PL D FA Premier League

Southampton 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 17 May 2017

AndyJ1985

Another dreadful performance to add to the list. Oh well, one game closer to the one that matters.

Red_Aaron

watching us not even bother to try was bad enough the first time. 4 games later and it's really starting to grate
i'm in Mou's corner but he's played this all wrong imo and expecting us to just perform when the final comes around is optimistic at best

pseudo_canadian

I know the game is meaningless, but when you're a professional footballer making tens if not hundreds of thousands of pounds a week I expect you to at least look like you give a shit out there.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
Romero and Jones played well, 90 boring minutes, slow as feck, terrible in the build-up, 0 fecks given going forward.

Another important draw though.

Canagel

15th draw of the season. Must be a record I think. Romero was a boss tonight, nothing was going past him. MOTM

SalfordRed1960

How are we going to score a goal against Ajax?
Watch the Lyon game and you will see it is quite easy.

As for today, if the game is meaningless and it is just about getting players much needed minutes, why not try something new. We weren't positionally good and had little attacking threat, so what was Jose trying to achieve.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I honestly didn't think that was so bad. Plain as day our attackers need to gel somehow - what do they do in training? In any case, we've had much worse performances this season. I thought we were ok overall and the defence held up ok.

Shout out to Big Serge and Mr Tuanzebe.

King Eric 7

Our players are not really inspired to give their all in these last few league games. Apart from Jones who did well to state his case to start in the final. Romero made a few decent saves.

Kearnkoff69

This year we've recorded the fewest wins in a PL season for us, ever. This was a throwaway game, but it's still disappointing to see such a lack of quality and effort, and urgency, from the players - some of whom could have potentially forced their way into the 18 man squad for the EL final with a good performance.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Confirmation Romero starts the final (from Jones, at least).

M Bison

Supports
York City
Romero and Jones played well, the rest should be ambarassed with yet another poor showing in a league season littered with rubbish performances.

DavidDeSchmikes

15th draw. With tonight's draw we have claimed the 'Draw' trophy, despite a strong effort from Middlesbrough (13 for them)

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Romerooo MotM.

The game was about as meaningful as this here hand rail:

And was played as such.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Obviously the focus has been on the europa league for a while now... But it's still a bit disappointing to see so little happen on the pitch, especially when a few of these if they put in more effort or better performances could play in the final. It is what it is I guess!

OneUnited24

Lyon went out to attack, though. Do you think Mourinho will set us up to do that?
I think Pogba, Herrera and Felliani/carrick will give the team a better platform to attack than the players we've had out there the past few games

Borden

Basically we're the same shite team we've been for the last 4 years.

Can't believe we're still in need of a massive clearout in the summer after spending hundreds of millions of pounds on new players. Wouldn't mind a manager who cared about something other than defending either. Mourinho is really starting to test my patience now.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Can't wait to watch the replay on MUTV at midnight :devil: Sound night's sleep ahead :drool:

rpitchfo

As for today, if the game is meaningless and it is just about getting players much needed minutes, why not try something new. We weren't positionally good and had little attacking threat, so what was Jose trying to achieve.
We are never going to see something new with Jose. People need to get use to that, this is how he sets up. He really needs to find that one special player who will carry the clubs attacking threat.

Man of the Match

Sergio Romero image Sergio Romero 91% of 564 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 339 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Southampton win
  • Draw