PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:0 Tottenham Hotspur

Post-match discussion

Sun, 15 March 2015

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Hopefully we move into the right direction and now LVG also sees what works and whom to play

Kostur

海尔的老板
Really hope that this result will infuse our players with confidence and will to fight because we'll need it in next couple of fixtures. Fingers crossed for Swans tomorrow.

manichester

Good combinations on each side of the pitch, Mata, Herrera and Valencia on the right and Young, Blind and Fellaini on the left Carrick had lots of options to pass to and he even demanded the ball today. Balanced side for sure.

Cristiano_RAFC

I don't know who that team was that played in our shirts in the last 2 years, but today I finally recognized Manchester United playing in that shirt. Absolutely over the moon with our performance and result today.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Ive actually gone for Herrera as my MOTM. Ran a marathon in midfield today, lost count of how many times he tackled, blocked and hussled the ball off Spurs today. Moved the ball on so quickly and played some classy balls too. With the exception of DDG and Valencia I don't think I could with anyone if they named another player however.

jem

Switched off in the second half, any big team would've capitalized, Spurs were off their game, nothing to shout about, bang average, didn't go for the throat, goal difference will feck us, Falcao barely touched the ball, Jones and Smalling are walking mistakes :wenger:
I'm guessing the Wenger smiley is the equivalent of sarcasm here, but just in case it's not (and I feel like mentioning it anyway,) I was very happy with the second half. A good professional performance, holding the fort as it were, while still looking dangerous on the break.

All in all, an excellent game, and great team selection from Van Gaal.

Empire

I'm just stunned and have a massive grin on my face!

Well done. I haven't done the rating thing for about 5 months but I'm going to give every one a 10 today to pay homage to this performance.
If you spent more time looking into the manager's past work instead of writing so much rubbish on here you would realise eventually things will come good, this is however only one match, we might not be able to replicate that immediately, results are still most important between now and the end but next season we should expect more performances like this.

At least this performance does the talking so Louis van Gaal proponents on here can stay quiet for a week. The manager and his staff know what they are doing, they should be given a chance, such is life it doesn't always work out but it probably will.

Devil may care

Excellent performance in the first half, professional controlled performance in the second, all round much more like it!

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
If you spent more time looking into the manager's past work instead of writing so much rubbish on here you would realise eventually things will come good, this is however only one match, we might not be able to replicate that immediately, results are still most important between now and the end but next season we should expect more performances like this.

At least this performance does the talking so Louis van Gaal proponents on here can stay quiet for a week. The manager and his staff know what they are doing, they should be given a chance, such is life it doesn't always work out but it probably will.
Why don't you feck off?

I'm in too good a mood to spoil it by engaging in an inevitably pointless and long winded discussions you like so much.

We've been generally crap for the last 2 months. We were excellent today.

End of story.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
When you see that first half you just wonder how ADM gets back into the team.
I'd have Di Maria on the bench to be fair.
When he gets the ball he either shoots and misses or attempts to dribble and loses the ball.
In the Arsenal game, he finally lost belief that he could dribble past defenders, so decided to take a dive instead.

Today, you saw Rooney get past 4 defenders - this is what a player who has absolute belief in his ability, plays like. If Di Maria was in his position today, I have no doubt that he would've been dispossessed or he would've gone to ground.

RVP has been disappointing lately.
Falcao is just useless and for his own good, needs to return to Monaco. Every game which passes, demonstrates that he is not the same player he once was.
Di Maria is badly out of form and has little belief in his ability - which is a huge problem for flair players. Perhaps it would be a good idea to bring him on after the game has been won (like in the 2nd half today)?

buckooo1978

Fantastic win....... bring on the Scousers

disappointed we didn't bang another goal or two in but our best performance for a long time

Spark

Great idea! Maybe they could use the amount of goals scored as a metric for deciding this! Good one, Daley.

He's let his great performance down, there. ONLY JOKING HE PLAYED WELL GOOD AND IM JUST BEING FACETIOUS OUT OF PURE DELIGHT

BahamaRed

Legend
There was a time, a long long time ago, when we saw this every week. One touch football. Actually passing forward and fighting for the ball. Attack has always been the best form of defence for United. It's what made Utd such a pleasure to support and watch. Can't remember the last time I enjoyed a game before this. Same breakfast next Sunday please.

stu_1992

Really good stuff, best performance since Sir Alex retired definitely. Understandably we slowed the tempo down in the second, but it was job done at that stage and Spurs clearly offered nothing at that stage either. Blind, Fellaini, Young and Rooney were our best players. Mata I thought did well in a position that he's not naturally suited to. Win comes at a good time, hopefully it can give us some momentum going into these games.

Raw

We've just overtaken Chelsea in the home league table and we're now the best home team in the league :D

Granted they have a game in hand, but still!

m1y2

We were brilliant particularly in the first half but can we do it on a cold rainy night in any away game? Today it was about confidence and motivation, hopefully we can keep this self-beliefe and fighting spirit till the end of the season. Then we can finish top 4 easily..

JoaquinJoaquin

Must say, what a fantastic response to the Monday meltdown. Was not expecting this at all. Everyone played well and could not fault anything. Great momentum builder going into the Liverpool game. Long may it continue.

Walters_19_MuFc

So proud of the boys today. After the media put massive pressure on us and everyone saying that this is a must win game, we dealt with it brilliantly.

With Spurs being in the form they were, I guess everyone, including myself, thought it would be a hard game, but it was completely the opposite.

Apart from the first five minutes, where we looked a bit shaky, we did everything right. Pressed well, played at a high tempo, movement off the ball, running in behind, created chances. We had everything to our game, and got our rewards in the first half.

Second half, we understandably dropped off a bit, but we were always in control, and apart from Kane's effort at the end, we looked very solid as a team.

Glad we had a win like this today, especially with Liverpool coming up. Should give us massive confidence going into that game.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Ive actually gone for Herrera as my MOTM. Ran a marathon in midfield today, lost count of how many times he tackled, blocked and hussled the ball off Spurs today. Moved the ball on so quickly and played some classy balls too. With the exception of DDG and Valencia I don't think I could with anyone if they named another player however.
He was class today. He always does well tracking back and making tackles and hassling the opposition to win the ball back but that often goes unnoticed and people just see him as a passer/attacker. He is an all rounder and he and Carrick should be our CM pairing whenever both are fit.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Surely that was the "click" today??? Its not like Louis just told them to forget about the philosophy and go for it, they've been working towards this all along. Cant wait for next week.

Player Ratings

7.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 703 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% Man Utd 2:1 Tottenham
  • 10% Man Utd 2:0 Tottenham