PL D FA Premier League

Newcastle United 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Mon, 27 December 2021

daveskimufc

Why can’t the players play 5 yard passes? Why do we get pressed so easily? Telles for example everyone knows he is going to look to pass but try a quick flick to get past his man and they always ALWAYS see it and gain possession

USREDEVIL

Didn't see any pressing or forwarding thinking play. I don't mind losing or tie-ing if it's part of the process but to tie with that performance, is pretty shit.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You could certainly tell we hadn't played for ages.
Looked horribly out of sync.

RUCK4444

Anyone else get annoyed with the United app repeatedly sending dozens of messages of ‘how Harry and the team plan to improve on the last performance’ and other similar notifications when we lose?

I don’t want to hear that shite. Just be better.

Steve 007

Am I the only one who thinks he should have hooked off Dalot for AWB. If he did we might have had a better game. Saint Maximum destroyed us last night mainly coming from that side, AWB is not well liked as an attacking full back and can be rash but he’s hard to get past and one of the best tacklers in the league. I honestly believe he’d have neutralised that threat.

Wing Attack Plan R

We will get a look at the crystal ball telling our future in January. If the owners splash out and allow RR to buy some players, we have a chance. We need upgrades on all 3 midfielders who played against Newcastle, we need upgrades on RB, LB, and a CB. We could use 5 or 6 players just to implement RR's vision.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Disgraceful. Heads need to roll. Maguire, McTominay, Rashford can piss off.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I'm just wondering what exactly the 30 minute against Palace was? New manager bounce? I'm crazy how disjointed we have looked since then

dal

I thought we were quite good in the second half, I just thought Varane was horrendous but it’s to be expected in all honesty.

Shaw should start over Telles.

Are the people saying Ragnick is a dud like 5 years old.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I thought we were quite good in the second half, I just thought Varane was horrendous but it’s to be expected in all honesty.

Shaw should start over Telles.

Are the people saying Ragnick is a dud like 5 years old.
Yep, I think the Telles experiment needs to end now, and get Shaw back in there.

Still to be seen on the right hand side, probably 50-50 at the moment.

But we've got big problems playing this 4-2-2-2 business as attacking full backs are so important to it.

Dominos

I'm just wondering what exactly the 30 minute against Palace was? New manager bounce? I'm crazy how disjointed we have looked since then
People are getting so carried away with that.

We were playing a bottom half team at Old Trafford and we had a decent opening half hour. Whoopdedoo. We barely created any clear cut chances in the game, Palace settled into the game eventually and our intensity dropped because you can't play 100mph for 90 minutes.

It's frankly no big deal that one of the best squads in the league can have a dominant opening spell at home against a lower half team.

I'm not sure why people are getting so carried away as if what we saw was something special. Home teams sometimes make a fast start and the away team has to hang in there for a spell until the game settles, you see it every week.

What's been consistent all season and under Ralf is our passing and chance creation is just nowhere near good enough.

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 90% of 292 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 298 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Newcastle win
  • Draw