PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Tottenham Hotspur

Post-match discussion

Wed, 04 December 2019

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
The game that ended United's season. Not getting rid of him now, but as we all know it counts for absolutely nothing.

And no, the 5th win of the season is not supposed to make me happy.
I believe you have reached peak grumpy old man there.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
A good night’s sleep that I begrudge Woodward. Ole getting a good performance out of the team in a big game. Mourinho carrying on where left off at Old Trafford and looking bereft of ideas.

Irwin99

Even though we conceded a crap goal I thought Maguire and Lindelof did well. Kane was pretty ineffective all game.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
Great performance and this time, thankfully, we got the result befitting our good performance. Well done, Ole and the lads. Decent to excellent performances all around.

Also, José’s honeymoon barely lasted less than two weeks. Spurs barely showed anything for most parts, not sure what the instructions were for this match.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
The game that ended United's season. Not getting rid of him now, but as we all know it counts for absolutely nothing.

Just enjoy the win and great performance.

stu_1992

Great result, good performance and a much needed win. I was worried at half time that we may have thrown away our chnace to win as we seemed to fade in that half and ultimately conceded. Glad I was wrong though, and what a great way to start the second half. Rashford absolutely flying at the moment. Great to see. Didn't have much faith looking at the team at the start, but happy we got a result.

Tiber

Nice to see that the future has finally arrived.

Not a single glitch or disruption throughout the entire Prime match. Great experience and no TV deal required.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
McTomminay was great and a much needed player in these type of games,especially against a physical and intense Spurs team.
Without Mctomminay,and Rashford,this game would've went only one way.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Fantastic performance. Spurs were very flat but our play was instrumental in pegging them back. Rashford and Fred, very good.
For Spurs, Jose needs that whole backline changed in summer.

morbidsaint

Deansgate preaching scientology with Tom Cruise
Deserved nothing but a win tonight. Rashford clearly MOTM, but Fred, McT and Lindelof also brilliant, while everyone else did really good. But why is it so long in between these kind of performances?

Jesus, i needed this. Play like this vs City and we can beat them to.

Lemansky

Fred, Scott MC and Rash all outstanding. Fantastic performances all around. Our squad is very weak though. We need to add quality in the windows to come. Pereira is an absolute liability. Added bonus seing Mason getting a start. The new RVP in the making.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
McFred. Jesus christ yes

Falcow

:cool: Well done, lads. And the United fans who were actively cheering on Spurs prior to the match can go feck themselves.
:cool: Well done, lads. And the United fans who were actively cheering on Spurs prior to the match can go feck themselves.
Exactly mate. We would have won last 2 games as well if we had mctominay. We have been playing well since pool game, Bournemouth apart.

Conor

Jesus you're a dry shite.

Shiva87

Mctominnay and Fred doing well as a pair. I think they need each other and understand what the other is doing. Good to watch. Fred was looking like a lost man with Andreas, but has put in an immense performance today.

Let's get a few more wins now. Go on United.

Also, Rashford was killing it out there today. Ran the Spurs defense ragged. Point to prove!

M4nu4Life

Dominated the game but struggled to score.

Allowed them to score too easily.

McTominay and Fred in the midfield is a good combo. Add Pogba and it will be great.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I though this was our best performance of the season. Brought a real pop to Old Trafford and the crowd were entertained. I worry for us away from home when we're under the cosh, but if we have performances like these that become more frequent, it will mark progress.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
A rare good performance with a win.

Probably beat City Next and go back to loosing.

Seems this team only shows up for the big games.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Superb performance, would have been a travesty not to have won that.

fps

Glad we managed to win this one. Jose would have been annoying as feck if they had won.
He'd have been faux humble in that way where he says he's not the story, so that could have become the story.

Cantona in disguise

Jesus wept. Have a word with yourself. Football isnt for you mate.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
What a fecking game. We played like the real Manchester United for the first 30 minutes and then showed great character to get back the lead and defend it. We were better in the second half as well, and on another day Rashford would have had a Hattrick and James at least a goal. Against a better Spurs starting XI with Jose managing them.

Beautiful performance, and will rightfully buy Ole time and credit for the January window. I've seen too many false dawns to call this one, but I'll say this - Ole deserves more time.

bondsname

The result certainly surprised me.
God how wrong I was with my prediction before the game, and I'm so glad I was wrong! Fantastic performance, especially from Fred and Rashford. What makes the win a lot tastier is the fact that we beat a superior Mouirnho team.

Ole got the tactics right this time.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Dominated the game but struggled to score.

Allowed them to score too easily.

McTominay and Fred in the midfield is a good combo. Add Pogba and it will be great.
Pogba would be much bigger value to us if he's in a Lingard (10) role I feel. I don't want to see him experimented deep again, McTominay and Fred have that side covered.

Champagne Football

We're a far better team with McTominay in the side. Fred shines more when he has the support of Scott next to him.

Lingard was surprisingly decent, far better than anything Andreas Pereira has done this season.

If only we could beat the lower teams like we do against the stronger teams.

Huge confidence booster and with Pogba back, we might just be ready to go on a mini run, that's if Pogba can be bothered when playing in front of Fred and Scott.

chb23

Great controlling win. A bit of squeaky bum time at the end and really should have killed it off by scoring the break away goal.

If you take off the blinkers you'll see that we created fkall as per usual. We didn't really trouble them much even though we were dominant. Oh well a win is a win!!

Fred!!!!!!!!!! Bloody immense!!!

Alemar

Good performance and a deserved win.
Rashford and Fred - excellent.
McTominay, Lindelof and de Gea - very good
Not the best of games for James and Greenwood - they were average. Lingard in fact played just like them - he was average (which is a very big improvement over recent performances).

tactically OGS outsmarted Mourinho, which is a good sign.

Man of the Match

Marcus Rashford image Marcus Rashford 74% of 443 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 430 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw