PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:0 Newcastle United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 16 October 2022

Dr. StrangeHate

You people have to calm down. City dropped points against this lot. This isn't some disaster like some want to believe.
City shoe in for top 4.
Arsenal looking great.
Tottenham looking super solid.
Chelsea getting so much luck that it defies belief.
Liverpool will eventually challenge.
Top 4 is the most difficult it has ever been.

The result is not a disaster but in the context of the challenge for top 4 it is worrying.

Speako

The frustration you feel watching this club playing football in 2022, must take years off your life. It’s probably just me, but they honestly get me to boiling point!

2 minutes into injury time, Dalot runs across the line and Sancho is WIDE open for a run on goal. A five year old could see it. Of course, the ball goes sideways. Again.

Rustyspider13

Tragic, just tragic. Newcastle decided to put 10 man behind the ball in the second half and without Eriksen we were hopeless. Even then we made two clear cut chances that should've been scored. Another day we could've had a penalty too but that's beside the point. We created enough to win this game. Just couldn't do the most important bit.

And I've never been one to hurl abuse at our players, but Fred really got on my nerves today. How he is so bad at the basics as a professional I'll never know. Poor control, underhit passes, refusal to use his weak foot...just awful. And why the hell does he keep shooting from outside of the box when he can't get it anywhere near the target? Extremely frustrated at him today.

This is the game we needed to win before the next two matches. Feeling down going into those now. EtH needs to get them shooting practice for the next two days and hope Eriksen recovers well.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Sleepwalking through most of the game tends to end up with a result like this. Feel Ronaldo would have buried that Rashford header at the end. Frustrating performance, shite ref.

justboy68

We can't create chances with Ronaldo on the pitch.
We can't finish chances with Rashford on the pitch.
We don't have a chance of getting Martial on the pitch.

Devil81

So wasteful again, like others have said we need a striker badly.

One thing people seem to be just ignoring is how solid we are as a unit, Newcastle are no mugs and I never once felt they could score against us. Previous years I was biting my nails all game.

Just need to start scoring now.

Flexdegea

No way were we unthreatening, we should have scored at least twice

I'm convinced people aren't watching matches.

Dalot at end should have shot, Fred should have scored, and rashford got the best chance at the end and that's just the last 10 minutes, but apparently brutal football too watch and we create nothing

space

I'm surprised at the reactions here, I thought we were very unlucky..

Fred and Rashford have to score, and Dalot, for some reason doesn't shoot. The 2 decisions by Pawson were a joke too and he gave everything to them.

I thought our possession and passing were solid, and Antony looked good too. At least it feels like we have a style and are building something. We missed Martial and were much better when Rashford came on with the fluid front three. Come on guys don't be too disheartened. Yes Top 4 will be tough but it is a long season - hopefully if we can get some positive results against Spurs and Chelsea we then have a run of very winnable games.

City shoe in for top 4.
Arsenal looking great.
Tottenham looking super solid.
Chelsea getting so much luck that it defies belief.
Liverpool will eventually challenge.
Top 4 is the most difficult it has ever been.

The result is not a disaster but in the context of the challenge for top 4 it is worrying.
We aren't getting top four this year. You're right, there are too many other teams better than us. This season has to be ETH establishing a style of play and the team improving.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Meh, not great but not terrible either. Missed Eriksen & Rashford. ETH needs time. Newcastle are no mugs either.
Obviously we need a striker and midfielder. Minimum.

space

Better team but you can't win games with that kind of referees. When a game is thight you need correct decisions and not people taking abnormal decision despite replays that we also see.

I hope tenHag don't dissapoint and goes all in against referees and VAR.
Agree, shocking ref

RedDevil-85

Not good enough.
Disappointed by the lack of subs, Fred plays the whole 90min whilst being terrible when we have 2 promising midfielders tucked away on the bench.Yeah they are young but as Ten Hag said, they are there to help the team so why not use them.

Think we will lose to both Tottenham and Chelsea.
We wont get top 4, teams above us are way ahead of us in everything.

sparx99

Constantly taking the wrong option, lack of composure and lack of directness from our wingers.

Antony and Sancho have to drive at the full back from minute 1. As soon as they did we looked a threat.

