CL D Champions League Group B

Manchester United 0:0 PSV Eindhoven

Post-match discussion

Wed, 25 November 2015

Irrational.

In a word: pedestrian.

Their keeper had a couple of routine stops to make, but we were so average attacking-wise, it was unreal. No urgency whatsoever. It was like watching a slug escape from a glass bottle.

We are simply inept at playing against teams that come to defend. Our attackers lack imagination or creativity.

Unbelievably, we can still qualify. Don't count on it though.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
We have to beat Wolfsburg or we are probably out. PSV aren't losing at home to Moscow.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was decent enough for 50 minutes and then everything went to shit. Schneiderlin was woeful. Fellaini looked pub level. Lingard shit. Memphis shit. Martial invisible. Rojo and Darmian meh. Schweinsteiger poor.

De Gea, Smalling and Blind were pretty good, and same with Rooney. Everyone else should be ashamed of how they played out there.

rpitchfo

Where is the will to win? I know a few players who have played professional football and amateur football. The one thing that sets them apart from other players was their absolute desire to win at any cost. LVG has sucked our players dry of their natural competitivness.

Hed Zitin

Deserve to be booed. Embarrassing football, they looked clueless. That was just incredibly bad in the second half. I cannot believe that team can play that badly.

Apart from the keeper and back four the rest can hang their heads in shame.

Another shite sub from LvG.

That second half is right up there with the worst football I've seen us play.

siw2007

One of the worst games I've seen from us this year. First half was okay but second half was shambles, especially after subs which totally took any momentum out of us. Football was terrible and there was no creativity.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I honestly can't think of any good performances, Smalling, De Gea and Blind didn't do much wrong but the rest were really shit.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Getting bored of saying this:
Worst United performance under LvG
if this isn't a knee jerk emotional post I don't know what is!

I was sat in the Arsenal end watching us get absolutely rinsed only a few weeks ago.
This wasn't nearly the worst performance of the season tonight!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Worst 2nd half for a long long time.

We looked absolutely dead and had 0 desire to win. I think our lack of rotation has killed us already and it's only November still. I really do fear when the Christmas period comes!

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Like a 2 litre bottle of coke. Nice and tasty when you first open it but the longer you leave it, the flatter and uninspiring it becomes. Still drinkable and will do a job but let's face it, you don't really like it when it's flat. It's not the same.

Qualification is in our control still... Just.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
The second half performance was an abomination. Really terrible stuff.

We had a couple of chances but we really created nothing, it came from ricochets and mistakes.

It's gonna be a fun season watching parked bus after parked bus take points with ease.

Think we'll still win in Wolfsburg.

Ryan7

Typical Louis. He'll no doubt talk bollocks again in his post match interview/conference. Putting Young to right back when he's been our best attacker and decides to put Mata on with six minutes to go. Clueless.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Awful, just awful. There's no excuse for a performance like that. I often say that the reaction here gets overboard considering our options in attack. But there's no excuse for the team to be completely unable to get the ball into forward areas of the pitch. Rarely have I seen a team at least at this level, constantly bring the ball till the half way line and then simply not know what to do with the ball. That is really really strange. It's as if all our players weer perfect marked in their half and I'm not sure how that's possible.

There'd decent performances, there's gradual progress and then there's this. Unacceptable IMO.

Also, Schneiderlin and Fellaini is a midfield simply not good enough on the ball. A destroyer and a hairy chested tree is no midfield at all. Then to make matters worse Rooney went and played there. Just stick with your best midfielder Schweinsteiger ffs

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
LVG got selection right. But poor misses from Lingard and Martial should have been converted and made this a comfortable 2-0 win. When you play with young inexperienced players like Martial, Lingard and Memphis, you have to be aware it wont always come off.

Schneiderlin was very bad and Schweinsteiger looked very leggy. Rooney did OK but did not have the quality around him to help him dictate the play.

Thoroughly frustrating as PSV were very average and there for the taking.

On an even more depressing note, I think PSV & Wolfsburg is about our level right now, we are way below the elites premier European sides. Lots of work for LVG still to do.

Sir A1ex

The one thing Robbie Savage said all night that wasn't annoyingly stupid or at best obvious: We looked knackered in the last half hour. Have we got fitness problems?

space

First time turning against LVG, horrible horrible performance, pathetic football, slow.
Get rid of Fellaini please, his was so shit today. Schneiderlin can't pass forward to save his life. Lingard can't finish. Rooney typical. It's like all our players other than the defence decided to have an off game.

Mr Smith

There's an attitude problem and an approach problem. The approach problem annoys me, but I'm less concerned about it than I am about the fact that the players didn't seem up for this. I know it seems extreme to talk about this as a must-win game, but if you're going to take the "win your home games" route in the Champions league then all your home games ARE must-win. And none of the players seemed like they appreciated or even understood that.

jem

If we go out at this group stage, is it unreasonable to wonder if we shouldn't sack Van Gaal. After all, his system has hardly been lighting up the EPL either. I know I'm being rash, but this is tumescent stuff.

kps88

Squads too small and the injuries have caught up with us. Schweinsteiger and Morgan looked done for in the second half.

Ivor Ballokov

The first half wasn't awful but that second half was abysmal. We looked knackered, our passing was sloppy and the sooner we get rid of Fellaini the better.

onlyoneunited

The game was already going downhill for us after halftime, but feck me did it seriously plummet as soon as Felleini came on! The was Felleini from the Moyes era, you'd think after not getting game time for a while that he would be seriously chopping at the bit to show the manager that he deserves to start.

Plus points wer Lingard who was very good, which bodes well for the future, and that Rooney actually played decently, especially in the first half.

Blind seriously annoy's me, his first thought is always square or back when he passes.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Never saw such shite in all my born days. LvG should just go and join Trappatoni in the Travellers yard now, both mighty managers in their day but stayed well beyond their sell by date. The game has passed Louis by.

hobbers

Worst 45 minutes of the season after first half against Arsenal.

Schneiderlin went from Scholes(ish) to Savage over the space of half time. What on earth went on there?

Lingard looking like a pub league player any time the ball was at his feet, much more of that and he'll be on his bike to the Championship.

And joy oh joy we got 30 minutes of Rooney-long-ball-to-Fellaini tactics. Hopefully they both feck off to China, would definitely work better there.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Another 0-0 at home to shite. Not even surprised by the result but I am surprised that we have managed to get even more boring. Enough is enough. Win, lose or draw (normally 0-0) get LVG out of the club asap.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Absolutely shite. Only positive for me is that the game against Wolfsburg can't possibly be that dull.
I hope.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Far too many players for whom the game just seems to be passing by instead of imposing themselves on the situation at hand.

Lingard, Memphis, Bastian and Schneiderlin were awful. Martial did little else but lose the ball relentlessly.

Player Ratings

5.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 480 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • PSV win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 42% Man Utd 2:0 PSV
  • 18% Man Utd 3:0 PSV