LC W League Cup Third Round

Northampton 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 21 September 2016

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
How many times has Rooney been 'Lowest Rated Player' in the last couple of years?

The only distinction he can win now.

Lucifer Rising

Rooney needs to be benched now, the only reason he plays is cos that idiot Moyes gave him 300k a week deal. SAF was lining up to get rid of him 4 yrs ago, and by rights he should be warming the bench at Sunderland or Celtic. The only reason Mou hasn't dropped him yet was for fear of losing half the dressing room and the fan boys. But now the time has come to drop him and then ship him out next season.

Eriku

Crisis averted, we'll walk the league.

All joking aside, why the feck have we not made room for Carrick? The only CM who is able to structure our play.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I know you're often told to 'give your head a wobble' or to 'put your tinfoil hat back on' if you suggest there being some contractual obligation that Rooney must play, but come on. How is he playing the full 90 whilst putting in shifts like that? He was hilariously bad, but the team keeps shuffling around him as each sub is made, and he stays on. It's madness. It cannot be justified. Both LvG and now Mourinho have hooked and benched players for much, much less. He is invincible.

Anyway, the match. We won. Cool.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Carrick needs to start in the PL to calm us the feck down. Rooney horrible again, I mean who could we even sell him to?
Carrick/Herrera/Pogba is the midfield I want to see at the weekend.

We'd be hard pressed to give Rooney away at the moment.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Depay looks finished and washed up? Can u believe he was regarded as the next ronaldo? I knew we should of gone for de bryne instead!
Well it's devastating to realise you're not in charge of transfers then :(

FergieYouBeauty

The scoreline flatters us, we were piss poor and to add to the embarrassment, we had to throw god n rashford on

The players just aren't interested, even ibra wasn't overly enthused but at 82 mins he was closing the keeper down and pointing for someone to come up down the left to close keepers options down and all our knackered elite athletes are twiddling their thumbs at halfway line.

our laundry women should have put Northampton away

Oneunited26

Rashford, Carrick and Herrera are class.

Rooney's shitshow continues.
What did we learn? we do have creativity, we just need the balance and not play with 10 players, if Jose wants to go into games with 10 men, keep playing rooney, but there is no question we know who the cream of the crop that should be starting, and it aint wayne rooney and fellaini

DDG
Valencia, Blind, Bailly, shaw
carrick
pogba, herrera
Mkh, zlaten, rashford

Christ sake give Pogba the keys around him who can create and score, rooney and fellaini are doing more harm in our system when none of the 2 add anything technical, or know how to play the no6 and no10 positions, 2 vital keys in the machine

The scoreline flatters us, we were piss poor and to add to the embarrassment, we had to throw god n rashford on

The players just aren't interested, even ibra wasn't overly enthused but at 82 mins he was closing the keeper down and pointing for someone to come up down the left to close keepers options down and all our knackered elite athletes are twiddling their thumbs at halfway line.

our laundry women should have put Northampton away
It does when we keep playing with 10 men

ReDDHDevilS

We saw how vital Carrick is to this team especially early in the game. But I hope we don't start him against Leicester after having played full 90 minutes today. His body won't allow and if he gets exposed people will again turn on him which he doesn't deserve.

Rooney played another full game which is worrying really!

Happy that Carrick, Herrera and Rashford scored. Would have loved if Martial played and got a goal or two.

We let them grow into the game through some poor play. Anyway, any win is a big welcome at this moment in time regardless of the opposition.

Reddevildans

Relieved that we've ended the run of losses more than anything. Performance was OK in patches but as is so often the case we don't want to push for more goals. It's been the case for years now where we want to play efficently and conserve energy at the cost of scoring more goals.

Still seeing fundamental lacks of concentration and poor final product from wide. My god were shite at delivering good corners and crosses despite having various opportunities and space down on the flanks. No matter who plays wide the final product is so often poor. I'm not going to say much about rooney other than he needs to be dropped.

Just a quick mention on the refereeing performance's against us in the past 4 games. They've been shocking. I'm not quick to blame referees but there's seriously been a string of errors against us these past 4 games. There should have been 2 red cards today and that's even before we scored the second goal. The performances of the team have been poor but the refereeing has been against us too.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Carrick has to start in games like these, but I'm still afraid to play him on the EPL.

Herrera is much better when playing higher up the pitch.

Just abandon this ridiculous 2 man midfield and move to 4-3-3.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Carrick needs to start.

Rooney needs to, well. you all know.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I couldn't rate Rooney a 0? how is that possible, I have to give him a 1?

What kind of system is this where we have to give more credit than is due.

Oneunited26

Relieved that we've ended the run of losses more than anything. Performance was OK in patches but as is so often the case we don't want to push for more goals. It's been the case for years now where we want to play efficently and conserve energy at the cost of scoring more goals.

Still seeing fundamental lacks of concentration and poor final product from wide. My god were shite at delivering good corners and crosses despite having various opportunities and space down on the flanks. No matter who plays wide the final product is so often poor. I'm not going to say much about rooney other than he needs to be dropped.

Just a quick mention on the refereeing performance's against us in the past 4 games. They've been shocking. I'm not quick to blame referees but there's seriously been a string of errors against us these past 4 games. There should have been 2 red cards today and that's even before we scored the second goal. The performances of the team have been poor but the refereeing has been against us too.
All season long we have been playing with 10 men, hopefully Jose knows guys like carrick, herrera and rashford are vital who all 3 know how to play the positions the managers asked from them, hell herrera and rashford done what fellaini and rooney don't do, create and score goals

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Result was the most important thing. We still looked a bit clueless in attack, and Rooney was poor again.

Devil77

Why did we sub on Fellaini? I am beginning to lose interest in our games again. Why do we have to put up with this crap? And is it so f..ing difficult to get us to play with some intent???

Ban

Why did we sub on Fellaini? I am beginning to lose interest in our games again. Why do we have to put up with this crap? And is it so f..ing difficult to get us to play with some intent???
Calm down. Nothing to see there.

AndyMUFC

Job done. Were never particularly great but were very comfortable apart from the shaky last 15 minutes of the first half.

An important win all things considered.

Drz

It was all in all just a comfortable game apart from a bit of pressure from Northampton at certain points of the game.

Rooney, Rojo and Fosu Mensah were poor.
I thought Rojo was alright. Not always on cue going forward, but defensively he was always on his marker. Something Fosu Mensah didn't do. Actually, it kind of highlighted what Shaw did wrong in his last outing. He was never as consistently tight on his marker as Rojo was today.

GloryHunter07

Pretty much standard comments from Carrick
- manager knows what i can do
- dont need to proce myself
- people overreacting to me not playing
- win on the weekend matters more than me playing

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I hope michael rashford becomes half the player Marcus is

Man of the Match

Ander Herrera image Ander Herrera 49% of 695 votes

Runners-up