PL W FA Premier League

Southampton 0:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 23 September 2017

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I think we need to go 4-3-3 while Pogba is out.

Could also give us a chance to feature both Rash and Martial.

Geekie

I think the one player who surprised me today was Miki. He was consistently on point with his running and passing (compared to other matches). On the other hand, Mata and Rashford were underwhelming. And for some reason I feel Lukaku's problem is not his first touch but his second touch.
Our two CBs and Matic were superb, and Young proved that he deserves his place on the left wing there.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Terrible 2nd half, super important 3 points, slow reaction from Jose

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Great result, but we won't always get away with playing like that. Our midfield and attacking play is still far from good enough to challenge for the title.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
We rode our luck this time but we can't play like the second half against teams who will score against us unlike Southampton.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Awful performance. We're going to get slapped silly if we play like this away at city or Chelsea. To spend all this money and then look like a bunch of drunks in the second half is madness.

Great display by the defence though and an excellent result. Southampton are a very good team.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Job done in the end. We did have the opportunity to kill the game during a spell in the first half though, and we were wasteful, picking the wrong option too often.

DevilRed

Great result, but we won't always get away with playing like that. Our midfield and attacking play is still far from good enough to challenge for the title.
But it's exactly the opposite. It's when we play like this and still win that's the point. We weren't able to do this since fergie retired.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
It's a fantastic three points because if Southampton play like that at home against other sides, including those in and around the top 4, they'll take points.

Name Changed

weso26
City will spank us if we play against them like that. Chelsea and even Liverpool too for that matter.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I'll take it, but by god it was abysmal.

MuranoLover

Sometimes your attack wins the match , other times it's the defence , but all that matters is that in the end - it is a win !

Paul_Scholes18

So happy we got the 3 points! Not a good performance, but we need these types of wins. I thought Jones was our best player today. Fellaini did really well too.

minoo-utd

A game by game please, some opinions here are really sad to read, yes it wasn't the best performance but we won ffs, every big team has their ugly wins in them and that what we exactly showed we need to stop moaning and relish the win, what if we gor beating or drew at the last minutes!? Yes we can't keep playing like this but actually most of times we are not. These away games vs teams like Soton is not that easy we have 16pts out of 18 now the confidence is much higher that last couple of seasons.

Member 5225

Usual reaction: would've drew or maybe even lost in previous seasons, but we've won - delighted.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
A game by game please, some opinions here are really sad to read, yes it wasn't the best performance but we won ffs, every big team has their ugly wins in them and that what we exactly showed we need to stop moaning and relish the win, what if we gor beating or drew at the last minutes!? Yes we can't keep playing like this but actually most of times we are not. These away games vs teams like Soton is not that easy we have 16pts out of 18 now the confidence is much higher that last couple of seasons.
This.

fellaini's barber

Jose mentioned in his post match that he felt our attackers were not on their game today and were missing their attacking spark so he decided to protect the single goal instead by going defensive. I think it's pragmatic and sensible despite how we as fans always want attacks.
It was the same in the Everton match before the 85th minute when they gifted us a goal and totally fell apart. We didn't 'go defensive', we didn't have a fecking choice.

Red Star One

Well done Jose? Thought that was cowardly myself.
There are lots of poets in football, but poets, they don't win many titles

Well done Jose - we played a bad game, badly missed one of our most crucial players, yet we got 3 points in a tricky fixture and kept a clean sheet. Every team will have this kind of games in the season - thing is to win them. Happy for today's game.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I think the one player who surprised me today was Miki. He was consistently on point with his running and passing (compared to other matches). On the other hand, Mata and Rashford were underwhelming. And for some reason I feel Lukaku's problem is not his first touch but his second touch.
Our two CBs and Matic were superb, and Young proved that he deserves his place on the left wing there.
wut? he was shocking to the point I'm thinking it was his worst performance for us.

DevilRed

Usual reaction: would've drew or maybe even lost in previous seasons, but we've won - delighted.
It's yet another fixture we have got maximum points in whereas in previous seasons we have dropped points.

We are going from strength to strength. Hopefully everyone stays fit and we get pogba back soon. Maybe even shaw playing his way back into the side.

DevilRed

wut? he was shocking to the point I'm thinking it was his worst performance for us.
Agreed. Gave away the ball cheaply and nothing came off for him attacking wise. Sometimes he is too "soft".

Needs to be more aggressive and incisive when on the counter or in the final third.

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 536 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Southampton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 27% Southampton 0:2 Man Utd
  • 22% Southampton 1:2 Man Utd