PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:0 Nottingham Forest

Post-match discussion

Tue, 27 December 2022

Someone

Something
Good performance and result, but I'm a bit frustrated that we didn't score more. It's those games that other clubs manage to improve their goal difference, and also if you stop at 2-0 for most of the game you risk a very nervy end. We're not clinical enough.

Rustyspider13

Easy win. Casemiro keeps being a beast, Rashford continues his form, AWB good, Shaw comfortable. Some dodgy individual performances but players can be rusty after a break. Good to see EtH use the entire squad, we'll need our bench players to step up as the season ramps up.

caid

We did well. Never got out of 2nd gear but it was more than enough.
Forest are a strange team. Few players throwing aimless punts forward every time they touch the ball, others trying to play one two's on the edge of their box. No discernable midfield and an attack that i dont remember completing a pass from one to the other (i'm sure they did and im exaggerating). No obvious style or purpose to their team and the performance was just riddled with bad decisions over and over again.

Jev

Forest are really bad but that was some nice-looking football tonight. Rashford, Bruno, Casemiro, Eriksen and Shaw were particularly good.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I thought Shaw was superb tonight. Considering where he was playing he played the role perfectly.
He had a good game and we have seen him do well in a back 3 a few years ago

Still wouldn’t judge him too much from tonight’s game.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Quick double sink Forest who set up to soak up pressure, then we just toyed with them, as we should.

Lot of players looking rusty but we look functional, patterns of play, movement all much better - work in progress and that's good to see.

Stand out is Casemiro, wrap the bloke in cotton wool and build Rio beach on the banks of the canal, just keep him happy. What a player, if we can keep him doing this, 7-8 out of 10 every week, then we have a real chance of competing. Add in a bit more ability in the forward/wide areas and we could be a real force.

Varane, again never the most reliable due to fitness but when fit is a monster at the back, him and Cass could be a bedrock for the next 24-36 months man. Again, get Lizzy back and add another talent in midfield (Enzo?) and we could be a tough nut to crack.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Professional performance. Nice goals. 3 points.
A nice easy night for a change! :D

Rolaholic

Casemiro is different gravy, what a player. He's the best DM in the league.

MOTM performance even though Rashford earned it as well

MonkeysMagic

Good performance and at times played well within ourselves, which is fine against the lower league sides. However, cant help but think that lacking a true goal scorers will hurt us against better opp where onky one or two chances are afforded.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Happy enough. Slightly greedy view that the result wasn't good enough though, I thought Forest were diabolical.

6-0 minimum that.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Thought we weren't that convincing despite the result. Happy with 3 points

It's a shame because I like Forest but my god they're shit. Perfect game to ease us back in but hard to read anything from it.

Ultimate putdown for Maguire. A left back is preferred to you in your own position.

Steve 007

Need to give a round of applause to Varane too, just lost a World Cup final, he’s bounced off Casemeiro and raised his game to his Madrid level. Rashford excellent, Casemeiro on another planet, solid from all our defence. Great game, frustrated that we didn’t score more.

davidmichael

I honestly think we’re a top centre forward and a complimentary partner in midfield for Casemiro away from being a major force in the league, I know it was only Forest BUT a lot of our players looked superb without even getting out of second gear.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
It's a shame because I like Forest but my god they're shit. Perfect game to ease us back in but hard to read anything from it.

Ultimate putdown for Maguire. A left back is preferred to you in your own position.
Maguire has been ill, and only trained yesterday.

krazyrobus

Varane, Shaw and Case were practically flawless. Can't recall a mistake from them, incredible.

Antony was shit

AWB was not bad

2nd time this season we have a positive GD! GET IN!

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
As routine of a win in the Premier league as you'll likely see. Forest outclassed feel somewhat sorry for the forest poster that was posting before the game in match day thread and in the end his views was nothing but blind optimism.
He’s in the forest, the muddy forest.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Frustrating it wasn't a bigger margin if I'm honest. Bruno must be tearing his hair out with some of the poor finishing.

Casemiro though, hubba hubba.

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Easy enough win but should have scored at least six. I thought Antony and Malacia were poor, with too many stupid flicks and poor choices on the ball. Casemiro is such a good footballer - a pleasure to have someone with that level of composure in the middle of the park.

Gordon S

Feels unreal to have a midfielder again that is on the same planet as Keane, Scholes and Carrick.
Varane looks ridiculous at times as well, just constantly worried he will get injured again.
Shaw looked at ease at cb. Oozes class.
Rashford is truly back to his best again. Much needed, he is our only attacking player that looks dangerous now.
Antony looks completely out of confidence for some reason. Maybe feeling the pressure of the pricetag.
Garnacho seems to think to much atm, probably needs some time to digest the success and attention he has enjoyed recently
Elanga is just not the level of talent we need. Effort and pace isn`t enough.

Jadon can not come back soon enough.

TheReligion

Abusive

Nah Maguire was ill and hadn’t trained

Blood Mage

Our finishing is pants, Forest are fecking wank and we should have put six past them. Antony had a poor game.

Man of the Match

Casemiro image Casemiro 76% of 319 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 288 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Nottingham Forest win
  • Draw