PL D FA Premier League

Southampton 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 17 May 2017

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Obviously the focus has been on the europa league for a while now... But it's still a bit disappointing to see so little happen on the pitch, especially when a few of these if they put in more effort or better performances could play in the final. It is what it is I guess!
Strange that some don't realise they might be playing themselves out of the club, nevermind a final.

Kag

Another riveting display of attacking football.

Clean sheet, though. Useless, those lads at the back... Where is Michael Keane when you need him?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Mr softly spoken Sergio. So sweet:)

Gopher Brown

Complete waste of time, completely predictable. We've forgotten how to play with any fluidity. I am concerned about the final.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
On a serious note, Romero has been really good. I keep expecting him to feck up but he's proving me wrong time and again. I'm starting to think we should give him a chance next season as a #1 should De Gea leave. (high probability)

SalfordRed1960

We are never going to see something new with Jose. People need to get use to that, this is how he sets up. He really needs to find that one special player who will carry the clubs attacking threat.
We just bought three very attack minded players. So you would think, we have the players to attack.

Yateley Red

Sweet Jesus, we are the most boring and negative team in the whole division. I despair what successive managers have done to us.

How the hell can we spend so much money season after season and hold onto our hats v the less than mighty Southampton. Jose is scared of his own shadow these days. The apologists will be out in force about it being a meaningless match. It was. So why not try and entertain us for once!!

M4YON

It's clear we went out there to not lose instead of to win which for our travelling support is a huge slap in the face they were fantastic tonight.

Need huge changes this summer in every position I think Mournhio can do it and winning that final will help too.

Irrational.

Jose post-match:

- Hopeful Fellaini hasn't torn a muscle, but he had a "little bad feeling" once he got injured.
- All the players put in a positive performance.
- Joel will play against Palace, the next time we'll see DDG is against LA Galaxy in pre-season.
- All the key players will be "rested totally" on Sunday, and will be a "big day for the kids".
- Doesn't feel the result in the EL final will change anything, the players have done everything they can.

ants7

Only way to justify this performance is that we're currently in safe-mode and just trying to see games through. As long as we don't pick up a new injury, Jose is fine. We're just passing time until the EL final and try to do so with as little effort as possible.

A bit unfair towards the fans, I think. Specially to the ones who travel all the miles. They deserve better.

Only positives - no new injuries (not i've heard of anyway) and a great performance by Sergio.

NJM78

God we are pretty damn ordinary aren't we. That's now 21 goals in the last 19 games, we are struggling more than all season right now just in time for our biggest game in years.

Romero saved us today, like De Gea has 50% of our last few seasons. Says it all really, managers being either crap, nuts and negative and a squad that man for man is not very good. Hopefully this will finally be the summer we sort it out as we need a serious injection of proven quality players and more importantly goal scorers.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Sergio Romero. Will remember him from the game. Phil Jones was also good.

I just can't quite understand the consensus that we have nothing to play for. The players are fighting for a place in the European final. It's not quite clear which will be the starting lineup.

Well, 7 days to the big game.

Godfather

Horrorshow once again. We could at least try and have some fun outmthere now that the PL was over for us. Some attacking football would have been nice. But no. Nothing.

el3mel

Again people is paying too much in a game that's more considered as a pre-season game more than an official one.

It's obvious than there's no tactics nor instructions to a disjointed team. They're just group of players who are either out of form and trying to restore it, some players back from injury and trying to get to form or some finished players as Rooney who are saying farewell to the fans.

The real judgement will be on Wednesday.

beingshe7don

Lol.... Another draw and we were playing Southampton. Our players can't play with mediocre sides and we plan on winning against Ajax in the Europa Final. We've become the laughing stock of Europe. We've got a bunch of players that are pretty much losers. Mourinho clearly can't motivate our players and honestly, I would rather have Bailly start as a striker ahead of Martial. He at the very least gets his shots on target. Simply disappointing and just poor.

AndyMUFC

A damp squib of a game. Romero was class again and I'm pleased he'll get in the final and Jones may have earnt his with a solid performance too. Nothing to write about other than that. We created next to nothing going forward.

One more meaningless game to go, thankfully.

caid

I dont know
On the one hand the way we've approached the last few games could have been smart.
We have no possession but most of our players are holding their position 90% of the time so its not like they're doing much running.
Rashford and Valencia do most of our running but we've given them both a fair rest. Same with lingard
We've kept everyone else ticking over and they should be rested in the final due to less games if nothing else.
We've got some games under the belt for Mata, Smalling, Jones and Rooney all of which needed them
I'm not joking with Rooney either, if we need a goal hes not the worst option to come off the bench
and we did look absolutely knackered tired a week ago so it makes sense. We looked a bit sharper today,
no one ran themselves into the ground except maybe Bailly who you could give a break to now.

But its utterly killed any momentum or form we had.
Trying to do a 180 on that for the final just seems risky

Man of the Match

Sergio Romero image Sergio Romero 91% of 564 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 339 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Southampton win