FA L FA Cup 4th Round

Manchester United 1:1 Middlesbrough

Post-match discussion

Fri, 04 February 2022

Bwuk

Get what we deserve. We created a lot of chances and didn’t take them. We should of won that 5-0.

Pughnichi

How are Boro so good at penalties. 3 top bins. Few more bottom corners.

ahh well. Biggest talking point will be the VAR call

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Absolutely atrocious. I really don’t want RR anywhere near the permanent position.

BorisManUtd

Feels like a deja vu from when the same team knocked us out of League Cup in 2015/16 season, was also penalties and Old Trafford.

Sad...

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Not fun. But at least not fun because of bad finishing and ref decisions rather than us not playing well at any point throughout.

Some signs of progress in the actual performance. Though given Rangnick will be gone in a few months anyway, I'd have preferred an actual win.

yamo123x

If you can't beat Boro at home in 120mins with arguably our best team out then we don't deserve to go through. SIMPLE

Gurtej

So a keeper on 100k who wants to be number 1 for us couldn’t stop one single penalty…….

I am not blaming him only but this is the state of our club…. Stop blaming ref for once decision….. it’s a bloody championship side for god sake…. Even with 10 men, we should be smashing them…

paulscholes18

Missed far too many sitters, ref ignoring a clear blatant handball is unacceptable and should never ref a United game again

redom

Feels like nothing can go right for this club at the moment, suppose we've just got to get used to wallowing in the shit.

Redlyn

The worst finishing performance by United I have ever seen bar none.

Im including Arsenal 2005 FA Cup Final and Portsmouth 2008 in that too.
Yeah and Boro 2022 is now arguably worse than both of those. Somehow.

hp88

Easy to blame others but we should have killed this game off, too many missed chances with this lot.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
The banter years continue. I suggest everyone emotionally detaches themselves from the club until you can actually see some real progress being made.

Widow

Sorry Ronnie but I'm starting to think you are past it. You just didn't have the legs tonight, shocking finishing by all the lads but Ronaldo looked like an old man in a young mans world.

Jev

It's a damn shame to go out but the performance was good. We could easily have been looking at a 5-0 win right now. Hope the team can build on the performance.

spiriticon

It doesn't matter who stays or who goes. It's going to be fecking shit.

L1nk

I mean, people will say we played bad, but we actually played well, really well actually, just a shame we can't put away chance after chance. We should have been clear by half time, then of course a blatant handball that wasn't given. I hope that guy that handballed it gets two footed in the next round and his career is over, that would be justice the cheating poundland KDB looking piece of shit

Ludens the Red

All that time spent raging at Anthony Taylor being a cnut. I forgot what half of our players are.
60 minutes to react to a boro equaliser. To put some pressure on and they fold like a 2 dollar whore. Shambles of a club, shambles of a team.
When’s the next international break?

and what’s all this playing really well bollocks. I get this team are shitshow basically every game but that was the bare minimal that should be expected at home to a lower division team. First time in a about a year United manage to have more than 3 shots in a half and everyone’s wetting themselves over how “well” they played.
Only took a boro equaliser for them to sink back to their pathetic bottom level.

Chris-Red

A lot of over reaction in match thread. We played some nice football. We didn’t take our chances. Boro got one of the dodgiest goals I’ve seen in a while. It’s crap but whatever.

shazzmufc

Absolute robbery, but it’s on us. Started so well and should have wrapped this up in the first half. Conceded a joke of a goal and then just fell off a cliff.

Hope Elanga doesn’t get too affected by this.

King Eric 7

Fecking Boro were shit but so damned good on pens. Poor finishing cost us. And THAT handball :mad:

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 214 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Middlesbrough win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 32% Man Utd 2:0 Middlesbrough
  • 24% Man Utd 3:0 Middlesbrough