PL W FA Premier League

Swansea City 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 06 November 2016

JustinC00

When you consider that all the teams who played midweek didn't win this weekend (bar us) it shows how demanding it is.
City draw
Arsenal draw
Spurs Draw
Leicester ?
Soton Lost
Lost

So United was the only team that played mid-week to win this weekend

Bwuk

Missed the game as been out all down playing a cup game down south myself; heard it was a good performance so maybe I just shouldn't bother watching in future :lol:

MrBest

Some great stuff here, especially Ibra being past it.. What the..
May seem absurd at first to some but if you start to count the amount of times ibra loses the ball, over hits a pass or generally slows down play is pretty bad. it may be the players around him being slow as well but I ain't that impressed by him so far.

Yes I have unusually high standards in life

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Ibra is 35, I can even remember him playing under Capello in a Juventus side destroyed by Liverpool and Arsenal in the mid '00 CLs?? He is a totem yes, but not the sharpest tool anymore: pretty slow and missing too many sitters costing too many points. Going to China or MLS in January, if you ask me.

Ban

May seem absurd at first to some but if you start to count the amount of times ibra loses the ball, over hits a pass or generally slows down play is pretty bad. it may be the players around him being slow as well but I ain't that impressed by him so far.

Yes I have unusually high standards in life
Yeah, still absurd.

Ludens the Red

Strange game, Swansea made no effort whatsoever in the first half, they were so gutless, it was as if being out there was a massive inconvenience. Second half was more-or-less the same for 15 minutes, there was no reaction, the problem though is we came out in the second half playing exactly as Swansea were in the first. I can't even work out if we played well or not. It's very confusing.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Strange game, Swansea made no effort whatsoever in the first half, they were so gutless, it was as if being out there was a massive inconvenience. Second half was more-or-less the same for 15 minutes, there was no reaction, the problem though is we came out in the second half playing exactly as Swansea were in the first. I can't even work out if we played well or not. It's very confusing.
Credit due where it is deserved we played well.

Lentwood

Shouldn't be by now but I'm surprised at the negativity on here.

- We won a PL away game 3-1. We have lost and will lose to worse sides than this Swansea team so no win should ever be underestimated.

- We won despite playing on Thursday. No other team managed a win after playing midweek. The two stand out performers both had the whole week off (Chelsea & Liverpool)

- The fact that we were able to ease off 2nd half is frustrating for the fans but a real positive for the team. I remember many games under SAF were we went 2-0 early and basically shook hands on a gentlemens agreement for both sides to leave it there. Conserves energy and doesn't risk injuries.

- Jones played 90 minutes

- Zlatan is back amongst the goals

- Rooney didnt look like a competition winner

- Pogba's goal. We all know most of the media judge a players contribution on how many worldies they score so should ease the pressure on him a little.

TheReligion

Abusive
Shouldn't be by now but I'm surprised at the negativity on here.

- We won a PL away game 3-1. We have lost and will lose to worse sides than this Swansea team so no win should ever be underestimated.

- We won despite playing on Thursday. No other team managed a win after playing midweek. The two stand out performers both had the whole week off (Chelsea & Liverpool)

- The fact that we were able to ease off 2nd half is frustrating for the fans but a real positive for the team. I remember many games under SAF were we went 2-0 early and basically shook hands on a gentlemens agreement for both sides to leave it there. Conserves energy and doesn't risk injuries.

- Jones played 90 minutes

- Zlatan is back amongst the goals

- Rooney didnt look like a competition winner

- Pogba's goal. We all know most of the media judge a players contribution on how many worldies they score so should ease the pressure on him a little.
Good post.

I'm relieved there are some real fans on the forum after all.

Bunch of ungrateful whinging babies. Mentality of some of the players and the fans it seems.

Acole9

Outstanding
Good win today and a good performance. Sure Swansea were very poor but it was a game I was a bit concerned going into it given our patchy record against them.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I'm happy today. We did our job nicely and scored three away from home including 2 for Zlatan to end his little drought. It was also good to see Phil Jones get 90 minutes, he looked solid especially considering he hasn't played a league game in 10 months.

Nice away win to take us in to the international break.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Good we won before the break. But i hope its not another false dawn.

NK86

Or maybe I'm not one of those that jump on the hype train every time we win against poor opposition...like some.

This wasn't the first nor the last time in which we won a game like this after few poor performances and immediately we're great and title contenders.

As i said you're free to board your hype train. Choo choo
Hype train? :lol:

Try harder or maybe go to specs saver to help you read better.

