PL D FA Premier League

Tottenham Hotspur 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Fri, 19 June 2020

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Shouldve won, we controlled everything and just fecked up on the goal. Is what it is, rescued the draw. Pogba and Bruno together will be fantastic, no doubt in my mind. Greenwood needs to be starting over James.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Imagine not starting Pogba and Greenwood. Would be hilarious if it wasn’t infuriating. We’ve had months to plan for this game and that’s what we came up with.

ReallyUSA

Everyone piled onto me for saying Pogba needed to start. Instantly changed the game. Rashford needed to be pulled

Nickosaur

I'm not gutted - lots of promise there.

Pogba didn't look rusty at all, Fernandes brilliant as usual, and I think Greenwood has so much more threat than James.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Bring Pogba, Ighalo and Greenwood on 10 mins earlier and we probably win that match.

Handré1990

We were much better, sadly a little rust here and there denied our victory. De Gea and Maguire bad for their goal. Pogba and Bruno can (should) absolutely play together.

dogwithabone

We played well, no complaints. After 3 months of no action I thought we were very good and by far the better side in every respect. Plenty of positives.

Tel074

Like most United fans I've been a huge DeGea fan but at the very least a question needs to be asked about his position as number one . I've never really seen Henderson playing so I can't really comment on him. That's cost us a huge 3 points tonight

el3mel

Some of the best attacking football I have seen for us in a big game. Shame about the draw but it's not a bad result. For the first match after the break, I'm pleased and impressed.

pablo__p

Not winning against these is poor af.

Martial shouldn't start unless he's much better than ighalo in training.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Probably a fair result, Spurs played like a side fighting off relegation, but we looked horrendous from the moment we conceded. Better once Pogba came on, but we mostly benefited from Dier being as dumb as a post.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
Much better second half, we were Jose’d in the first. Felt the game was there for the taking predicted 1-1 so no great shame. Have to bury Sheff United on Wednesday night now.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Only the Lord will know why we didn’t start Paul Pogba tonight.

RUCK4444

Pogba has to start next game, I don’t give a feck who we drop (other than Bruno) to get him on the pitch.

Edit: For the people wanting Pogba gone, watch back that first half compared to the second.

It’s an absolute nonsense, still the most gifted player in the team.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
With all the quality attacking talent, our only goal came from a penalty. We need a more progressive manager. If Pogba and Greenwood has started or even came on earlier, we would have thrashed this Spurs team

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Honestly looking at the game and the recruitment, you have to say the squad are moving in the right direction.

Maguire, Wan-Bissaka, Shaw, Pogba, Fernandes all a very good spine of the team, missing a good winger and striker.

The squad is a lot better than previous years.

Hephaestus

Good result I guess but the performance was worryingly disjointed. Pogba looked great when he came on but no-one else really stood out in a good way, even Bruno had his worst game so far.

RoyH1

Jose parked the bus and it’s hard to win against a team in that formation. We were the better team throughout and played to win. We lacked sharpness up front but with Pogba and Fernandes, we finally seem to have a world class midfield to compete with.

Ainu

Feels like a hugely missed opportunity due to trademark passiveness by Ole. Feels like we've been saying this for a long time now. I don't think he'll ever be good enough as a manager because of it.

Zen86

Such an infuriating f**king game. Stupid mistakes gifted them a goal in a game where Spurs otherwise offered very little. We were rusty but we should’ve won that. Then again, coming back from lockdown is probably the worst time to face a Mourinho team.

paulscholes18

Had Greenwood and Pogba started could well have been 3 points, Spurs are a side we really should be beating

Idxomer

James shouldn't be starting, he has no basics whatsoever. Greenowood at this stage is miles better.

Irrational.

Completely threw this one away. Pathetic.

Spurs came for the point and got it with their negative tactics.

The blame is on Ole for his delayed subs and shite game management, DDG for having spaghetti wrists and Maguire for being a tanker of a defender.

RedDevilRoshi

Not the worst result in the world. If only the subs were made sooner (Pogba & Greenwood), I think we would have won that game.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Honestly shocked how poor the play was at times, like the players had zero composure or ability. Players like Shaw, James, Martial need shipping out over the next 12 months.

Seeing us 36, 36! points behind Liverpool is depressing.

Snafu17

Playing a Mourinho side away and giving up the first goal is not a great idea. We've got about as much as we could out of the game.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Pogba should have started. We should have made subs earlier.

Having said that, we got done by a one-off mistake and pretty much dominated the game. We look like a team that'll do much better than Spurs if this was the start of the season.

Unfortunately, we are at the sharp end of the season and these dropped points will cost us. We can still catch Chelsea but Leicester might be out of the question now.

Pughnichi

Good to have football back. Thankful for at least a point after it didn’t look like happening before the changes. Can’t wait to see Greenwood starting with Bruno, Pogba and Rashford. I actually hope Ighalo gets the nod up top though. Shame we couldn’t finish them off with a couple of chances at the end.

reminded me what it was like to have Jose. Sit back and only when we equalised did they look even remotely interested. So glad he’s gone

SirScholes

Start pogba and greenwood and we win that game

Martial is the biggest fraud in the league he has no footballing brain and isn’t good enough to look half arsed

Fooza

We just won't get top 4, we always seem to lose points when we have the chance to gain.

dissapointing

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 55% of 301 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 336 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win