PL L FA Premier League

Newcastle United 1:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 06 October 2019

FelixFelixFelix

I have watched every game this season and I don't understand why we can play so badly. Ole and the players have to take the responsibility really. I have never seen a manutd team plays like this. Back-passing and side-passing for the whole 90 minus and that is amazing. Matic is too old to play in this tempo and then no players knows what Fred was doing on the pitch. Rashford learned all the things from Lukaku and we have no striker now. If Martial and Pogda do not have a speedy recovery, I think we will be regulated.

GM K

How did it come to this? Worse than LVG.. we genuinely look clueless in the final third now
We came second just two seasons ago (yes, just TWO seasons ago. Thi k about that for a second) and instead of us backing the manager that dragged us there with everything we've got to make a push for the title, Mr. Woodward and the Board decided they know more than the man who has won it all, fired him, hired a rookie club legend, fail to back him fully, sold/loaned off two of our attackers without replacing them, left a talisman who wants out, sold two of our midfielders without replacing them, etc. That's basically how we got here.

0le

We will be in the relegation zone when Liverpool beat us.

pixel

Seriously, Ole. I don't know what are you trying to do. I wouldn't play the squad like this. Nothing in the middle, always side way passing. It was God awful to watch. It is very simple actually. Put Greenwood in the middle and Rushford on the left. Let James play on the right, put Pereira in the middle. Don't bother playing Fred and Tom, move Lindelof to DM.
He doesn't either.

rpitchfo

This mid table team is performing slightly worse than I expected. Nobody could do better with this group of players, the squad is truely dire. You really have to look to the person who has brought us to this point now. Ed Woodward....if the glazers wanted us to be competitive he needs to go.

Kweku Amonoo

Who was the worst player on the pitch? Rashford. Guess who played the full ninety mins. Ole is so out of his depth, it's sad really. If he really loves the club like he says, he'll resign.

Woodzy

Genuine chance of a relegation battle on this form.

Was laughing it off a few weeks ago but the reality of where we are at is sinking in.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Completely run out of ideas from the beginning.

Midfield pair Fred and McTominay were abysmal.
Rashford and Mata may as well not have played.
Dalot was poor defending.

Young was poor but somehow one of our better players.

Tuanzebe MoM for what it's worth.

Know we have lots of injuries but don't see any plan. Depressing.

Ekeke

Did anyone actually want us to sneak a goal in the last few minutes and get a point? Losing will make it easier to make the right choice

jackal&hyde

Bad but expected given the team we had. We have 0 quality deph when Martial, Pogba, Bissaka, Shaw are out.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Is playing the United way means having to watch Fred and Young recycle passes over and over?

Proper fecking shit. Ole's lost me this game.

Zaboot

Playing at home should keep us away from relegation. Just forget about away matches

liamp

That match wouldn't have looked out of place if it occurred in 1993.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's a process.

It will take time.

We played well and were unlucky to lose.

I'm seeing the 'lads' play really well in training and working hard.

The list of utter garbage that comes out of Ole's mouth is bewildering. If he had any dignity he will do the decent thing; Woodward is too impotent to show any bottle so this sh*tshow is going to last all season folks!
Absolutely. We're just waiting for the next few decent results so the fans get some hope and heat is off for awhile.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Saw my first United game in 1969. this is the worst they have ever been. utterly clueless and that has to be down to the coaching. sorry Ole has to go -- and now. need to finally get allegri in (if we wait too long we'll end up with fecking zidane) and he needs to clear out a lot of the utter dogshite who claim to be footballers. be nice to see woodward sacked but that won't happen unless there's a takeover

RORY65

:lol:

You could say that!
It's a really tough time at the moment. I do admire your faith and support of Solskjaer, I tend to think he's not the right man for the job and he's not doing a good job, but I do agree with you that the team we have at the moment is in a terrible state which any manager would struggle with and there are plenty of people who take more blame for that than Ole.

Sanche7

Wow! thank God I stopped watching us months ago, would have ruined my whole Sunday evening. But I think I’ve reached a point where I don’t really care, I’ve accepted the fact that we are a very mediocre side who will struggle to finish top 6. Ole should just resign and we should bring someone experienced in, just to steady the ship, say Wenger. But I don’t see it happening, at least not yet. Maybe after a trashing by Liverpool Ole’s job will be under threat. I’ll be very surprised if he is fired now.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Well S H I T. Again. This is not Manchester United. Its Glazer and Woody and Ole United. Fake, I say.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Turned MUTV on. There are no phone numbers etc, so looks like no phone-in again. Looks like Jonny Evans is going to be a dad again. Helen looking sad but blooming.

DavidDeSchmikes

Underperforming senior players + unproven youngsters and this is what you get. Too many inconsistent transfer windows has brought us here. The board, the players, the manager, there is nothing to be proud of here.

DocRockter

Martial, Pogba yes, but more vital is our FBs Wan and Shaw.. Shaw still the most balanced in the League if you look at all the attributes.. Two weeks from now I want blood..

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
It's so bad I can't even enjoy City losing. Never been this bad, and its going to get worse, believe it.

nameischarles

Ole getting sacked would be just a scapegoat excuse for Woodward. Ole needs to resign his tried but clearly it's not working out and the pressure will be on the board.

Tony247

See I can see team can play good and still lose. Sometimes rotten luck sticks with you and you still feel the hope for the next match. But way we are playing football is really pathetic and no hope for future. Entire coaching staff has to go.

GM K

End of a cycle. Pochettino doesn’t want to be there and the players aren’t playing for him. Same thing happened to Klopp before he went to Liverpool.
As much as I respect Pochetino's work, I think we should not go for him (yet). He looks burned out. He should take some time out. Let's go for an Allegri or anyone else that is fresh. But frankly, I am convinced that just changing managers won't solve our problem. We have deeper issues.

criticalanalysis

Why are we playing EVERY SINGLY set piece as a dead ball FFS?

Just sprint towards the ball, play it short and keep them on their toes from open play. Every single bit of momentum we had from a throw in or free-kick, we waited until every single body Utd or Newcastle player get into position.

Just stupidly dumb.

Player Ratings

3.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 473 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Newcastle win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 16% Newcastle 0:1 Man Utd