PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Tottenham Hotspur

Post-match discussion

Wed, 04 December 2019

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Played really well. Wish we could see that every week. Onto City, expect the same type of intensity from them on Sunday.

Well done.
As an athlete yourself, you will know it takes alot of time for a new group of people to be able to consistently repeat their peak level.

Cockney Phil

Much better in the first 15 of the 2nd half. It prevented Spuds from digging in, which showed with their later attacks. We’re still a bit loose after scoring but all round a much better performance.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I don't understand this team...
Rashford is the obvious MOTM.
Fred was Kante-esque, what a performance.
The Lindelöf thread will be quiet, he has been our best CB for about a month but this is one of his best performances for us.

redcafe_reader

Great performance and a win. Again Ole got the upper hand on a direct duel with a top-class manager. I am not sure why there is still someone thinks that he's clueless. I mean, where do they think that performance (and the game again Liverpool, if only we hold on for some more mins) come from?

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
So with a weaker team, Ole out did Jose tactically

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Fred having McT beside him improves his game so much. Excellent performance and Rashford looked different class tonight.

edcunited1878

United raised their game and rightfully so. It's one of the more frustrating thing that the players cannot bring this consistency of effort, energy and enough quality. Maybe with continued time and all, but let's see because the Derby is coming in a few days. City have the quality and coaching and continuity, but this is a Derby...United need to show that effort, energy and fight.

Thiagoal

I know Fred was great tonight but having big Scotty T back made all the difference to our control of the game! Desperately need cover for him

Woodzy

Decent performance overall, but also really poor from Spurs in my opinion. Rashford was incredible and for about 60 minutes he reminded me of a young Ronaldo.

Good result and something to build upon either way.

Good point by a pundit on Amazon though... this buzz will last until the next loss and then we start all over again. Easy to forget we have had many results like this under Ole.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Fantastic game. Should have won by more. Rashford MOTM. Not sure why he waited to shoot near the end. Could have had his hattrick. As poor as we have been against the rest of the league, we are still undefeated against the other "big six" with wins now vs Tottenham, Leicester and Chelsea to go with draws vs Liverpool and Arsenal. Hopefully we can keep that going on the weekend vs City...

Ban

Outplayed them and thoroughly deserved our victory. Spurs were nowhere to be seen. I'm going to enjoy this win tonight.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Good win. Like i expected in my last weekend's post. Just hope United can build on this result. Delighted to beat Mourinho

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
When they scored the momentum really went against us, it was great to see us come out in the second half with real intent. We need that mentality. We can't keep collapsing in the face of pressure.

PS) Thank feck for Marcus Rashford, eh?
PPS) So glad the team came out and did it for Ole. They had to play for him tonight. His job very much on the line. Glad to see they ain't given up on him yet!

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Rashford was magnificent. And Fred,... need to be tested :drool:. He's like the prime Edgar Davids.

onemanarmy

Fred was fantastic, as was Rashford. A decent number 10 and a leftback and we would be a lot better. That being said, Lingard was ok today.

Aresma7

Today I really enjoyed the game! Rashford was on fire, atleast in the first half but it frustrates me how he should have ended the game in OT. Imagine Solskjaer getting Haaland and this team would look exciting.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
McT got a bit sloppy towards the end, looked tired, but he was immense. Just kept winning everything. He is a huge presence in midfield.

OT celebrated that stoppage time tackle from AWB like a goal.

Should have had more. 2-1 flattered them. I can't remember Spurs looking so poor.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Absolutely brilliant game by Rashford.
Fantastic by Fred as well!
Well done to OGS for today's tactics. Didn't agree with taking off Greenwood for Pereira but it worked out!

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
The game that ended United's season. Not getting rid of him now, but as we all know it counts for absolutely nothing.

And no, the 5th win of the season is not supposed to make me happy.
Just enjoy the moment, yes we've been below par but tonight is something to smile about at least.

Xaviboy

Great performance and work rate. Spurs couldn't get going cuz of the work players put in but its about putting a bit of consistency together now. No point in playing well in this game and reverting back to dogshite next few weeks. Players were brilliant tonight.

acnumber9

We were the much better team. Spurs were awful and never really looked like scoring again. We tailed off second half but then our players don’t exactly excel on the front foot anyway.

Ban

The game that ended United's season. Not getting rid of him now, but as we all know it counts for absolutely nothing.

And no, the 5th win of the season is not supposed to make me happy.
Great stuff mate, keep it up.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Man the song at Old Trafford after the game give me the chills

KranjskaKlobasa

Some nice football -passing, offensive movement and double team pressing of opponent. Still not clinical enough with our chances and way to many individual errors which led to lost balls and counters at LB and DM positions.

Cloud7

Glad we managed to win this one. Jose would have been annoying as feck if they had won.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Best performance of the season. McTominay makes such a difference to our midfield and Fred is 10x the player when alongside McT. Lingard’s best performance for a while too. Wastes of money Maguire and Lindelof kept £250m worth of Harry Kane very quiet. Hopefully we continue to see more of the same over the coming weeks

Man of the Match

Marcus Rashford image Marcus Rashford 74% of 443 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 430 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw