LC W League Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg

Nottingham Forest 0:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 25 January 2023

RORY65

A job very well done, the team produced enough moments of quality to win that game and probably put the tie to bed tonight. With how congested our schedule is there's an opportunity now at the weekend and next midweek to rotate a bit to keep everyone fresh enough.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Poor performance for the most part, great result. Pleased for the goalscorers.

redom

Hasn't EtH got a bit of a reputation for not rotating much? will be interesting to see what type of team he fields at the weekend and the second leg of this one, both look like good opportunities to give some well needed rest to the first XI. Great first leg though, at least gives us the opportunity to make that decision.

siw2007

3-0 is a fab result, and bar some disaster in the 2nd leg, sees us to the final. This was far from comfortable, be it tiredness, complacency, saving ourselves or even a bad pitch, it was below par from us tonight. Having said that, I thought Martinez was great and Weghorst had a decent game too. Stunning goal from Rashford, not his best game today but was a constant threat throughout.

abailey123

Sucked the life out of them and controlled it second half. 3-0 pretty much at Wembley barring a miracle and a chance to use the squad over the next week. A good night and a good response from Sunday.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Sloppy first half, but a very professional performance and result overall. Anything can happen in football, but we're pretty much through to the final after a 3-0 win away from home. No injuries or suspensions either, which is good.

abailey123

Hasn't EtH got a bit of a reputation for not rotating much? will be interesting to see what type of team he fields at the weekend and the second leg of this one, both look like good opportunities to give some well needed rest to the first XI. Great first leg though, at least gives us the opportunity to make that decision.
I think he’ll rotate more on the weekend than next week. I can’t see Varane playing until the league restarts, maybe Eriksen, Bruno and Marcus get tests at the weekend

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Happy with the result! 3 nil gives us some breathing space, so hopefully we can rest some of the lads.

Alemar

3-0 is nearly always a good result. The main task (to be in the final) is all but done, we now can allow ourselves to rotate for second leg.

Weghorst off the mark, good goals for Marcus and Bruno, decent performance from Antony, and an important clean sheet for de Gea

AndyMUFC

Wembley awaits barring a complete collapse :lol:

Comfortable win overall bar 20 minutes in the first half before we got the second goal and then the third one just killed it completely. Pleased for Weghorst to get off the mark and should be able to manage the squad effectively in these next two games now.

RedIan

Easy win. Forest are far to open. we Won in 3rd gear. Controlled the game apart from odd Forest flurrys when we were sloppy.
Anthony much more direct tonight. Erikson was back to his best. Casamiro classy.
Martinez a monster.
Good to see Weghorst score he had a good game, very tidy link up player.

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Strangely unimpressed after a 3-0 win. Very sloppy at times and I thought Casemiro had his worst game in a long time. Good to see Pelistri get a run out and happy to see Weghorst get off the mark.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Pretty poor performance at times but very important result for the short term. Allows us more flexibility in our team selections in the next two games and might finally allow us to rest a few key players.

TheReligion

Abusive
Great result away at a tricky place. They haven’t been beaten at the City ground for how long is it? Just ask Chelsea and Liverpool.

For those grumbling about the quality over 90 minutes this is our 4th game in 12 days.

Wheato

Like the good old days when we used to comfortably win without moving out of 2nd gear.

Pearl.Jam

Delighted for Wout, looking forward to a final in what seems like ages..
And to all those pricks ( you know who you are ) that were questioning ETH because we drew to a last minute worldie and narrowly lost to the runaway league leaders I say go fvck yourself, any cup and a top four finish is way more than acceptable to what we even dreamed about before he arrived…all you naysayers should be fvcking ashamed of yourselves

Mike Smalling

That'll do Erik. That'll do.

Job done with some nice performances from a few of the players under scrutiny. Antony and Weghorst in particular. We can now rotate as appropriate over the next two games and hopefully come out strong for the next run of league fixtures.

Josh 76

That'll do Erik. That'll do.

Job done with some nice performances from a few of the players under scrutiny. Antony and Weghorst in particular. We can now rotate as appropriate over the next two games and hopefully come out strong for the next run of league fixtures.
The first team players could have a 10 day rest now.

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
Well done tonight, I think Man United are well on the way to breaking that voodoo of so many years (6 I think) since winning a trophy.

It is weired to have such a gap, I think the last time was between 1977 and 1983. The team changed so much between those years, has it changed so much this time?

Shai-Hulud

Decent performance, good result.

There's no way Forest win by 3+ at OT so we can rest the entire first XI for that game, keeping some on the bench for insurance. Wembley awaits. :drool:

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I'm so glad we didn't have a sloppy 2nd half. This result is good for the schedule as we can rest many for the return leg.

- Some good stuff from Weghurst especially holding up the ball and distributing.
- Bruno pretty poor and I guess he will not start Saturday which is why is wasn't subbed.
- Much better from Antony and AWB.
- We have some exciting young players in Garnacho, Pellistri and Diallo. They all look like future 1st teamers.

Malacia played midfield a little towards the end and looked comfortable. Hmmmm.

CM

Professional job. We looked a bit iffy for a spell in the first half but came out much better in the second. Nice to put the tie beyond them before the 2nd leg even starts.

Djemba-Djemba

They've been very very good at home for the last few months so even though we weren't at our very best that's actually a very impressive win.

Gives us a chance to rotate in the 2nd leg too which is a great bonus.

I'm sure we'll still get the usual moans but that couldn't have gone much better tonight.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Nottingham Forest 0:1 Man Utd - Rashford (6')

Nottingham Forest 0:2 Man Utd - Weghort (45')

Nottingham Forest 0:3 Man Utd - Bruno (89')
I didn’t understand a word of that commentary apart from the names but it’s already a thousand times better than the dirge we have.

MyBloodIsRed

Clinical, took our chances and snuffed out there danger after some good spells from them.

Now hopefully we can rotate and rest the stars for Reading and then for the second leg. No need to risk Varane, Martinez, Casemiro, Rash. Give Bruno a break.

Let slab head and Ice Man play a bit. Hopefully we'll have Sancho, Dalot and Martial fit for the PL and we'll be back to full strength!

WEMBLEY!!!!!!!

Canuckred64

Third goal is a big plus, we can rest some starters against Reading and in the return tie against Forest.

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 214 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Nottingham Forest win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 32% Nottingham Forest 0:2 Man Utd
  • 18% Nottingham Forest 1:2 Man Utd