CL D Champions League Group B

Manchester United 0:0 PSV Eindhoven

Post-match discussion

Wed, 25 November 2015

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I wouldn't be devastated if we get knocked out. We are Europa league level and we can fight it out with Arsenal.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Well that is 90 minutes of my life I am not getting back.

the hea

fecking pathetic performance in the second half not one of our outfield players should be happy about their second half performance.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Good first half, unlucky not to lead. Then couldn't follow up with a decent second half.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Absolutely pathetic, once again.

We're probably the most boring team in the Champions League.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
So, are we all set for Thursday night football?
We've no fecking chance there either if I'm honest

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Worst second half performance of the season. I'm absolutely fuming at that. Thought we were quite good if profligate first half, and then made a ridiculous sub far too early in the second, for no real reason, and were beyond pathetic after that.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Christ we're dull. Not effective either.

The gap between us and the top teams is absolutely ridiculous.

The fact that we might win the PL should worry the rest of the PL.

HabeasC

Absolutely horrendous. Schneiderlin's passing was so below par and we look like we lack any special players. Even Everton and Spurs look like they have better individuals than we do. We are creating nothing.

bananaman

Pure shite. Martial and Rooney didn't look fit. Schweinsteigers legs were gone after half an hour. A lot of money spent for absolutely piss poor football. Sooner the better van Gaal is gone. He stabilised the team after fergie but he's not gonna bring us forward.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Okay in the first half, but incredibly boring in the second.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Dire.

Fairly sure we're going out. I struggle to see us winning in Germany and CSKA have nothing to play for against PSV.

The manager's subs made the team worse, not the first time that has happened. We played for about half an hour without a midfield.

Some shocking misses today as well, especially from Lingard who is blowing his chances right now. People screwing their noses up at the possibility of re-signing Ronaldo need to think what would happen if Ronnie was on the end of all the chances Lingard has missed recently.

Poor, really poor. We showed nothing today to give us any hope of achieving anything this season. Herrera being out literally hamstrung us.

Brophs

The One and Only
Am I right in saying that if we don't win in Germany and Ajax win at home, we end up in the Europa? fecking hell.

CG1010

Should have substituted BFS (assuming he had to be) with NOBODY. Fellaini was that bad. Never looked like scoring after him coming on.

Schneiderlin turned to shit in the second half too.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Honestly, if LVG cannot get heart and tempo and some imagination then he will not win anything with United. Pathetic.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Absolutely pathetic second half and woeful performance.

settembrini

Well it was an awful performance and really bad result but at least Rooney got another 90 minutes and that's the most important thing.

justboy68

Truly terrible in the second half. Every chance we go out now as well. You'd have to fancy PSV to beat CSKA at home, meaning we're in a position where we have to win away at Wolfsburg. Should never have come down to this.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
How bad was the booing at the end of the game?

I'm actually not opposed to the boos, especially if it gives LVG and the team a kick up the arse.

Tyrion

Nothing happened. Nothing. I can't even be angry, I'm just confused. And sleepy.

If I ever have sleep problems, I'll subscribe to MUTV and watch the games again.

Revan

Assumptionman
Blind brilliant, Smalling and De Gea good. Others from shit to awful, with Fellaini and Memphis the worst. Lingard extremely wasteful when it comes to goals.

I think that we're off UCL. We are incredibly shit and Wolfsburg is probably the best team in the group. Cannot see us winning them, while PSV will likely win against CSKA. It might be even worse though. Imagine PSV just getting a draw in the next match, while we lose in Germany.

Riz

Half time I thought we'd kick on in the second half and win. First 5 minutes or so it looked exactly like that and then I don't even want to describe the rest of the half. Poor passing, no urgency, no workrate, no clue.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Seems to be a total absence of talent when we're on the ball.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Shocking performance. Our attack is a joke but we already new that. With Herrera in the side we create a few chances without him we create nothing.

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
Only saw the last 10 mins but that was bad enough.

Funny how we can be so bad all of a sudden though. Thought our last few games we'd played quite well overall, weird regression tbh. Oh well, boo hoo I suppose.

VanGaalEra

That was so fecking tumescent and poor!

Why did we look so tired? We played Saturday lunchtime and had sufficient time to recover, we literally couldn't move in the last 15-20mins.

I've been so happy for Lingard in the last month or so, but I'm sorry he needs to improve his finishing. You can't miss the guilt edge chances that he's been missing and today's one was the worst. He has to hit the target there, how he's ballooned it over the bar is beyond me.

Fellaini's not very intelligent, is he?

We better pray for a CSKA Moscow win in 2 weeks time because winning at Wolfsburg won't be easy. We could have had a nice relaxed non intense match in two weeks time but we've ballsed it up.

Player Ratings

5.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 480 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • PSV win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 42% Man Utd 2:0 PSV
  • 18% Man Utd 3:0 PSV