CL D Champions League Round of 16 1st Leg

Sevilla 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 21 February 2018

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I thought that was a 6/10 performance. We needed more. 0-0 is a bad result beforehand. The performance didn't merit more, but those results away are a banana skin. Remember Monaco...

Those CL dreams that popped up the moment we signed Sanchez are super unrealistic.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
0-0 really isn't that bad for a European away match. How often did we even play well in Spain under SAF?

Would've preferred an away goal though, obviously.

Roeindo

Any other team will surely score against this Sevilla side, we (our tactics) made them look great.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
If I thought we could actually attack and rip them in two at OT, i’d say good result but I’ve seen little to make me believe this of late. 0-0 means we have to win at OT, never a good score line away with the away goals rule.

In terms of the game. Awful to watch.

Toad

Buzzing, what a great game. End to end stuff. Some amazing performances. We completely dominated, travelling fans should be so happy tonight. Pogba world class AGAIN! Lukaku with sublime hold up play. McTominay like the English Xavi. Just a shame I fell asleep in the first 10 minutes.

Mihai92

Changed the channel to Shaktar-AS Roma. United was unwatchable tonight.

PoTMS

You’d think we might have tried to get a goal. Instead, we’ll concede at OT and collectively shit our pants.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Dont understand why we didnt throw on Rashford or Martial around the 60th minute to try and score. Whats the use of giving them just 10 minutes at the end?

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Shite match, we didn't turn up, decent result. Next....

Habs

Starting to lose interest in our games, I don't know why but it feels worse than LVG/Moyes era even though we are technically doing better. What was our aim in that game? Trying to get a draw? which we only got by luck and the fact that their forwards were awful.

We've got the better players, supposedly the better manager so why cant we just go out there and play proper football. Like actually keep the ball and make more than 2 passes rather than hoofing it up whenever any opposition player gets close. Really cant see where this team is going, we just look like a bunch of random guys picked off the street and asked to go out there and run around.

Barnslig

Standard Mourinho away performance in a European knock out.
I don’t really get the benefit of blatantly try to not score away? We’re statistically more likely to go out now? Both a draw with goals and a loss will drop us out? Had we scored atleast one we’d have a «safety» goal that wouldn’t knock us out..

ash_86

Not sure what the problem is but we don't look good in the 4-3-3. Matic's passing was horrendous to say the least. We were really luck not to concede a goal.

Red1968

Yawning took on another level during this game. Total borefest. The only thing that woke me up is that chance that Rashford had near the end on the feed from Pogba. Had he dared to use his left foot he might have scored, instead he sends it sideways with his right. I didn't get a good luck at the replays but did Lukaku really use his arm on that goalt hat was disallowed? looked like a shoulder?

walkinhop

Not sure what the colossal overreaction in here is for. 0-0 away from home is ok, good chance of going through now.

Most of this forum want Mourinho... we get Mourinho doing what Mourinho does and we all start complaining. Isn’t this literally what we knew we were going to get?
People saying they're bored is an overreaction? Erm...

JoaquinJoaquin

Remember when it used to be a formality that we won games? I don't fancy us to beat anyone these days we are that bad.

Ainu

What is even the point of football with a manager who doesn't want his team to actually play football? Horrendous stuff.

BulgarianDevil91

What the hell did I just watch? Do these guys have balls? Do they have desire and spirit to win? We are a laughing stock. Sure, it's progress, compared to last season, but come on, that was pathetic.

JG3001

Absolutely abysmal, there’s playing defensive and playing to nick it, that was neither. I don’t remember their keeper having to make a save in the second half.

Anyone who says “give it time, it’s the best we can hope for, we used to do this all the time under Fergie”, or just disregards any criticism as moaning, needs to give their head a wobble and admit they are lying about being happy about this situation.

We look as depressed and play as bad as an LVG team, who got rightfully turned out of the club for his tumescent brand of football. Why is Mourinho getting a free pass?

Utdstar01

That was horrendous. Don't get why Mata was in the team either, we had no threat on the break apart from Sanchez who just had no options really.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I wouldnt botter shooting on goal with De Gea in there honestly, no point really.

rpitchfo

Classic Jose...playing percentages...not allowing a game of football to actually be played (and ruining my love of the game!)

Still...could be worse.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Very Mourinho like performance, probably a good result but really rubbish game. both teams had the attacking inventiveness of a cabbage.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Standard Mourinho really. Any decently big away game -> set up defensively and try to grind out a draw. He's just a bit of a coward basically. You see teams like Liverpool and City go and absolutely hammer the opposition away from home, Spurs go away to Juventus and play positively and probably could've won... while United get lucky to get a draw away to Sevilla, barely creating a thing all game.

We aren't a good footballing side. Starts and ends with the tactics. Can individual players do better at times? Sure. But doesn't change that we aren't very organized at the back and look clueless going forward. Can only blame the players so much until you realize it happens every single game and you have to look at the manager and just see that his tactics aren't working.

cyberman

Job done.
Its clear as day that Jose doesn't rate Sevillas away form so I can understand why he didn't risk giving them something to hold on to.
They look slow going forward and ponderous in midfield, I wouldn't worry about their counter attack threat.

Hamadovich86

Shambles. A better opponent would've wrapped up the tie in the first leg. Mourinho is tactically bankrupt and a coward. There is no way you can compare the two squads, ours is vastly superior yet it was Montella who set up to attack. The distance between Lukaku and our creative players was far too large and we had to rely on long balls in the first half. The second half was somehow worse with us not getting anything going at all in the final third.

This is strictly down to the manager and the way he sets up the team. I am slowly but surely turning against Mourinho. I am not optimistic about the next few weeks with some big games coming up and us needing a result to stay 2nd in the league, compete in the FA Cup and attempting to go through the next round in the CL.

Devil may care

30 minutes in I started reading my Tesco bill to stay awake, utter shite, cowardly football against a mediocre side that fortunately for us have no real firepower.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I must admit, that was shit.

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 89% of 702 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 490 ratings.

Score Predictions