Bruno and Fred in the same team just kills attacks. They have zero composure and cannot choose the right option.

soapythecat

Another game where our lack of a goal scorer has hampered us. We could and should be winning games way more comfortable than we are. Played well in parts today and could have scored 3 or 4 (they could have scored a few too).
Another result that highlights the lack of quality in the side but a game we would have lost last season. ETH has us moving in the right direction for sure.

Irwin99

Didn't see the game but I hope Eriksen and Martial are back soon :nervous:

Santoryo

ripping the reward
That was an absolutely abysmal performance. Again. Honestly, I watch Championship teams play better than the dull football we play. Seriously thinking if it's worth coming down to watch this shite anymore.
Honestly you lots are something else. Absymal performance? Posts like these are pathetic and only serve to incite more bullshit. Why can't some of you lots simply behave instead of regurgitating nonsensical crap so you can have a moan.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Newcastle are very good. I dont mind a 0-0 to be honest. They're going to go toe to toe with everyone.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think people are being harsh on Sancho, he was doing well in the first half but faded in the second.

Our wingers don't receive the ball in areas where they can drive at FBs

Real Name

Honestly you lots are something else. Absymal performance? Posts like these are pathetic and only serve to incite more bullshit. Why can't some of you lots simply behave instead of regurgitating nonsensical crap so you can have a moan.
Complete over the top posts.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That was an absolutely abysmal performance. Again. Honestly, I watch Championship teams play better than the dull football we play. Seriously thinking if it's worth coming down to watch this shite anymore.
This post is so, so exaggerated.

Hester_manc

Danish pundits criticize referee and VAR. They believe that Ronaldo's goal should count and it is a clear refereeing error. They also do not understand that Sancho did not get a penalty kick.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I'm surprised at the reactions here, I thought we were very unlucky..

Fred and Rashford have to score, and Dalot, for some reason doesn't shoot. The 2 decisions by Pawson were a joke too and he gave everything to them.

I thought our possession and passing were solid, and Antony looked good too. At least it feels like we have a style and are building something. We missed Martial and were much better when Rashford came on with the fluid front three. Come on guys don't be too disheartened. Yes Top 4 will be tough but it is a long season - hopefully if we can get some positive results against Spurs and Chelsea we then have a run of very winnable games.
Terrible finishing (Rashford and Fred) and bad decision making (Dalot) is not "unlucky". That's just the level we're at.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Would like to see Eriksen as 10 and Bruno benched... got to at least try it and see. We've benched other players (rightly) and he shouldn't be immune.

Antony has to take FBs on and use his right. Too predictable and teams will quickly pick up on it (if not already).

Few others poor to average and Pawson always there as a fallback just in case we actually looked like scoring.

2 points dropped... games like this are difference in top 4 or not.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We aren't getting top four this year. You're right, there are too many other teams better than us. This season has to be ETH establishing a style of play and the team improving.
Why is the bar so low? I don't want ETH sacked, but top 4 is up for grabs, we spent a lot more, we should expect more.

sugar_kane

It was clear as day when Ronaldo was in the starting line up we weren’t scoring.

First draw in any competition under Ten Hag today, and only second time in the league we we haven’t scored in a game.

PoTMS

I don't think it's too early to question what exactly it is Ten Hag does in training.

GMoore23

Such a low energy performance
Get ready for worse to come.

It was absolutely criminal on EtH's part not to rest the squad on Thursday with the week we have ahead.
He showed both insecurity and short sightedness with that decision.

JuriM

Both sides played some decent football and it's not like we were playing against a relegation side there, very even game and came close to finish it off on dying seconds.

Jacko21

Dropped points aside, what an awful game of football.

Can’t abide referees who actively contribute to the slowing down of a game.

Real Name

Are you all right?

Santoryo

ripping the reward
No way were we unthreatening, we should have scored at least twice
I think some people just log onto the Caf searching and looking for every opportunities to write tired drivel. Anyone claiming we were unthreatening and dull need to give their head a wobble.

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 226 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Newcastle win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 30% Man Utd 2:1 Newcastle
  • 17% Man Utd 2:0 Newcastle