g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:0 Southampton

Post-match discussion

Sun, 12 March 2023

Hughes35

I think we should have actually had a pen for the tackle on Fernandes, the trailing foot caught him
Not for me to be honest. I think the only real mistake made by the refs was the handball.

Gfooty

Took me a while to calm down but Case red card cost me 21k :')

Jeffthered

Didn't see any of the game, but I thought this would be a tough, tough match. It's that time of the season... The games in the Europa are actually a welcome break in many ways, but that will also change.

The main thing is to remember how far we have come, and that we do have a limited squad. ETH and his team are working wonders.

We need a few heroes from now through to May...

Mou Mou Land

Didn't see any of the game, but I thought this would be a tough, tough match. It's that time of the season... The games in the Europa are actually a welcome break in many ways, but that will also change.

The main thing is to remember how far we have come, and that we do have a limited squad. ETH and his team are working wonders.

We need a few heroes from now through to May...
I do appreciate how far we have come and the almost miracle that ten Hag has performed, but our one decent midfielder [for some weird reason] cannot stay on the pitch and our striker is 'a very nice and hardworking chap' who cannot score. Looking down the list of what we have left, the 'hero' contingent appears to me to be non existent.

I hope I am proved wrong, but I really do fear for us in the run in.

Bosws87

That handball i'm still fuming, it was blatant from the stands nevermind the replays i've seen and it wasn't even looked at by VAR.

Jeffthered

I do appreciate how far we have come and the almost miracle that ten Hag has performed, but our one decent midfielder [for some weird reason] cannot stay on the pitch and our striker is 'a very nice and hardworking chap' who cannot score. Looking down the list of what we have left, the 'hero' contingent appears to me to be non existent.

I hope I am proved wrong, but I really do fear for us in the run in.
I also have your concerns, and was thinking this before Christmas, because the season tends to reflect the respective strength of squads. I'm just fed up with us having paid huge money for some players, (over the recent years, as well as this season imo..) pay exorbitant wages, ridiculous contracts, and they aren't even that good.

Now we are observing the impact of all this.

darko

Disappointed with Sancho today. He added very little threat again. This is against the weakest team in the league. If he can’t shine against these lot, who will he shine against? Weghorst also just isn’t the clinical finisher we need in that position. Seems to try hard and want him to do well but don’t see it working out past this loan spell.
Sancho made some really good passes plus for 60 mins it was 10v11 weakest team or not that's not easy.

Keanes Magic Hat

Have gone through the remaining fixtures and i reckon both Newcastle and Liverpool will finish on 71 points. So if I'm correct on those predictions Man United will need at least 22 points in remaining fixtures to get top 4 (taking the poor scoring difference into account)

3 Premier league games without Casemiro is troublesome as simply no like for like replacement for him. A number of tough away games to play yet and how much of hindrance will it be to stay in the Europa league? Trying to win on a Sunday against rested team is rarely easy.
Liverpool can only drop 7 pts in remaining 12 games to get to 71, they will likely drop those points in next 3

always_hoping

Liverpool can only drop 7 pts in remaining 12 games to get to 71, they will likely drop those points in next 3
Those are their tough games coming up and they nearly always beat Arsenal in Anfield. Very favourable matches to finish while they'll have full strength squad to choose from now. .

Of course i hope I'm wrong and they don't finish in the top 4, them playing in Europa conference league would be hilarious TBH.

Hughie77

It was a cluster feck from the time the officials were appointed for this game! It's becoming a joke now how that twat can get away with his officiating of games. M Dean was the ref I hated we got feck all with him. The Baton has been passed to Taylor an Marriner.

Member 125288

That handball i'm still fuming, it was blatant from the stands nevermind the replays i've seen and it wasn't even looked at by VAR.
I’m not sure where this narrative that it wasn’t checked has come from, all penalty area incidents like that are checked, the same way all goals are. You just don’t always see the VAR screens (usually you only see them for checks in breaks of play or for offside/fouls on goals when the checks take longer).

The commentators mentioned checks being done and then the checks being complete on the channel I was watching.

Alonzo

I don’t think there’s a team whose season has been more negatively effected by INCORRECT refereeing than United. Can get to 10 points (villa wall, 2 Casemiro red matches, arsenal game last minute concession without Casemiro) without breaking a sweat. Not to mention being without a key midfielder for a third of the season because of a ‘player’ (dopey dipshit thug) who shouldn’t have been on the pitch to make the tackle.

i will be fuming about this season, for the rest of this season. We’ve been so unfairly treated.

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
I don’t think there’s a team whose season has been more negatively effected by INCORRECT refereeing than United. Can get to 10 points (villa wall, 2 Casemiro red matches, arsenal game last minute concession without Casemiro) without breaking a sweat. Not to mention being without a key midfielder for a third of the season because of a ‘player’ (dopey dipshit thug) who shouldn’t have been on the pitch to make the tackle.

i will be fuming about this season, for the rest of this season. We’ve been so unfairly treated.
To be fair you have had some 'odd' decisions go your way, I am particularly thinking about that non-off-side (Rashford) in the derby match, ok he didn't touch it, but he was interfering with play.

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 204 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Southampton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 36% Man Utd 3:0 Southampton
  • 24% Man Utd 2:0 Southampton