PL W FA Premier League

Swansea City 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 06 November 2016

NK86

How about their first game under Bradley?

2-3 away to Arsenal with gooners clinging on for dear life at the end. Obviously, Arsenal had a man sent off but Swansea caused them a load of problems. More possession, same amount of shots on target, more corners. Under both their managers this season they've been a tough nut to crack for the big clubs and we dealt with them more comfortably than Chelsea, City, Liverpool and Arsenal.
But, but it's only Swansea. How can you be happy with a comfortable win over them? Doesn't matter if we haven't won against them in our previous three fixtures, doesn't matter if they drew away to City and nearly got a result at Arsenal. Why don't we all just bury our faces in our pillow and wallow about a victory in a dominant fashion.

Fracture90

I am surprised you find anything funny or enjoyable seeing the miserable person you seem to be. I bet you are one of those who goes to a wedding and just shrug your shoulders and moan about something. Must be an absolute delight to be around.

Now go and moan about something. The daylight savings has kicked in, why don't you whine about it and bore someone else for a change.

Go along now.
When you lack any valid arguments you resort to insults and petty name calling. Just shows how shallow and simple-minded you are.

Not worth my time of responding to you accordingly in a way that would get me banned. Shame you're parents haven't taught you some manners.

NK86

When you lack any valid arguments you resort to insults and petty name calling. Just shows how shallow and simple-minded you are.

Not worth my time of responding to you accordingly in a way that would get me banned. Shame you're parents haven't taught you some manners.
Awwww. Did the bad guy hurt your feelings? :lol:

How does the pot call the kettle black, I will never know.

Fracture90

How about their first game under Bradley?

2-3 away to Arsenal with gooners clinging on for dear life at the end. Obviously, Arsenal had a man sent off but Swansea caused them a load of problems. More possession, same amount of shots on target, more corners. Under both their managers this season they've been a tough nut to crack for the big clubs and we dealt with them more comfortably than Chelsea, City, Liverpool and Arsenal.
Red card helped against Arsenal of course but their playing style if quite different now. Game against Arsenal came just after the international break and i guess they still haven't implemented some of Bradley's ideas since they played their high pressing game against them which was their trademark under Guidolin.

If they played like that against us, we would be in world of troubles. Either way they are 20th in the league. We tore through Fenerbahce 4-1 and than got demolished 4-0 against Chelsea and that's my concern.

Like i said important 3 points but don't want to get too carried away since we had performances like this against Bournemouth and Southampton this season but we're still struggling to find consistency.

Woeisme

Happy with the win. Not surprised by the dismissive posts about the opposition, getting used to that now.

I accept that Jose is not everyone’s cup of tea. I understand why people may have issues with aspects of his management. I acknowledge that some of his decisions may appear to be mistakes. It’s one thing to be critical or have a negative view of things that he’s done or have happened, it’s not something I have signed up to myself, (Yet), but I can understand it.

What I don’t understand and find completely unacceptable, is the all too common prophecies of doom. The negative defeatist comments about future events that may or may not happen but are nonetheless delivered in a factual tone as if they were already chronicled in the annals of history.

As a supporter of the club, you are entitled to have an opinion as to what the future holds but considering that only time will prove you right or wrong it’s advisable to express unknowns as opinions and not facts.

Stating things like “ We are screwed and Swansea will beat us 5 nill guaranteed” make you look like a Dick when time proves otherwise. Same thing when you choose to congratulate the opposition on their victory when you learn the team news and before a ball is kicked.

These are the shorter termed examples, but there a multiple medium/long termed eg out there.

“No way will Utd finish in the top 6 this year”

“ We won’t be playing champions league football in the next 4 years”

“after the Fernabache result we are simply not getting out of the group”

“Jose will sell Shaw or Martial in January”

“We won’t finish within 15pts of Liverpool this year”

Etc etc etc.

For all I know, all of the above could turn out to be true, but no one knows for sure, so how can anyone who claims to “support” the club state it so categorically?

3 pts against Swansea is a small step, but its a start, something to build on maybe. We need to string more performances/results like that together. One step at a time maybe?

Roosney

I don't fully agree with the media and Jose praising Carrick's performance. I think in the first 20 minutes his passing was awful. He got better as the match went on so maybe was a bit out of match riddim.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Very happy with the result and how comfortable it was for us, but Swansea were appalling. I have no idea why they decided to completely back off and allow us plenty of space to do whatever we wanted. Their closing down was horrendous.

parisite

Very happy with the result and how comfortable it was for us, but Swansea were appalling. I have no idea why they decided to completely back off and allow us plenty of space to do whatever we wanted. Their closing down was horrendous.
Perhaps because they decided to employ a rank amateur as manager for some reason only known to themselves.

Man of the Match

Paul Pogba image Paul Pogba 48% of 759 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 490 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Swansea win
  • Draw