them either. Unfortunately no one is capable of having a balanced discussion over issues that may have impacted the season. The simplistic view rules; blame it all on the manager.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Winning two trophies and going to 3 finals hasn’t convinced them either. Unfortunately no one is capable of having a balanced discussion over issues that may have impacted the season. The simplistic view rules; blame it all on the manager.
It's amazing how one win in a big game can convince someone that the whole season of evidence of not being good enough can just be explained away so easily with injuries.

Giggsy13

You’re joking right? We had one fit CB and haven’t had a LB the majority of the season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You’re joking right? We had one fit CB and haven’t had a LB the majority of the season.
It's not an alibi to finish 8th though is it?
I'd say it's a lot down to refusing to change our system that allowed a wide open midfield, and all sorts of crap teams sprinting through there and getting 20-25 shots a game off.

Giggsy13

It's amazing how one win in a big game can convince someone that the whole season of evidence of not being good enough can just be explained away so easily with injuries.
I’m sorry you’re so gutted we won the FA cup.

Garnacho's Shoelaces

I hear ya bud. Some of the tactics have been truly dirt, especially away - however, I feel ETH deserves another season after that. We shut out the best team in the world there and by coincidence we have Licha back. Again, passion was there.
15th on xPts. Keeping EtH would be accepting a lucky 8th place finish as our standard.

Today was great but one swallow does not a summer make.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I’m sorry you’re so gutted we won the FA cup.
I'm delighted by it, just bemused that some people seem to excuse the rest of what has been a dreadful season because of it.

Record number of defeats, a -1 goal difference, despite having all of our attackers available almost every game etc etc.

Harsh on a manager to sack them after a win, but we did it when finishing 5th, let alone 8th.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Couldn't be happier today. Everybody did an amazing job.

Special gratitude to Varane, because he is leaving and he gave his all every minute that he was here, to the last second. We were not winning anything today without him and Licha.

Rafa, you will always have special place in United fans' hearts! Thank you!

Stig

I think it was just that, the guy is probably sad he got dropped from the Euros, isn't playing well, and talks of him leaving the club for the right number. Based on his past and how he deals with negativity he's probably just not in a good spot mentally.

He was such a bright spot for the team when Rooney left and now he's being seen as the blight. Some of this is on him and his inconsistencies, but I don't think for one second he doesn't care about this club and what it means for him. Plus the FA cup is still a huge deal for English players so it's probably just all of that hitting him
I think that's a decent guess and summary. Taking it in, and contemplating.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Couldn't be happier today. Everybody did an amazing job.

Special gratitude to Varane, because he is leaving and he gave his all every minute that he was here, to the last second. We were not winning anything today without him and Licha.

Rafa, you will always have special place in United fans' hearts! Thank you!
Big job to replace him for quality. Hopefully an easier job to get someone who won't miss 20 games a season!

Nas-JR

We had more injuries than all of them. In fact, Liverpool had 10 less injuries.

6th to 8th to me is more or less the same especially when you consider the difference is little to no points.

Most importantly, they all won sweet FA in trophies. I don't understand why anyone would discount that especially as we hadn't won a trophy for 5 years before he arrived. Ten hag has more trophies now than arteta and any other manager in the prem other than pep since he came here. Not only that, but we beat pep's city (first manager to beat him in an English domestic cup) and klopp's Liverpool en route to this win. Does all this not count for anything?

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Big job to replace him for quality. Hopefully an easier job to get someone who won't miss 20 games a season!
Yeap. 100%

Hopefully Licha can be fit most of next season, because without Varane we will need him badly

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
This was so glorious and emotional to see. I absolutely adore that man❤
Very well said. He was looking pretty well and I can imagine how this win would have cheered him up no end.
I too just love Sir Alex Ferguson for what he is and what he has done for Manchester United.

Man of the Match

Provisional results
Kobbie Mainoo image Kobbie Mainoo 55% of 341 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

Provisional results
7.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 321 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win