PL D FA Premier League

Stoke City 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 21 January 2017

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Knew we wouldn't win. We have to go on a winning run again now. We are in danger of losing touch with the top 4 again.
How so? So far this weekend we've gained 1 point on the top 4 and will gain another point on another. Sure 3 points would have been nicer but to say we're getting further away is wrong.

ken11

I'm just happy Rooney broke the record, got us the equalizer.

Not happy with result. Definitely hope they bounce back against Hull on Feb 1 and bang in bunch.

Roboc7

Jose got his team selection wrong, poor finishing cost us as well but fellaini should never start ahead of carrick unless there is no other option.

Two points dropped but we aren't going to win every game and top four will still be within reach.

DevilRed

Two points dropped. Knew it as soon as Mata missed the open goal. It was inevitable.

Get rid of these players from the Moyes/LVG era. Bit by bit we are beginning to shed them and their horrible mentality. The likes of Mata and Fellaini are never going to be good enough. They might chip in the odd goal here or there but never consistent enough and never turn up when you need them the most.

Im glad we are linked to the likes of Griezmann and we can easily fund that by selling off Mata/Fellaini/Darmian etc.

Delighted that Rooney bailed us out. Great to see him break the record.

If only more of our players showed that kind of quality in front of goal. I honestly think in training all they should do is simulate game scoring opportunities. Thats ALL they need to do. We might actually squeak into the top four with better conversion rate.

Mourinho slightly to blame for picking snail paced Mata and Fellaini. Both completely exposed for the goal we conceded. Both contributed next to nothing. Martial and Rashford should play because its important to their development. Not only that but they just offer more.

waza7111

Some of the worst shooting/finishing you're ever likely to see.

ExoduS

We were really unlucky last two games. We could have won both. :( Well hopefully string of 5-6 wins come again soon! We are playing solid soccer. Obviously we are not killing it out there but we definitely have character and identity. Something we haven't had in awhile. I am frustrated with the result but I can't be really angry at the players. I am little disappointed how Ibra and Miki executed waster some chances but hopefully this all improve soon.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Liverpool lose, City and/or Spurs are going to drop points and rather than seize the oppertunity to make up ground we draw Stoke. And people thought we would challenge for the title.

Can we just start a settled front line for a few games in a row to help develop an understanding between them? The same three players in the same position. And while it worked out today, for the most part throwing on Rooney and Lingard on at the expense of our creative players to chase a goal is not a good idea. The chances dried up in the second half.

hobbers

Given the fixtures I suppose it's nice to gain on Liverpool while City are likely to lose tonight. That or a draw would be terrific.

Alex Styles

We had plenty of chances to win this. Can't blame the manager at all. Players let us down. Zlatan poor today. Pogba = elephant mode

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Turned it off thinking we lost and missed the goal ffs.

Happy for Rooney and a point is better than nothing. Something needs to be done about our finishing though. Some of these players couldn't even score in a brothel.

Gasolin

The players have messed up and they know it. They needed to win today. City and Spurs meet today and they decide to not take advantage.

And what's going on with those opportunities that can't get converted?!?

XdanielredX

Congrats to Rooney, got to give it to him.

Love him or hate him you don't become both England and Manchester United captain AND leading goalscorer by accident.

Imagine that sentence for ANY other footballer amongst fans captain AND leading goalscorer for club AND country..... absolute legend.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I am disappointed with Zlatan. I am not sure what he is trying to prove?! Is he trying to prove that he is more than a scorer? He could have taken the shot and yet he tries to pass. We can't capitalize Liverpool dropping points. Not going to TOP 4. We took more than 25 shots to get a single goal. Come on, we are better than that.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Have to say I find it hard to feel gutted with a 94th minute goal

Gained a point on Liverpool, city or Spurs will drop points and our next few games are winnable

This is so much fecking better than losing

Cmon you feckers

Ixion

Decent result when you're losing after 94 minutes. We (and Mourinho) have a crap record at Stoke as well.

Our terrible run earlier in the season simply makes any dropped points a disaster really but you can't win every game, we're going to drop points. Top four is probably not happening, put everything into the Cups.

Good goal from Rooney, a fitting one to break the record.

Jacko21

Stoke were rotten. Our finishing was rotten.

Nicking a point from what looked like a defeat is better than nothing.

Point gained on Liverpool at the very least and but for a draw in the City v Spurs game, we'll gain a point on one of them too.

Still unbeaten.

Philadelphian

Very frustrating game.

Wayne Rooney is a Utd great.

