LC L League Cup Round of 16

Manchester United 0:3 Newcastle United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 01 November 2023

Agila Dathi

We had equal amount of captains tonight (3) and shots on target (3) :angel:
I honestly would take Moyes back within a heartbeat, and I’m not even joking.

RedIan

Pick a Motm out of that pile of cack.
A shambolic defence.
A midfield with zero control
A tumescent attack who look disinterested and out of ideas.

RedDevil@84

Players are underperforming. They are ready to get yet another manager sacked.

cj_sparky

Awful first half. Better start to the second with some nice little moves and then it was over.

We are in freefall.

Wazzaduke33

He’s not good enough right ? ETH, I think most are in agreement now, but these shower are throwing the 5th manager in succession under the bus, it’s absolutely shameful

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Every single fan voting to keep this useless excuse of a manager deserve this and every subsequent loss we endure under his god forsaken abysmal tenure.
And what do you deserve? Every subsequent decade of shite that we'll endure because children like you throw their toys after every new manager's bad spell?

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Onana - proactive, not much chance for the 2nd/3rd, could've make himself bigger for 1st
Dalot - cost us the game, literally
Maguire - pinball heading machine with no one around him for no reason
Lindelof - :lol:
Reguilon - one of the few that actually looks like he cares. On loan :lol:
Casemiro - past it
Hannibal - could've been sent off within 10 minutes
Mount - anonymous
Garnacho - very disappointing
Martial - :lol:
Antony- :lol::lol:

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Pick a Motm out of that pile of cack.
A shambolic defence.
A midfield with zero control
A tumescent attack who look disinterested and out of ideas.
I gave everyone a 1/10, mainly because they were still breathing at the end.

Red_Aaron

Did we create a single opportunity of note?
Bruno maybe late on but he missed the target
At home in a knockout tie and I don't remember us even having a decent chance in the entire game

Whatever he's trying to do he needs to scrap it now, the players either can't or won't do it and he'll pay with his job very quickly

Those players are a shower of mercenaries. Disgusting shower of cnuts.
They are a disgrace, and we’ve seen them do this to every manager since Fergie. We must be one of the most toxic and poorly run clubs in the world, and it looks impossible to fix whilst the Glazers remain. We are just circling the drain.

Manncunian

And what do you deserve? Every subsequent decade of shite that we'll endure because children like you throw their toys after every new manager's bad spell?
“New managers bad spell”. I’ve heard some shite on here, but this tops it. :lol:

El Presidente

Newcastle celebrating like they just won a cup.

ETH should make the players stand out on the pitch and watch that. The shameless bunch of underperforming lazy gowls.
Think he's already doing that on a weekly basis. They might start enjoying it at this point.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
Every single fan voting to keep this useless excuse of a manager deserve this and every subsequent loss we endure under his god forsaken abysmal tenure.
Right, and get who in? And have them spend another hundreds of millions on dross, to somehow blend into this already stew of shit. Yeah sounds great that.

Manncunian

Right, and get who in? And have them spend another hundreds of millions on dross, to somehow blend into this already stew of shit. Yeah sounds great that.
Ok keep ETH regardless of results until he retires himself? Sounds sensible.

Any more daft shite you want to spew?

ROFLUTION

Really solid performance from Newcastle today. Their B-side was just hungry. Great finishing.

Every leader at our team is shit currently. Somehow Martial is still at the club. Mount was invisible and had field goal attempts. Amrabat good at passing but shit at defending yet again. Casemiro’s mind too slow again. Garnacho and Antony forced to create goals by themselves, which is not how we should set up.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
To show how pathetic things are, we brought on our 'big guns' it made not a single difference. I actually had to check the lineups again to see if Rashford and Hojlund came on.

ETH is fecking terrible.
So are the big guns. Even more so.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I think the point is, Ten Hag isn't sure what convinced means. He is convinced of nothing. He's out of ideas. All he has left is hope.
At this point I’m not even sure he knows what the issues are. He’s obviously telling the players to do stuff but it isn’t coming off

Al-T

Utter garbage. Disgraceful, pathetic performance. Two 0-3 defeats at home in four days.

God knows what 'coaching' ten Hag actually does. That said, this hapless collection of has beens and never will be players seem to defy any attempt at coaching them.

MonkeysMagic

Been at the game and watching them in front of you are much much worse than on telly.

No movement, zero desire and terrible ball control. I honestly think if you replaced the front 5 with cones we might look more threatening!

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
“New managers bad spell”. I’ve heard some shite on here, but this tops it. :lol:
And I've read shite like yours for far too long. Low IQ mob mentality.

Enjoy waiting for that miracle manager that will solve everything in two months.

Shanghai Red

Bad result, no doubt. Ten Hag has one job now and that is to prevent this tail spin turning into an irrecoverable nose dive. We have a lot of tough fixtures ahead of us. Forget the UCL, we’ve no chance of winning it. The league is the important thing and if we lose on Saturday, lose to Everton away, lose or draw to Chelsea, we are in real trouble. If that happens, Ten Hag will have to go for the good of the club. A caretaker to pull us out of the quicksand might be exactly the type of manager that we thought we’d never have. Let’s not kid ourselves that we can’t get pulled into a relegation fight. Our players have talent but no heart and in a dogfight, I think we would be toast. The players need to remember who they are and who they play for.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
Ok keep ETH regardless of results until he retires himself? Sounds sensible.

Any more daft shite you want to spew?
He thinks I'm the one spewing daft shite. Feck me. You didn't answer my question by the way.

Take a couple of seasons of midtable finishes and let him assemble a squad.

Manncunian

He thinks I'm the one spewing daft shite. Feck me. You didn't answer my question by the way.

Take a couple of seasons of midtable finishes and let him assemble a squad.
I think it’s clear to everyone you’re talking out of your rear orifice as per usual.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
They've stopped playing for him, bar one or two players. Its so fecking obvious.

Jamie Shawcross

At this point I’m not even sure he knows what the issues are. He’s obviously telling the players to do stuff but it isn’t coming off
Well they don't like him then, something is rotten. If game after game a managers message isn't getting across something is rotten. We can't sack all the players. This is completely broken. We can't carry on. We aren't even close to rock bottom yet, this will get much worse. We need to act now.

Yanited__

Pathetic display. No fight or aggression (other than Hannibal who should've went off).

What surprises me the most is the lack of attacking threat. We've all seen that sky stat about the lack of goals from the players, but even just watching this United team, I don't think they create many chances. At times, boring/chore to watch.

Just seems to be getting worse for us. Feels like the season trajectory has been set.

bobglory

its rare i post but wtf . people talk about the rot at the club , this is woodworm and ed left the building a while ago .

i really thought eth was the man to take us forward but this is aint even a joke anymore its some creepy uncle who thinks he's funny but he's just an annoying tw*t

Player Ratings

3.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 210 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Newcastle win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 26% Man Utd 2:1 Newcastle
  • 14% Man Utd 0:2 Newcastle