PL L FA Premier League

Newcastle United 2:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 02 April 2023

Von Mistelroum

It's fecking painful when you're beaten in every single aspect of a game. Totally outplayed
Exactly this. These players cost so much and earn so much and they can't even touch Newcastle in any area. Utterly dominated and outclassed without any real threat at all.

We have incredibly expensive players who can't even do the basics 50% of the time. It's so depressing to watch.

joedirt87

Ole's PSG is ETH's Barcelona, and now it's the same situation of that season where no one really wants to finish in 3rd and 4th so anyone between Newcastle to Villa could stumble in those last two spots.

wangyu

Well this was incoming. I had a bit of hope with the international break but it wasn’t to be.

Fts 74

Just reinforces the need to get rid of the average players that we've had for years.
Awful performance.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Well, that’s me not entering any player performance threads until after Wednesday (hopefully).

Houdini

This was wrong on so many levels. ETH messed it up today big time.

SuperiorXI

Lethargic, insipid display, shown no fight and were just going through the motions from minute one.

Only De Gea and Antony did half-decent.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Barely worth discussing. So much wrong from start to end. Never looked like getting anything.

The Purley King

Please no more Weghorst.
As much as I like his effort that was genuinely appalling.
Not the only one by any stretch but he was desperate today.
Could easily have been 4 or 5

Bubba123

Overall pretty rubbish from us, but it’s amazing how the Saudis have turned them around like this

Chairman Steve

Outclassed by a fecking Eddie Howe team ffs. We made the southern square jawed chipmunk look like a good manager.

sirAlexsglasses

I knew this would be one tough game and we would have to graft and also have luck to get anything from it. But the performances out there today were shocking, we can’t handle a press and we constantly have brain fart decisions waiting to happen. As for the subs of Varane and Martinez………I genuinely can not figure out the reasoning for that one at all, seriously just why???? We still have Brentford and Brighton to come yet, the wheels can still fall off massively unless this shower of cowards get a grip of the, what a bunch of snowflakes really.

UDontMessWith24

Players aren’t working for each other anymore. Too much walking off the ball in attack and defense. No energy bar 10-15 minutes after Newcastle scored. This mental fragility needs to be weeded out.

Rustyspider13

Thoroughly deserved loss. EtH needs to find a new midfield combination for the 2 remaining league matches without Casemiro. I don't care if we sit back and play for the draw by parking the bus for both those games. It's clear we can't play at all without our new midfield recruits. There is a real chance that we lose both games as our midfield is shocking and no matter how good the defenders play, it eventually breaks down.

At least Martial looked good. Isak made the difference for them, hopefully Martial does the same for the remaining of the season.

MonkeysMagic

Losing I can cope with but getting taught a footballing lesson from Newcastle, I can't. They are a team of players with lessor ability but they play as a team. I'm still wanting to see a Itd team consistently control games but not sure that is ever hoing to transpire when we seem to accumulate such mentally weak fodder.

The players only deserve Europa league but us as fans have to go along with that!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Bruno is a problem when things aren't going his way

moodyred

I thought I was cruel with my player ratings, only to find out that I have been too kind.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Deserved nothing, got nothing. On another day, and against a more capable opponent, it could have ended in an absolute humiliation. We haven't had a good game in quite a while. If Spurs get their act together, we will be in trouble for top-four.

AndyMUFC

Predictably awful. We just can’t play without Casemiro and Eriksen.

Siorac

The most predictable defeat of the season.

I'm amazed that some fans actually believe we might challenge for the title next season. We're miles away. We'd need around 5-6 successful signings for that, or multiple players to suddenly improve drastically.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Please no more Weghorst.
As much as I like his effort that was genuinely appalling.
Not the only one by any stretch but he was desperate today.
Could easily have been 4 or 5
If Martial is fit for Wednesday and hasn't done himself a mischief today, you would hope Weggy is back to the bench.

hobbers

Oh so predictable annihilation but luckily not reflected in the score.

We have too many trash players and we were never going to be able to carry so many no marks in the starting eleven and subs for the rest of the season. Been well and truly found out after the league cup win.

Weghorst is a sunday league player, end of. Playing him is achieving nothing but damaging ETH's credibility. McTominay and Sabitzer are useless and dont belong anywhere near a club of this level, but fair enough we haven't got much choice. Antony and Sancho are feeble cowards who are way out of their depth in this league, let alone the top end of it. Bruno also doing his typical clown act that he does in all competitive away matches.

You can carry one or two pretenders but we've got too many out there now every single game.

Betson

Mentality midget performance again in a big game away form home.

This had nothing to do with tiredness or any of other excuses we normally throw around after abject performances like this.

We did not want to know form the first minute , all we were interested was raising that white flag , taking our beating and going home , it could easily have been another Etihad or Anfeild result if Newcastle were a bit more composed.

Lucky we have that Caraboa cup in the bag because this season is starting to look just like other season gone by recently

Under Ole Roy Keane said these players would get any manager the sack , give them time and they will eventually get ETH the sack as well. So much more overhaul needed in this squad.

SuperiorXI

Ole's PSG is ETH's Barcelona, and now it's the same situation of that season where no one really wants to finish in 3rd and 4th so anyone between Newcastle to Villa could stumble in those last two spots.
Have a word with yourself. There's huge differences between those two games, like night and day.

Kevzter

Fecking wasted the 1st half with Wout (teachers pet) wasting the game away. 2nd half wasted another 15 mins before making any subs trying to change the game. Could have played another 2 hours and still wouldn't have scored. Too little too late...

Player Ratings

4.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 216 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Newcastle win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% Newcastle 1:2 Man Utd
  • 20% Newcastle 1:1 Man Utd