LC W League Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg

Manchester United 2:0 Nottingham Forest

Post-match discussion

Wed, 01 February 2023

Withnail

Good win, great to see Sancho and Martial back and looking sharp.

One of the worst refereeing performances I've seen in a while but bring on the Geordies at Wembley :D

Blood Mage

Certainly not a vintage performance but I'll put it down to the tie already being over and the players treating it like a training session. Martinez motm again for me but Bruno was good also.

Glorio

Job done. Referees showing again that they the 'safe' thing to do is not give anything to Man Utd. The decision tonight won't be talked about for five days. It's the easy way out.
Also VAR seems to have made referees lazy. We shouldn't even have been talking about VAR, the pen call was clear as day.

The issue is this "obvious error" rule, as much as I agree with it, means neither the ref nor the VAR rep takes responsibility for brave calls

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Actually admiring EtH. Play your strongest fecking 11. Get some consistency.

Sick of watching constant rotation costing us a shit tonne of games since SAF.

Stability.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I hope it's another 25 years before Forest get a chance to score against us. Everything about this game really pissed me off. The referee and the insufferable commentary. Felt like the latter was trying to guilt trip United for winning the game or something, apart from giving me a splitting headache. And Liverpool would have had at least two penalties awarded in the first half. feck off.
Did you not enjoy anything about it? Not even the winning bit? Or the Wembley bit?

M Bison

Supports
York City
the strength of our bench was great, our squad is starting to look strong!

Think Bruno and Antony are starting to link up really well, and Fred/Casemiro are solid.

wolvored

We were always in control even though Forest had some decent chances. We seemed to be making hard work of it, but when we changed and put Rash Martial and Sancho I said to my family we will score 2 or 3 now. Fred has found his shooting belly :lol:

Telsim

Did you not enjoy anything about it? Not even the winning bit? Or the Wembley bit?
I finished enjoying all that last week. :lol: We were never losing this. But the refereeing really got on my nerves because it's becoming common place now.

Pearl.Jam

Job done, twat the geordies, top 4 and a cup will be fantastic for ETH first season, welcome back Jadon and Casimero is a beast..
@Forest Red hope you guys stay up this season.

Glorio

The quality and calmness of Sancho and Martial's passes in the final third was brilliant. We've missed those

Shiva87

Good result to keep the win rate up. Could have done with a rest to a few players but like Ten Hag would say, Cup Final, eh, eh?

:)

Glorio

Jadon this is what a Ronaldo-less United looks like. It's a happy place!

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I finished enjoying all that last week. :lol: We were never losing this. But the refereeing really got on my nerves because it's becoming common place now.
Did you not enjoy that old feeling of enjoying us being in control? It's been so long!

Elcabron

Truly awful performance from the ref, garnacho was held back constantly with no repurcussions, lots of fouls been waved on, never mind the penos etc. Thank God the game was never really in doubt as I'd have been full on screaming, a truly atrocious performance from the ref.
Don't forget the Fred yellow card.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Easy! Easy! Easy! Gotta fecking win the thing now!

RedIan

We were in 2nd gear first half, a 3-0 lead left the team and the crowd a lacking in tempo and urgency. I still felt we were well in control though if just a bit dull.
second half much better, especially after the 3 forward subs, which gave everyone a buzz. Some lovely football in the last 30 minutes.

kidbob

Quite clear that the front 3 who ended the game should be starting going forward. Difference was huge.

Wout shouldve had a pen (and a goal).
Yeah it should if possible. Wout was good again. Hopefully Martial being fit means we can use him as a weapon from the bench. I'm not amazed by him but he (Wout) is a very decent footballer.

Abraxas

Professional enough. Fairly nondescript performance up until the subs but its probably fairly hard to be sharp in a fixture like this.

drmuji

Is there anything called football prison? Because this ref needs to be sent there to serve a long time for today's performance

Telsim

5-0 over 2 legs but thought Forest were the better side during the 180 minutes
They were amazing, weren't they? So talented, young, beautiful, hardworking, just brilliant, great. Steve Cooper, genius, so good, has hair. Dominated United.

United were so shit. They should be winning these games 20:0 with 100% possession.

Robertd0803

Get in there.

Tie was over after the first leg but important to get the job done. So nice winning without really needing to get out of first gear.

Gordon S

Weghorst has been decent, but man, Martials feet is just on a different planet. And even if Garnacho is a bit of a firecracker Rashford is still comfortably better. Awesome to see Sancho back, was very rusty, but still oozes class and composure on the ball. Love to see these guys link up with Bruno and Casemiro. Class all around. Now just stay fit all you classy feckers!

Natener

Constantly winning second balls is so pleasing. And some of the one touch passing, MY GOD.

Shai-Hulud

I knew we would score a couple once our subs came on. Made my bet come in. :drool: Rash and Martial are so important to our attack.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
That spell of one touch passing between our goals where we were just zipping the ball about the field was excellent. Made me think back to the passing drills we saw when ETH first arrived, and how bad we looked. They are starting to pay off!

Brilliant to see Antos widest smile back on the pitch too.

Erik’s reds are going places.

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 166 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Nottingham Forest win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 36% Man Utd 2:0 Nottingham Forest