PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:6 Tottenham Hotspur

Post-match discussion

Sun, 04 October 2020

Superunknown

Spend the whole Summer chasing an attacking player.

Concede 11 goals in 3 games.

Andi Latte

Looking forward to seeing the usual supects blame the board, lack of transfers, shit players, cleaning lady etc.

What could our amateur manager possibly do?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Head should roll but they won't.

Another long season ahead. Sigh.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
The way we've started this season, this is not going to be the lowest point of the season unless something drastic happens.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Was not confident going in to it. I said we would get Mourinhoed, but we got Mouinhoed badly.

Mind you we done the hard part, in getting the goal. All we had to do then was hit them on the counter.

Spurs look coached and looked up for it. We did not. Mourinho as well would have been telling his players to get in our heads.

That we imploded after the sending off means the players are either not coached well enough or psyched enough or both.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That was fecking embarrassing. Is it even worth saying what's been repeated every single week? I'll do it anyway.
  • Shaw is fecking tumescent. Laughable for people to claim he is a quality player or would've started ahead of Reguilon or would start over Telles. Thank feck we signed Telles. Shaw will go firmly on the bench as he's a garbage footballer
  • Maguire is more and more looking like he just isn't someone who should be the main guy. He can be decent, but his head just isn't right at the moment, probably what happened in the summer affecting him.
  • Lindelof/Bailly/anyone else - all garbage. Sell them all and start over there.
  • Wan Bissaka - useless at all things apart from 1v1 defending... Fact we spent 45m on him is crazy.
  • Pogba - absolute joke. Please for the love of god please nobody say he's a world class player. He's a clown. He has no footballing intelligence, and isn't even that talented. He's a fecking shit midfielder. Got absolutely bossed by Hojbjorg, and it's not the first time he's been destroyed. Put him on the bench as he isn't good enough for anything more.
  • Ole - I like him of course, and this isn't all on him, but he is blatantly not the guy. Is it worth keeping him here, regardless of issues above him that will remain, when there is someone available with Pochettino who might actually just be the guy? It's like you're wasting time waiting for the inevitable to happen. Just make the change.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Joke from top to bottom. Club ran atrociously. Lead by a man who isn’t good enough to manage the club. Ole is not our man, Woodie is a prick, board don’t give a feck.

Jund

Finally! We dropped Lindelof. Now all we have to do is drop DDG and...hm...not sure...

Barthez

Let’s hope we get some players in. Still
Think Ole should stay as nothing to be gained by his departure

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I love Ole but no one should survive this.
They were just so much better at everything than us. We played just as bad as we did against Brighton and Palace but Spurs just have more quality and punished us for our mistakes.
except for a handful of games after lockdown, that's how we've been since he got the job full time. That's why he should go - love to think he's got the decency to do it of his own accord but...

I’ve been saying it for long now but we’ve needed Smalling. We are not a ball playing team let me repeat that We are not a ball playing team bring back Smalldini.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Time for Jones and Mike Smalling to rescue us?

K_Ash

stopped watching after 1-3 but all this is a result of the Negative energy around the club..Maguire has not recovered from the summer...Paul's covid..so many things..but That Martial's red/Lamela Free was like a Tsunami of more negative energy.
The board has no choice now, Sancho must be signed to turn that negative into positive. no choice

onemanarmy

Laughing stock of Europe. Belgian pundits going on about Ole, not the right person for this team. They say we should get Poch. I've always been a big Ole fan, but this just isn't enough.

I'm embarrassed. Not angry, just... depleted. Fecking hell :(

redom

We have conceded 11 goals in 3 league games. :lol:
Said in the match day thread that it was going to hurt our goal difference when trying to qualify for Europa at the end of the season, I might've been a bit optimistic.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
There is so much negativity around the club and this stems from a very poor transfer window.
Ole hasn't covered himself in glory either.
Sacking Ole won't really make much difference.

Pogba's best season was his first season with us and I do feel that he needs to go to a club which can use him as a luxury player to win big matches.
He is not a player who can get us a result when we need to play dirty.
I think he'd do well at Real Madrid or PSG. In fact, PSG would be perfect for him.

Revaulx

We're not fit enough or some BS like that.
Not really BS.

Jose’s Spurs look massively more hard working than his United ever did. Ole rightly complained about the lack of fitness/work rate in his first season, but it doesn’t look like he’s been able to fix it at all.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Drop Shaw, Pogba and Matic for Telles, VDB and Fred.

Looks like we'll be seeing Cavani soon.

feck off Taylor, VAR team and Lamela. Shit at everything you do.

ghagua

Looking forward to seeing the usual supects blame the board, lack of transfers, shit players, cleaning lady etc.

What could our amateur manager possibly do?
I wish I could rep this post if possible.

12oskell

Club is run by clueless owners, directors, manager and coaches. Been out played every game so far this season with a fair bit of money invested on the field for those players and a year of coaching on whatever style we are meant to be playing (bit less for Bruno). Our captain can’t even organise his back line and yet they expect him to lead a team. United hasn’t had a leader or someone with balls since Zlatan left. To quote Jose on Amazon, nice guys don’t win things. United aren’t nasty enough and too much of a push over.

luffy7

Shit manager, shit coaching. no amount of bringing new players will fix this. If these players are in another club, they will still play better football than in man utd. Cant even do simple defending and attacking.

matsdf

Referee needs to lose his job, that was disastrous.

Superunknown

*holds hand dramatically to my head*

If only there had been a transfer window open this whole time.

Devil may care

Usually to see a gaping hole like our midfield and defense you need to be looking between Adriana Chechik's arse cheeks.

Nothing to say about the forwards, this was all on the defense and midfield, a kamikaze and fridge combo in central defense and all the mobility and urgency of a corpse in midfield.

Disgraceful performance.

Player Ratings

2.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 426 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 27% Man Utd 2:1 Tottenham