As I said, don't let me get in the way of your whining and moaning in misery.

BTG

Got the points by hook or by crook I'll take them. Only 8 points back from the top of the table. That's one good run of form to get right back into the fight.

Get Ibra back in the books and get some confidence into Pogba and it should help start rounding this team out.

Rooney had a couple good touches in the box and created some chances.

Overall a decent performance against a team we should perform well against.

With the break then Arsenal hopefully we can start a good run of form into January and address the weaknesses.

devips

That Rooney goal. He was onside, wasn't he? Why aren't we talking about it?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Good win and good to see we actually take our chances. Nevertheless, we cant take too much from the game. In the first half, Swansea didnt show up, in the 2nd, we were already on our way back to Manchester. Arsenal will be a tough test and a win would be huge

PaulRich

I said after the Burnley game that we need 10 wins on the spin to compete for top spot come the run in and 24/25 from 30 to be even in the European places. This is a critical section of the league programme for us.

The United

I am pleased with the result. The performance does not matter to me at this moment.

Getting a win is a much needed morale boost atm especially before the break.

Shiva87

Pog's goal was a peach and it was all in all a good win. Glad to see Zlatan finally scoring again, shame he's banned for the Arsenal game. Not sure we will be afforded that much time and space against better opposition though.
It could be a blessing. If Jose plays Martial or Rashford there, we may have the speed to counter-attack when under pressure from Arsenal. That game needs 3 fast forwards and a Rashford, Martial, Lingard lineup could actually work.

However, after Rooney's overall improvement yesterday, I wont be surprised if he starts. (Hopefully its on the wing like yesterday).

Fracture90

Hype train? :lol:

Try harder or maybe go to specs saver to help you read better.

As I said, don't let me get in the way of your whining and moaning in misery.
Moaning in misery because i said this win is nothing spectacular haha?

Hey if we win against Sunderland maybe you can say we gonna win CL next year, and if we beat Zorya we'll walk through the EL.

You will definitely miss your "we beaten Swansea, will win the league hype train".

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Hey if we win against Sunderland maybe you can say we gonna win CL next year, and if we beat Zorya we'll walk through the EL.

You will definitely miss your "we beaten Swansea, will win the league hype train".
But this was impressive away performance. You can say 'It's just swansea' but few big teams have struggled playing there.

Chelsea drew 2-2 at Swansea. City struggled there to play their game but somehow won that game. Liverpool were barely in the game for the first half and won in the last few mins. ManUtd just dominated from the first min and hardly troubled by home team.

SqueakyWeasel

There are some very strange Manchester United fans on the CAF :lol:!

Just seen the game on FM&S as I had a family "thing": I've no complaints other than I feel we let them back in when we should have really shoved the knife in deep (but that may have backfired so perhaps it was for the best). Although I must say I'm starting to hate the fact that every morale-boosting, shot-in-the-arm, much-needed win this season is followed by an international break!

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Swansea were hopeless in the first half. Hopeless.

If this was due to us bossing the match, then I want to see similar against Arsenal before we can say we have witnessed a turning point.

I actually think Rooney had a decent game, but was that because the opposition was so shite? Again, a repeat against Arsenal will perhaps show us he has something left to offer.

Martial and Rashford should stay on the bench for now and come on after 70 mins only - both have been pretty inconsistant and ineffective in recent weeks.

I was suprised Darmian played but he wasn't completely useless. He should concentrate on defending and curb his runs foward as he really can do little when he's in the opponents' half.

Pogba was very good - gettting back to the player we hoped we'd got - again though, let's see him be as dominant against Arsenal.

A step in the right direction is how I would rate this performance.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Swansea were VERY poor in the first. Our intensity dropped after halftime and we let them back into it but a pretty routine 3 points. Arsenal next I haven't got high hopes for that one personally. But great to get 3 points which we really needed, we need to start catching the teams above us now and going into the game I expected a draw.

If we go with that same team (bar the suspended Zlatan) I doubt we beat them.

jojose

It might be the wrong match to really take much from regarding first XIs, but I get the feeling Jose is slowly starting to creep up on his preference.

Weeding out the players he doesn't see as mentally "at it" enough and I think, with everyone match fit, we may start to see him trying to bed in something like this in league games:

De Gea
Valencia Smalling Rojo Blind
Carrick
Herrera Pogba
Mata Ibrahimovic Rashford
Couple of variables in Rojo/Rashford, but I think it's close.
Hopefully.

