LC W League Cup Final

Manchester United 2:0 Newcastle United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 26 February 2023

Robertd0803

Bit calmer and can probably make more sense now, than earlier :lol: This is huge. Finally getting that trophy drought over with is massive.

It just feels (and has felt like) we are finally going somewhere after the last decade of torture for the most part. Ten Hag is just wonderful. Playing Barca Thursday night and then winning a cup final comfortably enough 3 days later is an incredible acheivement considering Newcastle havent turned up in weeks since the semi final.

Watching us lift the trophy with my 2 sons wrapped around me (for my youngest its the first trophy hes seen us lift) meant the world to me today.

Havent drank in nearly 18 months but Im having one tonight.

Member 125288

Watching us lift the trophy with my 2 sons wrapped around me (for my youngest its the first trophy hes seen us lift) meant the world to me today.
This is great, hopefully it’s the first of many for the little guy!

RopersReturn

There's something old school about this team. Something hugely likeable. They're such a collective, they work fantastically hard for each other, and they are so, so united. Look at the joy on all those players' faces at the end. Look, too, at the hugely powerful connection they've re-established with the fans. Thursday night was a major statement; this one, even more so.

Robertd0803

Don't do it Robbie :eek:
Its all good was self imposed to begin with anyway, never had any issues or anything but stopped pretty much after the Europa League final v Villareal for no particular reason other than couldnt be bothered anymore and other than raising a toast with one of my best friends at her Fathers funeral I didnt drink since.

But todays a day to celebrate so dug the bottle of Jack Daniels out and cheers :)

Last edited:

MF1138

Fantastic win particularly when you take into account we played Thursday and really only had one proper day to prepare whereas Newcastle had a full week off and have clearly been concentrated on this since they won the semi.

Real Name

Love that all the player and ETH are saying we want more. Let this be just the beginning.

We.

Are.

Back.

andy0

I watched on my tablet via wifi in a club

I reckoned I could watch the highlights on ITV

18 minutes of actual match, already finished a third of the way into a 55 minute programme

Looks like the chat with Shay Given and Wes Brown might last longer than the match highlights

Member 125288

Looks like the chat with Shay Given and Wes Brown might last longer than the match highlights
And the best part is the programme synopsis says Shay Given and Peter Schmeichel - not even their first choice lineup and it’s had more airtime than the actual match.

Chippa62

And the best part is the programme synopsis says Shay Given and Peter Schmeichel - not even their first choice lineup and it’s had more airtime than the actual match.
Wes Brown was there with MUTV, must have stood in last minute for Peter Schmeichel.

Get in there you Reds :):):)

HaliRed

So i just rewatched the match, to see how we played without the heebie jeebies...although to be fair, with a bit more inoxication...

With only 2 days rest since Barca, it was always going to be tough to match Thursday's intensity and performance.

Having said that, we really neutered Newcastle, to the point where it was quite comfortable. I never felt like we were going to lose. They huffed an puffed, but chances were scarce for them.

Once Howe made the mental decision to take their only threat St. Maximin off, and EtH brough on Sabitzer and McTominay, it became a matter of how many goals would we add, rather than concede. In fact, a couple of better decisions and we could have had 2-3 more.

Leicester match caused us more issues to be fair.

Casemiro??? Man oh man...

Case-HERO!

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Only home.

Get this fecking thread top.

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSRß.
From the pub? You were never at it Kid? Anyway, it's a beautiful thing to have finally reached a point where the whole Caf is in love with our manager and all our players. It'll be gone by Wednesday evening. Let's enjoy it while we can.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
So i just rewatched the match, to see how we played without the heebie jeebies...although to be fair, with a bit more inoxication...

With only 2 days rest since Barca, it was always going to be tough to match Thursday's intensity and performance.

Having said that, we really neutered Newcastle, to the point where it was quite comfortable. I never felt like we were going to lose. They huffed an puffed, but chances were scarce for them.

Once Howe made the mental decision to take their only threat St. Maximin off, and EtH brough on Sabitzer and McTominay, it became a matter of how many goals would we add, rather than concede. In fact, a couple of better decisions and we could have had 2-3 more.

Leicester match caused us more issues to be fair.

Casemiro??? Man oh man...

Case-HERO!
Precisely this. How many chances did they get ? ASM had one after skinning Dalot.

It was a very comfortable night .

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
From the pub? You were never at it Kid? Anyway, it's a beautiful thing to have finally reached a point where the whole Caf is in love with our manager and all our players. It'll be gone by Wednesday evening. Let's enjoy it while we can.
Yep! We're all behind Ten Hag. I hate to say it but he's our Klopp in that he's the man we're all behind and we feel he's unsackable now. What a great Sunday that was!

Pele's blue pil

Supports
Arsenal
Glad you won as had you in the last leg of a 25/1 8 fold, if I'm honest I didn't think you had to do that much, Newcastle didn't turn up and think they have been found out since Howe realised he needs to try and attack more or he will just keep on getting draws, don't think he can find the balance yet. The quality of defending between the two teams was night and day. Always liked Newcastle because of their fans but Howe has made them the most unlikable team in the league. Will be cheering for his tactics next week though when they face city.

Congratulations on the win

Reactions: Jippy

JB7

Just got home. Fantastic day. Ten Hag is the fecking man.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
From reddit. Glazers Out sign in front of the Glazer.

Ole'sattheWheel

I'm 5 months sober so unfortunately I haven't drank to celebrate tonight. Hopefully you lot can make up for it in my place.

Cheers!

SAF is the GOAT

You know that when Erik said that "Newcastle is boring" comment he wanted to wind up Eddie Howe so they will come and attack us because our players were too tired so we could have counter attack them and score.

Player Ratings

7.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 365 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Newcastle win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 30% Man Utd 2:0 Newcastle
  • 24% Man Utd 2:1 Newcastle