CL L Champions League Round of 16 2nd Leg

Manchester United 1:2 Sevilla

Post-match discussion

Tue, 13 March 2018

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
Man Utd 0:1 Sevilla - Ben Yedder (74')

Man Utd 0:2 Sevilla - Ben Yedder (78')

Man Utd 1:2 Sevilla - Lukaku (84')

Smithy_123

While the so called experts were praising Mourinho for a job well done in the first leg, some of us common folk were saying that it was a bad result. Playing with fire were my exact words. Well there you have it, the negativity didn't work. Stoke should play negative football, not Manchester United.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Pathetic! feck off Jose with your cowardly shite tactics.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Possibly the most disgraceful performance of the post-Fergie years.

Dave89

feck it, with the lacklustre, conservative way we've been playing, we were never going to win it this season. Better to go out in this manner and force a post-mortem with some proper introspection about the utter embarrassment we've just seen, rather than have the team patting themselves on the back for making it to the semis and still winning feck all.

ManUArfa

Pogba was on a gentle jog since he came on. With our highest paid players showing either no commitment or constantly giving the ball away, coupled with the tactic of not committing men forward this was all bound to happen.....

DRM

I think the Liverpool game tired us out.

It's a hugely embarrasing defeat but we deserved to lose. Terrible.

PoTMS

Pathetic. Pogba should be sold, he's been a massive failure. Early days for Sanchez, but he looks another one of our miserable big name signings. Ironically, Lukaku actually looks one of our best teams.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Sevilla deserved it.

Shocking over both legs. Embarrassing.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
No shame, expectations were top16 and that’s what United accomplished. However, bit disappointing to get knocked out by Sevilla.

Simply put, had to win at home to advance and we couldn’t get it done. Sevilla rightfully earned it.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Shame. Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, PSG and all the top teams in the world would have beaten this Sevilla side. We should be embarrassed that we only made it to the knockout stage with the amount of money we spend on this squad.

Last edited:

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Coward manager. I called it tactical masterclass against liverpool. This game he got everything wrong.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Got everything we deserved. Played for a 0-0 away and feck knows what we played for tonight. To think we could win a champions league starting players of the technical ability of Smalling and Fellaini, and past it wingers at full back is madness

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
One of the most dispiriting, cowardly, soulless performances I've seen from a Utd team.

Feel sorry for Lukaku and Rashford.

Mourinho completely at fault.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Shocker.

Time to avoid all internet and papers for a week or so.

Don’t even know where to begin to lay blame. I’d say it’s more with the players than the manager.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
That is the worst European performance that I can remember.

Snafu17

Well this is the level we are at. Not a top 8 team in europe. We basically lost against an average spanish side. Just not good enough.

Zoo

He totally fecked the team selection and approach. I’m in shock and I just don’t understand his mentality at times.

Tonight was probably the initial step to his meltdown, I now expect us to be languishing in the bottom half of the table next season with him being sacked by January.

Last edited:

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
People will blame Mourinho for being too negative, but Sanchez was completely invisible the entire game as were Lingard to a lesser extent. Our midfield couldn't manage to move the ball forward and were completely outplayed by their midfield the entire game. Rashford tried to make something happen and Lukaku fought pretty well, but those are about the only slightly positive things. Shameful performance all around.

Cloud7

Absolute masterclass from the best manager in the world over these two legs. He’s earned another 500 million in the summer to try and make this squad his squad.

Flying_Heckfish

Wrong tactics.
Wrong selection.
Wrong attitude.

Terrible performance.

Sevilla were awful in the first half, we should have been well ahead.

markorm

We had four defenders and two deep holding midfielders. What the holy feckinging mcfeck?

I don't slag the bloke off, but sorry, Mourinho lost us this game.

Let's move on.

walkinhop

Some people let it get to them that they are the greatest following the last few games. Here's the result of careless ego running rampant. A mega star's confidence shot, a fluid set of players reigned in. Not too surprising if you've been paying attention.

GeorgieBoy

Massive props to Lukaku tonight! I imagine his performance will go under the radar considering we've just been knocked out with 2 absolutely horrible performances. But he deserves so much credit. Was our best player tonight. Was living off scraps and time and time again he'd get the ball and out-muscle 2 or 3 opponetns before laying off a nice ball out wide. Scored a great goal aswell! My MOTM for United today, really like the guy!

Reactions: SteveJ

dove

Deserved. Our tactical approach for both games was disgraceful.

Hansa

Fully deserved. Over the two legs they were clearly the better team. They just wanted it a lot more, and were prepared to take some risks in order to progress.

RedB4ndiT

The only positive I can think of is that Mou hopefully finally realizes his super rigid system is not a good fit for these players and changes it soon.

The game has evolved and Mou has to keep up with the times.

Player Ratings

4.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 465 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Sevilla win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 41% Man Utd 2:0 Sevilla
  • 15% Man Utd 2:1 Sevilla