FA W FA Cup 4th Round

Newport County 2:4 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 28 January 2024

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Garnacho looks dangerous when he attacks at speed. So I don't quite agree with you on that.
But I do regarding Antony.
It is always the same thing. Never goes down the line and crosses for Hojland to attack.
He always cuts inside onto his favoured left foot. Or pases back.
Garnacho looks dangerous but it rarely turns into anything. When it does it is almost by accident. He is better than Antony and that's not saying much.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
First off credit to Newport for giving us a serious game, I know it's cliche but anything can happen in these one on one cup games.

That said, what concerns me is that the same problems that plagued us throughout the season are resurfacing time and time again... against league 2 midtable opposition no less... we got through by player quality alone and that's not good enough.
It does seem to be that player quality is allowing us to beat teams with less skilled players.
The issue is that their tactics are generally better than ours, which allows a much cheaper squad to go toe to toe with us and even beat us in many instances.
The manager is responsible for our poor tactics.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Utter nonsense :lol:
We must be watching different players. He is only 19 so I have much hope for him. Right now, though, there are only two dimensions to his game. 1) Dribble until he loses the ball or make a lousy pass. 2) Dribble until he is stopped and pass the ball backwards. It's very rare when he makes a penetrating pass, it's very rare when he makes a great cross, and it's pretty rare when he scores. He absolutely can't pass when he is dribbling at speed. He's young and there is still hope.

If Amad gets some playing time, I would make a large bet that he will look better and be more productive than Garnacho.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
We must be watching different players. He is only 19 so I have much hope for him. Right now, though, there are only two dimensions to his game. 1) Dribble until he loses the ball or make a lousy pass. 2) Dribble until he is stopped and pass the ball backwards. It's very rare when he makes a penetrating pass, it's very rare when he makes a great cross, and it's pretty rare when he scores. He absolutely can't pass when he is dribbling at speed. He's young and there is still hope.

If Amad gets some playing time, I would make a large bet that he will look better and be more productive than Garnacho.
Rewatch our fourth goal.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Garnacho definitely has a better end product than you're giving him credit for. A couple of examples that instantly spring to mind is that cross for Mctominay's second vs Chelsea and that cross in the last minute vs Spurs that Mctominay should've buried.

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 165 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Newport County win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 29% Newport County 0:3 Man Utd
  • 18% Newport County 0:2 Man Utd