To me Carrick, Herrera and Pogba seems so obvious. That set up allows our 3 best midfielders to all influence the game with their individual strengths. Carrick can sit and dicatate play. With Carrick sitting Herrera can apply his high energy to press. That leaves Pogba a bit of a free ride to influence the same and start attacks. All good on the ball, all accomplished in the air. A balance of tactical awareness, energy and experience.

Bailly is first choice centre back though and with him behind that midfield and Zlatan up top, id be confident of us beating anybody.

Mata gives us guile and Rashford / Martial on the left gives us pace.

I have said a few times that we aren’t far off and have been incredibly unlucky in some games. That luck will balance out and we’ll win a couple of games when we don’t deserve too and we will get some decisions go our way.

I do think temperament and desire is a bit of an issue with us though. I think Jose is bang on in that we only have a few players who take responsibility and try to be the difference. I have called Mata out a few times for not doing that but thought on Thursday he stood out as the bloke looking to drive us forward, he was moving / showing for the ball and looking to be positive.

In years gone by money was to be made on United on in game betting when we went behind. If we go behind now, I never see us being capable of winning.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
My mate has been spouting shite on twitter on all season. After this game these 2 pearls...

"3 assists at the weekend. Rooney now 3rd in all time prem league assists. Yeah he's passed it. ;)"

"Carrick in the side and United convincingly win. Co-incidence not?"

:houllier:

Marcelinho87

Why do our false dawns always seem to happen when an int. break is coming up? I want us to go straight into another prem game and try get a run going.

RedDF

good win, but we have tough games coming up.
We are in big need of a good run, a string of wins in our next 4 games would put us back in the top 4.
Here's hoping.

NK86

Why not. You can then moan and whine when we beat Arsenal about how it is only 'Arsenal'. Who doesn't like to read a good moan despite a good win.

Fracture90

Why not. You can then moan and whine when we beat Arsenal about how it is only 'Arsenal'. Who doesn't like to read a good moan despite a good win.
Haha so you're putting Arsenal and Swansea in the same basket? :lol::lol::lol:

You're obviously a joke, go make yourself a new thread "OMG we've beaten Swansea we'll win the league".

Choo choo...

Fracture90

But this was impressive away performance. You can say 'It's just swansea' but few big teams have struggled playing there.

Chelsea drew 2-2 at Swansea. City struggled there to play their game but somehow won that game. Liverpool were barely in the game for the first half and won in the last few mins. ManUtd just dominated from the first min and hardly troubled by home team.
Mate Swansea actually played good under Guidolin but they were unlucky with the results as they had tough fixtures lined up one after another.

Yesterday we played against the bottom nailed team that just appointed new manager few days ago and we weren't that impressive.

We managed to concede and let them have few good chances also. Pogba's goal was a stunner for sure and Zlatan's first goal was great but we again dropped too much in 2nd half.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Mate Swansea actually played good under Guidolin but they were unlucky with the results as they had tough fixtures lined up one after another.

Yesterday we played against the bottom nailed team that just appointed new manager few days ago and we weren't that impressive.

We managed to concede and let them have few good chances also. Pogba's goal was a stunner for sure and Zlatan's first goal was great but we again dropped too much in 2nd half.
How about their first game under Bradley?

2-3 away to Arsenal with gooners clinging on for dear life at the end. Obviously, Arsenal had a man sent off but Swansea caused them a load of problems. More possession, same amount of shots on target, more corners. Under both their managers this season they've been a tough nut to crack for the big clubs and we dealt with them more comfortably than Chelsea, City, Liverpool and Arsenal.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I agree that it was disappointing how we gave them a chance to get back into the second half. There were a few flutters of nerves when they were hunting for a second goal with the best part of half an hour left, which we shouldn't have allowed.

However we've got to be happy with three points and three goals irrespective of who our opposition is. When the full time whistle went I was relieved, maybe a touch disappointed with the second half but ultimately satisfied.

NK86

Haha so you're putting Arsenal and Swansea in the same basket? :lol::lol::lol:

You're obviously a joke, go make yourself a new thread "OMG we've beaten Swansea we'll win the league".

Choo choo...
I am surprised you find anything funny or enjoyable seeing the miserable person you seem to be. I bet you are one of those who goes to a wedding and just shrug your shoulders and moan about something. Must be an absolute delight to be around.

Now go and moan about something. The daylight savings has kicked in, why don't you whine about it and bore someone else for a change.

Go along now.

Man of the Match

Paul Pogba image Paul Pogba 48% of 759 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 490 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Swansea win