PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:2 Newcastle United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 15 May 2024

Heinzesight

Some nice moments. Keep it going into the Brighton match please.

Also, when did Beheaddie Howe turn into Steve Bruce? Physically not tactically.

Sara125

Some great football from us! Plus, put a tenner on a Chelsea & United acca with both teams to score in both so I’m a very happy lady tonight :drool:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Games like tonight do give you a bit of optimism for the future, 3 young, talented lads on the scoresheet. Sign a few more good young talents and we might have half a chance in the coming years.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Good game. Decent performance.

Onana was solid. Casemiro was massive today. Amrabat worked his socks off. Kobbie class as usual. Amad was great.

But my word Bruno Fernandes is a fricking colossus. Our team plays so so so much better with him leading it. He is so important - the only way he goes is if HE wants to go. Otherwise you build the team around him.

MrBest

Don’t like the boos. Want ETH gone but don’t boo him while he’s speaking.
Not that I agree with it, it seemed to me the boos was towards the players. Was a really awkward speech but I like the way he pointed at the players, put them on the spot and said they will give everything to win the trophey. Let's see what happens, it won't make up for a dismally season, but it would soften then blow to have something to celebrate.

Great to see Licha back today too, hopefully more mins on Sunday for him and then cup ready. Amad was my motm, but Bruno was brilliant. That assist to Hojlund for the 3rd was class, straight through the Newcastle players legs. Glad to win but the same issues remain, both goals conceded were sloppy. AWB was just pathetic for the first and no one closed hall down, allowed him a tonne of space for the second.

Cpt Negative

One of a handful of games we’ve deserved to win this season but you can’t keep conceding 2 goals a game

joedirt87

Solid performance, high energy. This usually means we crap the bed the following game.

ken11

I'll enjoy a win - but can't wait until the summer where I hope a lot of shit goes down.

Hughie77

Amad been good last 2 games only now Eth puts him in ..ffs Antony not doing it and only now he plays him .. 3pts great way way way to late.. silly dropped points have cost us a comfy 5th spot at least... 8th now rather that than 7th ..

Gordon S

That was awesome. One of our best performances of the season.
Casemiro is doing crazy things out there, captain Chaos. Luckily he did some really good things.
But Bruno Amad and Kobbie together is pure sex.
Happy for Höjlund, he needed it. Too bad Marcus couldn`t score as well

Dannn411

Last 2 games are the most coherent the midfield has looked all season.

JediSith

Surely Amad has to start the cup final. To bench him for Rashford would be a betrayal of not only logic but also the “United way”

Carolina Red

Staff
Had a spell after Newcastle equalized where we looked, moved, and played like a real football team. It was nice to see it actually happen.

siw2007

Entertaining game, probably should have finished as a draw but there were some very good performances from our lads, including Amad, Bruno and Mainoo. Still giving the ball away far too much and conceding too many chances. Not sure how we got away with Amrabat’s challenge in the penalty area.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Funny game that… normally I’d be tearing my hair out about some of the play and just focussing about the mistakes but I think I’d got into a mental headspace of “seasons done, just watch and enjoy it” and I did.

I don’t know how Antony can be selected ahead of Amad currently, not just the goal but pace, keeps FB honest and general involvement in play.

Amrabat again showed what his role should be .. sweeping across the front of the back line. Shame might be too late as think he can do a job, even if a squad player.

AWB has to be nowhere near our team/squad… shame only option is Amass but can’t put him in, in a cup final v someone like Bilva. Can we??

Bruno sounded like he was making his expectations of the club out there for all to hear (which I’m ok with)… show me I’m wanted and show me what your plans are.

Garnacho needs to learn when to pass….

Good night

Banana Republic

A perfect result with Chelsea winning as well.
We have an excellent win for the fans, even if it was in a knife edge at times.
No humiliation this time.
We dump Newcastle.
We come away from this with a good slice of pride and we stay in 8th position, to dodge the Conference.

If Newcastle win on Sunday, it doesn’t matter how we do at Brighton.
8th is ours.
If they lose and we win or draw, we finish 7th !
It doesn’t matter what Chelsea do now, we can’t finish above them, because of goal difference.

BorisManUtd

Only got home for 2nd half and started watching from around 55th minute but like what I saw. High energy and we looked good though again conceding many chances. Only second win in 2 months which is bad enough but finally a league win vs Newcastle, 1st since Ronaldo's second debut.

George The Best

To me that showed we still have a decent squad here, albeit a little short on quantity, and if used in the right formation. If we have Sancho back, because nobody will meet our asking price, then Antony has to go. Amad and Sancho can rotate for that position. I’d even be tempted to keep Amrabat if FFP prevents us spending lots of money. The spine worries me most. At very least we need a CB, DM, Striker.

wolvored

It was an entertaining match. We were slightly better first half than second. They seemed to have more of the ball. All three goals were good. We are over reliant on Bruno though. All creativity is through him.

The Irish Connection

Lovely to see three youngsters score and the under 18s showing off their treble at half time.
Glad to see Martinez back and Bruno was class.
Not sure ab the ten Hag speech at the end though, heh.

AndyMUFC

Toon fans no?
I was there and confirm it was some Newcastle fans. God knows why they were still there like, weirdos :lol:

Nice to finish on a win, typical basketball like game that we've had season but we were on the right end of it last time.

Scanny

Good game. Decent performance.

Onana was solid. Casemiro was massive today. Amrabat worked his socks off. Kobbie class as usual. Amad was great.

But my word Bruno Fernandes is a fricking colossus. Our team plays so so so much better with him leading it. He is so important - the only way he goes is if HE wants to go. Otherwise you build the team around him.
I will never understand how some would like to see Bruno leave.

CallyRed

I was there and confirm it was some Newcastle fans. God knows why they were still there like, weirdos :lol:

Nice to finish on a win, typical basketball like game that we've had season but we were on the right end of it last time.
Come on now, you'd do the same if you lived in Newcastle.

stu_1992

Entertaining game today that I can feel good about since we actually had a positive result.

Amad seems to be taking his chance and impressing so that's great. Fernandes had a very good game. Amrabat also. It's probably a case of too little too late for him, but wish he had played more like this earlier in the season and/or actually got chances.

Hojlund getting a goal could be massive for his confidence going into the final.

Nice to see a few injured players back too.

Robertd0803

Get in there.

Feels like ages since saying that. Some really great stuff seeing the younger lads having a good game tonight and scoring some great goals and Bruno was immense.

But yeah another chaotic game but not a surprise.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Thought that was by and large a good performance. Bruno outstanding, defense relatively solid (Onana good) and Amad and Mainoo both pretty decent. Garnacho had a pretty off match, but I think this Newcastle team is ordinary and I think they looked ordinary.

I cannot believe Guimares was allowed to push McTominay into Casemiro and causing a hugely dangerous situation and no reaction from the ref, nor any attempt from our players to wipe the floor with him. Such a cnut that player.

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 54% of 201 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 187 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Newcastle win
  • Draw