LC W League Cup Third Round

Northampton 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 21 September 2016

marlowe78

I think people are being harsh on TFM. He has been injured and hasn't played in quite a while. He made a couple of mistakes but he needs to be given some time to improve.

Rojo, on the other hand... :lol: Do we think he can handle conference-level opponents?

Blind also needs to wake up.

Rooney, the touch of a sledgehammer. Awful.

On the positive side, I loved Herrera's attitude, wanting to make things happen in a crap tie. Schneiderlin was also pretty good as well.

Drz

I think people are being harsh on TFM. He has been injured and hasn't played in quite a while. He made a couple of mistakes but he needs to be given some time to improve.

Rojo, on the other hand... :lol: Do we think he can handle conference-level opponents?

Blind also needs to wake up.

Rooney, the touch of a sledgehammer. Awful.

On the positive side, I loved Herrera's attitude, wanting to make things happen in a crap tie. Schneiderlin was also pretty good as well.
Maybe I missed something, but I didn't find Rojo lacking defensively. His forward forays could use work though.
Herrera is a gem and his attitude towards his situation is nothing short of examplary.
Some of Schnederlin's passing was off, but I felt he won most of his 50-50s, and an important one that lead to the build-up of the second goal.
Overall our midfield did their job to good effect, particularly when you consider that the opposition did not hesitate to run into us.

Last edited:

Jaxdan

Rooney doesn't have the pace to do that at all, he wouldn't have even tried

To be fair, not many do. But I remember thinking the same thing. That said, I re-watched the match yesterday without the stress, and besides his obvious scruff on the shot Rooney wasn't as glaringly awful as some on here say. He wasn't good, and yes it was a 3rd tier club, I get it, but not as atrocious as some say. I also get it that such a standard is unacceptable for United, and yes he should sit for now, but some of the overblown stuff about him is ridiculous IMO.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Maybe I missed something, but I didn't find Rojo lacking defensively. His forward forays could use work though.
Herrera is a gem and his attitude towards his situation is nothing short of examplary.
Some of Schnederlin's passing was off, but I felt he won most of his 50-50s, and an important one that lead to the build-up of the second goal.
Overall our midfield did their job to good effect, particularly when you consider that the opposition did not hesitate to run into us.
The header in the goal we conceded? His general ability to lose every duel he goes in for?

Drz

The header in the goal we conceded? His general ability to lose every duel he goes in for?
Ohh yes, I remember wondering who that was that headed the ball back across our own goal. Then yes, I agree that was poor indeed. Since Mourinho complained about how much space our wingbacks afford the opposition marker, I was paying attention to that, and he did stick to his marker. Guess I've got an excuse to watch the game again (less painful after a positive result).
But seriously, since SAF left, I feel our game is littered with some really ridiculous mistakes that eventually lead to our downfall.
Cheers for the heads-up!

Man of the Match

Ander Herrera image Ander Herrera 49% of 695 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 507 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Northampton win