CL L Champions League Group H

RB Leipzig 3:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 08 December 2020

drunkmonkmeth

Supports
Toronto FC!
Had some shamnolic performances for sure but jad we started off with a regular formation and line up i believe we get a result today.

Ole out forever

RonaldoVII

This one is on Ole picking 8 defensive players in a defensive setup plus some bizarre subs. Complete negativity throughout.

Siorac

We are going absolutely nowhere, by the way. This is Wolfsburg away 2015. That's where we are once again.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Ddg and the rest of the back line can feck off with pogba, I've stuck up for ole time and time again, but I'm done.

Kammy26

Absolute shite for 75mins. Anyone who thinks Ole is getting sacked need their head testing

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Lucky the score wasn't an embarrassment in the ended. Horrible performance in every aspect. Collectively, individually, you name it.

Maybe one day we'll get a forward thinking manager who thinks on the front foot and goes out to control games, rather than being entirely reactive and desperate every game. Its a wonder we are where we are with such non-existant tactics.

Fluctuation0161

Should have fixed the formation in the first half. Shambles. Only made the tactical change at half time. Frustrating.

always_hoping

RB Leipzig did their best to get a late leveler for United. Not tonight, PSG last week but the Istanbul result that proved to be the killer in this group of death for United.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Flattering result for United to be honest. The pen was dodgy and the second goal about as jammy as they come.

Oh well, if Feyenoord go through you can draw us and be subject to the glory of Dick Advocaat's red and white Army.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
You cannot leave yourself needing to score at least 3 goals every week to win. Its that simple.

Litch

Ole gave them the initiative by that line up....

Ranie

This one’s on Ole. Disaster of a formation in the beginning that cost us 2 goals.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
The usual shite from a rookie manager trying to learn the job at our expense, starting with 7 defensive players pinned in your own half against a far inferior squad. This time VAR, luck, or a players individual brilliance couldn't bail him out though.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Another truly horrible performance, but this time we couldn't rescue something from it. Shambolic defending has cost us, like it has threatened to do many times already this season.
Time for Ole to go.

Same old story: we have goals in us, but the defence is terrible. You can't go far in the CL that defence; Europa League is our level. Until we get a couple of world class defenders we will continue to see this.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Scoreline flattered us. Tactically outclassed. 3 defeats in 4 games after the good start to the group, unacceptable. Back to Thursday nights now :(

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
No real surprise.

We spent feck all in the summer and then get drawn against two top 4 teams in Europe.

This is what happens when you buy in cheap options like Cavani and Telles.

dal

I can’t help but laugh.

I support Ole however as I said before kickoff the tactics looked a bit cowardly.

We are at the point now where we should be beating teams without playing a back5.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Not. Good. Enough.
No urgency.

FujiVice

The first 60 minutes was horrendous. 3-2 spared our blushes, but kamazi shite because you are 3 down doesnt make this a credible scoreline.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Once again individual brilliance made the result look tighter than it should be. Ole feck it up big time, we can only go so far with this coach.
The scoreline would suggest a close match, but it wasn't.
We were soundly beaten - got a penalty and a dubious goal that may have been scored with Harry M's hand.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Nothing more banter club than the one player doing the most to rescue us being Paul Pogba...

barely had a sniff otherwise. Ridiculous performance

As a team we’re like one of those fun novelty bags of jellybeans where a 1/3 of them are sick flavoured for some baffling insensible reason.

Krits

That defeat has to go on the coaching team. Didn't think they prepped the team at all, we were headless in the fist 15. Cost us the game. Then individual sloppiness took over. I praised Ole at the start of this competition. But he has to take the blame for this one. Not good enough.

RuudtheRed

Awful result. Just terrible defending all night and well, can't say we didn't deserve that outcome. What on earth was Maguire thinking with the 3rd, it just boggles the mind.

If someone had made a near post run when Pogba crossed it at the end, we would probably have qualified for the knockout stages

The Viper

We haven't moved forward as a team. Going back to Europa again. Getting the CL spot last season wasn't much of an achievement after all. This is an absolute failure for us this season and Ole should rightly get sacked for it.

morbidsaint

Deansgate preaching scientology with Tom Cruise
Imagine going out with a defensive SEVEN and still let in 2 goals the first 15 minutes. You can have all the defenders you want, it wont matter if they are ALL bang average and worse.

We could have beaten this overrated team if we just went out to attack and win it from the start.

kentafuji

Honestly, could except a loss if we actually came out to attack and play from the get go

But starting with those tactics, we deserved. So negative and lacking.

Had a good end to the game, but games are 90mins not 20
Probably beat city at weekend, would just be typical of this team.

Player Ratings

4.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 272 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • RB Leipzig win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% RB Leipzig 1:2 Man Utd
  • 15% RB Leipzig 1:1 Man Utd