PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:0 Nottingham Forest

Post-match discussion

Tue, 27 December 2022

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Evra just in full on fan mode to ETH - "I want us to score more goals"... "We need a striker" :D

Bondi77

Casemiro and Rashford were brilliant.

Varane and Shaw were flawless at the back, although Forest didn't really make it hard for them.
I wouldn’t say flawless
Centre backs have to take main responsibility when defending set pieces and they were nowhere to be seen when VAR saved us in the first half.

Dan_F

Evra just in full on fan mode to ETH - "I want us to score more goals"... "We need a striker" :D
Plus he couldn’t wait to talk so asked a question before ETH even had a chance to fully answer the previous one.

These on pitch interviews are a bit strange, but you definitely hear different questions and answers than you would from a usual interviewer.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
After all these years it’s nice to see watch a United side again that are actually quite good and very enjoyable to watch. Varane, Casemiro and Eriksen make a big difference obviously and the whole squad seem to believe & trust the coach’s tactics.
Rashford was top drawer again, Shaw was very composed as CB, but Casemiro was MoM. Varane, Eriksen, and Malacia also very good. Casemiro & Varane’s attitude & mentality make such a difference, leaders on the pitch both of them.

tjb

We really hampered ourselves with Ronaldo earlier in the season. I honestly believe there were games that could have been like this, but our inability to press at all ensured that most games with him were dog fights.

I honestly believe we have enough quality within the side to be where Arsenal are at the moment. But in order to be at the level of City, we have to do a few things.

1) Buy better depth - One of the reasons we had to use Ronaldo as much as we did was the lack of depth at centre forward. In midfield, the drop off between Casemiro and Eriksen to Fred and Mctominay is mindboggling. It's bad enough to the point that it stops us from being able to play with the style that we would like to play. This is a problem neither City or Liverpool have faced in the last few seasons. Injuries happen, so being prepared for them is important. In the summer, signing a midfielder who with the technical ability and positioning to play alongside or replace Casemiro temporarily is important imo. Martial is also injury prone and can be inconsistent, a rotation piece with similar quality would really bolster our attack. I do think AWB and Malacia are legible back up options at full back. Shaw just also proved that we have enough depth at CB today as well.

2) Youth development - Unless a truly quality player becomes available, I don't think we need to invest much in attack outside the no.9 Developing Garnacho, Amad, Sancho and Antony should give us so much quality moving forward. Having these amount of options will provide us with a lot of room to develop these players. Sancho is currently out, yet we aren't feeling the impact because we have legible replacements. He has the room to get himself right and potentially develop his game behind closed doors without media pressure. I think taking time to commit to this will bode well for us as a team moving forward. These players are clearly talented and ensuring they can eventually deliver consistently could provide us with Martinelli's and Odegaards.

Bondi77

I would be happy if we were clinical in our finishing, not really fussed about being more clinical :eek:

siw2007

Though we could have been more clinical, it was comfortable and a routine win for the team. Rashford and Casemiro were outstanding, Varane and Shaw were very good too, wasn’t really a bad performance out there though I think we lost our concentration at times, fortunately we weren’t punished tonight.

MiracleInMadrid

Routine win. We did what we has to do and not too much more.

I’m fine with it. It has been a fine few games to get up to speed after the world cup. ETH must have a good feeling about where the players are now.

If we can add some attacking gunpowder to this squad, and get the last few regulars back without issues, I am very confident about the rest of the season. Only thing that can ruin it is the amount of games and our lack of depth.

saivet

Plus he couldn’t wait to talk so asked a question before ETH even had a chance to fully answer the previous one.

These on pitch interviews are a bit strange, but you definitely hear different questions and answers than you would from a usual interviewer.
Yeah the questions took me by surprise a bit. Nothing crazy but the presenter asking him about Gakpo and Evra telling him we need a striker then saying in another question how it was looking like AWB would be sold was just a bit different

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
That Jesse lad looks a real talent. I wonder how much is his buyout clause?

tjb

He's hardly played for 2 months ffs

Give him a chance.
Our fans are wild.

His moves weren't just coming off today. Its clear the quality is there and he is quite an active player.

He can be quite a dangerous player on the counter as well, that much was obvious today. He needs time to decide how he's going to apply his game in the league. He doesn't have as much room to operate as he did in the Eredivisie, it is a little bit of an adjustment. I know he'll come good just on the basis of him having intensity in his game. Knowing when and how to use it in order to create space is simply what he needs to learn.

Dan_F

Yeah the questions took me by surprise a bit. Nothing crazy but the presenter asking him about Gakpo and Evra telling him we need a striker then saying in another question how it was looking like AWB would be sold was just a bit different
The usual interviewers tend to tee up leading questions for players/managers to give their generic answers. Feels like most of the time they have been given a script for the questions by the club. Someone like Patrice has probably not been university trained in journalism (apologies if he has), and probably gives less of a shit about being told off by his employer. I like it.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Most pleased with AWB performance, of course Casemiro and Rashford were amazing, but great to see the improvement in AWB. Love how EtH is starting to get more out of certain players.

Sancho and Antony next…

Okey

The heady heights of +3 GD! That's the kind of game you win by at least 5 with a proper centre forward.

wolvored

Thought we would have got 4/5 with the start we had, then we had a raggy arse rovers moment. Casemiro was easily the best player, with mentions to Shaw and Rashford as well. Antony was a disappointment, (Martial was as well despite the goal). but hes new to the league and team, and with the WC disruption on Premier football, he needs a free pass for a few games. It does show if we had a clinical striker we would easily put away more chances that we create.

cyberman

I’ve never really understood why so many of our own fans basically wrote us off for top 4.
We’re only 15 odd games in. It’s honestly ridiculous, too many of us like making these grand statements and just wait for it to happen.
If Liverpool played like that tonight a lot of our fans would be shitting themselves

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Maguire's confidence must be in the gutter
We just don't need him. And I don't know why he has to keep grabbing the armband. We're beginning to become a fortress again at OT and I like it.

Can't wait till we move into that 4th spot. Perfect springboard for season pt. II.

Man of the Match

Casemiro image Casemiro 76% of 319 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 288 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Nottingham Forest win
  • Draw