PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:0 Nottingham Forest

Post-match discussion

Tue, 27 December 2022

Red Star One

We were great and it feels great we steamroll weaker teams. Most enjoyable bunch of players since a long while. Happy days and I’m really excited for the rest of the season, even if I think our squad is just too thin at the moment and the competition for top4 as strong as ever.

VivaRonaldo85

The kind of comfortable home win against a relegation contender I can’t remember in a good while. These used to be bread and butter under Fergie. Feels good!

Duckmanquack

Holy hell Casemiro what a player. The pass for the goal and the final pass where he calmly just smacked it along the grass was insane. Bruno with some brilliant play. Rashford with a great finish. Martial a little off in his finishing even though he scored.

Whole team looked good apart from anthony today.

We dominated completely for 90min and should have had 4+ goals. Perfect start for the second half of the season.

Really excited for wolves now!

MrSingh2002

Really?! He wasn’t bad, seemed to lack a little confidence (understandable) but we definitely had players out there tonight who were better. No way he was MotM.
Considering what he's been through the past 6 months, the past 2 performances have been exceptional. Contributing to two clean sheets and getting an asisst.

If you believed what the posters on here say you'd think he can't pass, tackle or run.

If Ten Hag has made a ruthless decision to sell him and bring in a right back that is more comfortable in midfield areas that's one thing. But the vitriol against him on this forum is laughable.

Not enough critical thinking and reading junk tabloid or media views leads to fans writing players off. Then if the player plays well they credit the manager as if the player never had any skill in the first place.

I don't actually see the urgency in selling him. We have one fullback who is a better attacker and one that is a better defender. Don't see the rush to have two similar players at right back but that's up to Ten Hag and now our squad looks better the marginal gains will be smaller and smaller.

In Ten Hag we trust but it doesn't mean we should hurl abuse at players. Rant over.

TheReligion

Abusive
Maguire's confidence must be in the gutter
You do know that he didn’t start because he’s been unwell with the same virus Lindelof and Mctominay both have. This meant he hadn’t trained?

He didn’t get dropped ahead of Shaw as such. He wasn’t considered fit enough to start.

Todd

Good result but we didn't look all that impressive. Too sloppy in squandering several chances.

Nevertheless these are the type of results needed to start repairing the goal differential just in case.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Considering what he's been through the past 6 months, the past 2 performances have been exceptional. Contributing to two clean sheets and getting an asisst.

If you believed what the posters on here say you'd think he can't pass, tackle or run.

If Ten Hag has made a ruthless decision to sell him and bring in a right back that is more comfortable in midfield areas that's one thing. But the vitriol against him on this forum is laughable.

Not enough critical thinking and reading junk tabloid or media views leads to fans writing players off. Then if the player plays well they credit the manager as if the player never had any skill in the first place.

I don't actually see the urgency in selling him. We have one fullback who is a better attacker and one that is a better defender. Don't see the rush to have two similar players at right back but that's up to Ten Hag and now our squad looks better the marginal gains will be smaller and smaller.

In Ten Hag we trust but it doesn't mean we should hurl abuse at players. Rant over.
Well said. I love this post. I’d agree with every word in fact. I’m a big fan of AWB and I’ll be disappointed if he does leave - especially at a big loss. He’s young enough to work on his weaker areas under a good coaching set up like we have currently and push his performances even higher. Still not motm tonight though. :D

MrSingh2002

Well said. I love this post. I’d agree with every word in fact. I’m a big fan of AWB and I’ll be disappointed if he does leave - especially at a big loss. He’s young enough to work on his weaker areas under a good coaching set up like we have currently and push his performances even higher. Still not motm tonight though. :D
Yeh probably not but I voted for him to show the kid some love.

Who's to say he can't improve in the attacking phases with good coaching as you said. Or that he is one of the reasons that Dalot is doing better defensively too.

They can both make each other better and bring the best out of each other with competition. Another reason I don't want rid is that we haven't been linked with anyone considerably better either. Dumfries isn't much better and Frimpong isn't likely to come in January either.

Hopefully AWB has a good 2nd half to the season and all parties can make a decision in the summer.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Very tidy 2-0 win
I don't recognize the third goal because I don't like Fred

RuudTom83

United are a proper team these days. Good performances throughout the match.

Enjoyed an easy watch tonight!

galwayfa

Nice for the win, but we needed that bit of nastiness that Casimero and Martinez bring to the team, we wont win the league with this team but are closer than most of last 10 years

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
Give him a year to settle in.
as usual RedCafe write a bloke off after half a season. last year the majority wanted to get rid of rashford, Martinez was too small, casemiro too fat and slow. Gordon Bennett. Even VdB showed a few touches tonight ! dunno whether that was because Forest were so poor...probably

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He has literally played 8 (EIGHT) games mate.
I agree with you, some of the stuff about Antony tonight has been outrageous. His touch was off tonight but he worked hard, was dangerous on counter attack and made a real contribution to the second goal with a smart unselfish run.

Wilt

As expected a comfortable win. Though not getting carried away given the opposition.

Confidence is key with much tougher games to come. A good start following the WC break.

The Irish Connection

Great to get the solid win after the break. Delighted to see Rashford on form again.
Varane, Shaw and Casemiro were class too.
We need a centre forward but can’t see it happening with the glazers still hanging around.
Hope the sale is sorted asap.

Shimo

Am so glad we got that 3rd - performance warranted it at the very least. Yes, Forest were not good but, lost count how many times against relegation or newly promoted teams in the last few years we've been no where as dominant as we should be consistently. Seems that we are on track to do at least that consistently. That is a key to being able to challenge for the title.

Need to back it up with a win against Wolves now and keep moving the GD needle upwards.

StiffTackle

Well played, AWB. Looked very good again tonight.
Do you think he looked good in comparison to other right backs like Reece James or Trent Alexander Arnold? Or do you just mean compared to some of his own performances in recent times?

Marcus

Do you think he looked good in comparison to other right backs like Reece James or Trent Alexander Arnold? Or do you just mean compared to some of his own performances in recent times?
He weaknesses are in the area of supporting the attack and getting caught out of position. His tackling back and 1vs1 is his strength. Seemed to have had an overall good game. James is excellent. TAA is a defensive liability. So hard to compare I would imagine.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Overall we are looking more and more dangerous on the attack and soon we good be devastating. Right now we just have too many loose passes to put things together really nicely. On the right path though.

- What's wrong with Antony? It's like he doesn't know what to do with the ball especially when dribbling into space. I thought he would come back from the WC with even more confidence because he looked good at the WC. Very puzzling.

- Malacia could become a very special player as he has pace, a nice touch, and good insight. I'm hoping he turns the corner soon.

- Rashford looks on a mission and I hope it continues throughout the season.

Good win and we are building some momentum.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
I think he had a good game generally speaking - strong defensively and did well when he got forward. Think it was particularly impressive given how difficult he has had it the last several months.

Man of the Match

Casemiro image Casemiro 76% of 319 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 288 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Nottingham Forest win
  • Draw