PL L FA Premier League

Newcastle United 1:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 02 December 2023

AndySmith1990

Disgraceful.

Rashford can feck off and take Ten Hag with him.

The only positive is we didn't lose by more.

Ten Hag is fecking useless. Dutch Moyes

Siorac

Top half team away from home. Anyone who expected us to get anything out of this hadn't been paying attention.

Oranges038

Dreadful.

Rashford and Martial shouldn't start another game for the club.

Dalot is crap.

Wan Bissak falls asleep yet again at the back post.

McTominay invisible.

Fair play to Maguire and Shaw, a display that kept the score to 1. They were brilliant.

redom

Don't know why we even bothered showing up, zero interest in competing and imposing ourselves on the game, just cowered in the corner hoping we might get lucky.

MonkeysMagic

I dont even feel angry anymore, it's just pure apathy for what these players put out at so called performances. A once great club, wallowing in its own cess pit.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Hard to get annoyed. Newcastle away is a very tough place to go to and our players are never going to rise to an occasion like tonight.

Sparky Rhiwabon

No one expected us to get anything there but we very nearly did, if Maguire had got out of the way…

Red Rash

We've spent so much money and are still fielding a team with Maguire (who was ok today), Martial and McTominay.

Rashford was horrific and should be dropped for the next few games at least. Should have brought on Amrabat to partner Mainoo at half time.

Zed is not dead

Our fitness issues have been a constant in the last years.
Players not tracking their runners, lack of intensity, players jogging back to defend, no fight.

Disgusted by the performance tonight, bar Maguire who was the only one fighting

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Absolute garbage except for Maguire and Shaw. Never looked like scoring and just shocking all over the pitch. What annoys me the most is the complete lack of effort. Fair play to Newcastle, they put the effort in, were more physical and played much better football. Sadly, we just aren’t very good. How Rashford came out after half time is beyond me.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
one more time: mods please make "zero" available as a player rating

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Maguire good.
Bruno not bad. Mainoo needed help.

Should not have started Rashford. We wasted a lot of time with him and Martial on the pitch.
McT should be a sub.

When we're playing away to these teams should be 4-3-3. Better for us defensively I think.

Gorse Hill Red

Disgraceful performance. Not one player could be bothered tonight. We have actually gone backwards this season. It’s been two years since United have beat or played well against a top side.

IrishMcD

How anyone would give Rashford more than a 1/10 is mental to me. As bad a performance as you could see from both a work rate aspect and from a functional performance

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Totally outplayed for 87 of the 100min. Some players were a disgrace.

NZT-One

Can't really vote for a man of the match.... A very deserved loss, we lost more or less all individual battles and were outplayed and outfought. That is absolutely shit. 2nd half was a bit better but still didn't produce anything of note and it felt it was less us stepping up a level or two but rather Newcastle starting to take the foot off our necks a bit.

Heinzesight

Positives are we probably could’ve lost by four based on the first half.

Maguire was decent first half but the game suited his ability.

Feel sorry for Mainoo.

Amrabat looked decent when he came on but maybe because he actually showed willing it just stood out.

I’m at the point where Rashford shouldn’t be in the squad. At no point did he resemble a footballer. Antony who wasn’t that good when he came on looked ten times the player.

Awful, insipid, tumescent football. Weak as piss and second to everything.

Edit: why does the word ‘turgi d’ autocorrect to tumescent?

Barnslig

Thanks God Scholes is absolutely laying into Rashford, that was pathetic. A 0 rating

glasgow 21

How anyone would give Rashford more than a 1/10 is mental to me. As bad a performance as you could see from both a work rate aspect and from a functional performance
and he had mid week off.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Men against boys tonight. There were some decent individual performances (Shaw, Maguire, Mainoo), but overall it was a complete shit show. Wan-Bissaka had one of his worst ever games for us, McTominay pulled his usual disappearing act and Rashford thoroughly deserved his 1-ish rating for the game (how did he and Martial got a start, I'll never know).

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Hard to get annoyed. Newcastle away is a very tough place to go to and our players are never going to rise to an occasion like tonight.
Literally any other top team goes to Newcastle and at least TRIES to perform well there. We were disinterested and disengaged from the first whistle. We lost before we walked onto the pitch.

Hester_manc

Onana: 4

AWB: 4
Maguire: 6
Shaw: 7
Dalot: 5

McT: 4
Mainoo: 3
Bruno: 7

Garnacho: 5
Martial: 1
Rashford: 2

-----
Reguilon: 6
Amrabat: 5
Højlund: 5
Antony: 5

MoM: Shaw.

always_hoping

From the 1st to 85 minute bossed and out fought in that match. Man United defended reasonably well when you consider it was a defence with zero protection. Goal given away was soft the frustrating part for Ten Hag but any least the games only goal didn't come from a big individual error tonight

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Someone give Dr Rangnick a call, because a quadruple double heart bypass is needed tonight.

Garbage. It’s not hyperbolic or reactionary any more. When the opposition win almost every duel up and down the pitch it’s purely down to desire and effort. They don’t care, they never have and never will.

Shaw and Maguire should not be the only two who walk off there with any credit.

MiracleInMadrid

It surely won't solve our problems, but if I see Rashford starting the next couple of games I'll have a hard time forgiving ETH.

Solely because of the lack of consequence for not giving anywhere near an acceptable effort. I don't care if the season rely on playing him into form or that the alternatives aren't much better. I don't care. This level of effort is an insult towards the coach, the teammates, the club and the fans.

ClassAct147

Difficult for us supporters to keep on giving a f*CK when our players clearly don't!
Against a bang average Newc side we looked out of our depth again. Shambolic!
Only thing worse was Vars decision allowing Schar to stay on after his butcherous tackle on Fernandez .

Man of the Match

Harry Maguire image Harry Maguire 67% of 236 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 258 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Newcastle win
  • Draw