Paul Pogba frustrates me and I feel is highly over-rated.

Good point...kinda.
It's not Pogba overrated. It's Herrera and Fellaini (by the manager). Pogba looked great when another good player (Mhki) moved to the middle with him.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Jose again making too many mistakes and we were so poor, also mentally. We need strikers and midfielders

ash_86

Mata, Zlatan, Herrara were all poor today. We were lucky to come away with a point .

PS: Congrats to Rooney on becoming the top scorer.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Just hate Stoke. Should have won but a draw is a good result given we conceded. Not taking our chances though.

Away from home, Mata should not be on the wing. Play him in the ten channel. I was even thinking before the match he would be caught for pace on the wing by one of their players.

Overall we should have won. cnut of a place to go to though.

Unmutual

Poor performance. But during this long unbeaten run we've played badly 2 or 3 times max, and we've still managed to pull the draw out of the bag. If you can't win, don't lose, and with three very winnable games to come, we should be able to forget about the result quickly enough.

iKeano

Need to stop giving teams head-starts and handicapping ourselves with bad selections.

The starting 11 should have been selected out of the last 13 Utd players on the pitch today.

Need help in midfield urgently.

R'hllor

Classic,starting Afroman as coward to counter Stoke and then instead of using him properly,we play passing game through him haha. Makes my blood boil,City,Liverpool (Swansea scored 3 vs that shit),Stoke today...rather see him park a bus with purpose then see this coward mentality moves.

SuperiorXI

Have to see it as a point gained really given the nature of the game. They got the scrappiest of goals and it was obvious they were going to completely shut up shop and they did that. It's very hard to break down teams like that but we had chances we should have been converting. Couldn't hit a fecking barn door though, Rooney single handedly gained us a point here. Not so mad seeing as how the scousers lost hilariously and City/Tottenham will be dropping points today too. Also the unbeaten run continues! :devil:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sultan

shr89

Awful result given that we dominated the game.
We still lack that cold finisher

jackofalltrades

Nearly lost to a sucker goal. The attack was atrocious, various clear chances fluffed, 2 points dropped, and a golden opportunity lost- all squandered. Totally pissed off with that.

Snafu17

The lackluster beginning is what pisses me off. The one game a season when you can be sure that the home team will start aggressively and physically and we come out half a sleep. Just stupid.

The inability to score a goal is also annoying. We'll have to win one of the games against City, Arsenal and Spurs away which seems a tough task.

Great goal for Wayne though.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
We end up dominating almost every game, we create enough no. of chances to score at least 2. So it is really frustrating to drop so many points to draws. Pogba again had a frustrating game. I couldn't understand why he was not using Rashford and preferred to drive ahead himself through a wall.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Didn't get to see the game, but sounds like we have a problem shooting/scoring - Mourinho must sort this out!

Congratulations to Rooney - great achievement.

Disappointed we gave up 2 points. We really need to address our wastefulness. Anyway 1 point better than a big fat zero I guess

JustinC00

Looked like we weren't getting anything so i'll obviously take it. But anyone who thinks that was a terrible performance can feck off, You want terrible, go watch some of the Moyes or LVG matches.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Terrible but expected result. We still can't turn up to away games.

Well done Rooney. For all the criticism he gets at least he's one player capable of putting the ball in the back of the net.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Pogba dithers on the ball and seems like he has a bit of a 'superstar complex' to me - has to do something special... but rarely actually does.

I just find myself getting frustrated at him a lot.

I also think he's a bit soft.

Steven7290

What the hell was Mourinho thinking letting two static strikers play up front together? Only spark working was Micky and he was substituted before Zlatan.

I get it that we were the better side but it's Stoke for feck sake: Blind shit, Herrera shit, Pogba half shit, Mata shit and Zlatan shit on a stick, why'd he turned so fecking soft?

Gotta get that rant out of my system, tactics aside we didn't look like we want it more than Stoke at any point of the game, in a weekend where we have the chance to close the gap and possibly overtake City as it has been for the last couple years: bottlers. Just not good enough at any level.

Reactions: Sultan

Peanut Butter

Have to say I find it hard to feel gutted with a 94th minute goal

Gained a point on Liverpool, city or Spurs will drop points and our next few games are winnable

This is so much fecking better than losing

Cmon you feckers
Well said.

Bunch of moaning sods in here as usual.

We are a million times better than we were last year. Rome wasn't built in half a season.

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 447 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Stoke win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 26% Stoke 0:2 Man Utd
  • 24% Stoke 1:2 Man Utd