PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:6 Tottenham Hotspur

Post-match discussion

Sun, 04 October 2020

el3mel

Scandal. An absolute scandal from first degree.

Heads need to start rolling. Woodward and Ole shouldn't survive this.

AC1689

If I’m manager, I’m incensed. Livid. I walk straight off the pitch ready to give the players hell. Not start high-fiving every Spurs player I can find.

redom

The new normal, I don't even expect any sort of reaction to this performance and result, we're just as likely to wallow in it and produce similar next time around.

paulscholes18

Awful. Not to make a change when Martial got sent off was mind boggling, Fred for Greenwood and then keep it compact and try to get to H/T 2-1 down. But just collapse like that is unacceptable

Alias
Gutless, disgusting performance. An apology to the fans on behalf of him and his players on his post-match interview is the least that OGS should do.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
We scored a penalty. And lost 6-1.

I guess the first two games was a warning sign for this. I feel that if we keep Ole and sign a top player like Dembele or Sancho, he might go on another streaky run, but it will be the same thing over again. Ole is the problem. Give a proper manager more control of this team.

Leonzo1

Fine margins
The lads
Rashy
Unlucky
Sir Alex
Gotta take your chances

Have I missed anything?

SeaCarrot

The very last time I stay up to 3am for a United game in the foreseeable future. feck this manager, players, and board. League 1 standard.
not worth my time.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I'm actually embarrassed. Not angry or frustrated. Embarrassed: we would have lost to Luton playing like that. I almost gave everyone a 1. rating but decided to give Bruno a 2...

Lots of them should not be picked for next game - and Ole shouldn't be around to do the picking. Not sure there's much else to say

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Someone should inspect Carrington, I think there's a gas leak or something.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Utter lack of character all across the pitch. No leadership at all.

I have stood by Ole as I think he is doing some great things but that is just not acceptable.

As soon as Martial gets sent off the skipper should be bollocking them all to get in shape, and steady the ship.

Shaw and Pogba with petulant swings of the legs because they are frustrated, feck me

youngrell

That was the most gutless and Ill disciplined performance I can remember. So little honour for the club, fans and manager.

I didn’t expect us to try and get back in the game in the second half, but I expected that they would have been told not to lose a single 50/50 and to show they at least care a little bit.

Those players are lucky there were no fans.

Swearing Budgie

Great game. Really unlucky. Um... awful ref. Red card ruined it. We would have smashed them. They are cheats. Game raising bustards. Etc.

always_hoping

Thankfully the game is over, everything that could go wrong went wrong in that match. Writing was on the wall after poor team performances against average sides in Brighton,Palace.

Its going to be a long hard season ahead and the problem with this club is far deep rooted than just a manager.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Embarrassed, ashamed, humiliated, disgraced.

My first game was 1986, and I think that's the worst I've ever seen at Old Trafford. The players, the manager, the staff, the board; collectively we are in shambles. I'm deeply worried.
In fairness, you have not seen many games with no fans.

NK86

We are currently 16th with a -8 GD. Brilliant.

All the fitness talk will be served up again by Ole. If he cannot get the team fit by now, then he should feck right off.

Not that he will. He will wait for the sack to get his hands on the millions he will get from it.

abailey123

By Christ never mind £108 million for Sancho. Go and get Upamecano now.
Shambolic defensive display. Maguire seems as though he’s still in a Greek prison cell. Thank Christ we’re signing a new left back so Shaw doesn’t have to start.
Midfield of Pogba and Matic might have worked post lockdown but I’d prefer McTominay and Fred any day of the week as a 2 over them.

TommiHelm

Sancho is the answer to all our problems.

Honestly though. If people still think this is all down to how bad our players are individually, then I dunno, there's no hope.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Disappointed to lose out in such a tightly contested affair that could have gone either way. At least Fulham lost and Liverpool might do us a favour and beat Aston Villa and help us in our fight for survival!

Gordon S

I love Ole but no one should survive this.
They were just so much better at everything than us. We played just as bad as we did against Brighton and Palace but Spurs just have more quality and punished us for our mistakes.

Siorac

Well. This was a thing that happened.

After the international break, we have Newcastle away, and then... PSG A, Chelsea H, Leipzig H, Arsenal H. I expect nothing out of that run, honestly. Four defeats wouldn't be the least bit surprising.

soralapio

This is one of those times where I honestly have no idea where to go from here.

Just saying "it's one of those days, move on, focus on the next game" doesn't begin to cover it. The team looked completely clueless, without any organization or coherence. It was like you'd picked 11 guys out randomly and chucked them on the team without even knowing each others' names.

I honestly have no idea what is going on at Carrington, or how United even begin to turn this around. This isn't legs, this isn't fatigue from Europe, this isn't didn't have a proper pre-season, this is ... complete and utter dogshit. As bad a performance as we've seen since Moyes.

And yet, even if Ole were sacked tonight, I have zero faith it would solve anything. Even if the club somehow managed to attract a quality manager (which is highly questionable, because surely everyone knows the working conditions at United by now), would it actually help?

This club is proper fecked.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Scandal. An absolute scandal from first degree.

Heads need to start rolling. Woodward and Ole shouldn't survive this.
Woodward is safe his job is to bring in money which he does sadly he don't let others run the footballing part of Manchester United....

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Got what we deserved. The first two games should have been a huge warning.
Aye this has been coming, Neville was right about us being a shambles before the red card. Maybe the game doesn't play out exactly like that but we have issues that need fixing, tactically and player wise.

Player Ratings

2.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 426 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 27% Man Utd 2:1 Tottenham
  • 15% Man Utd 1:1 Tottenham