PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:6 Tottenham Hotspur

Post-match discussion

Sun, 04 October 2020

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Credit to Shaw for facing camera

Al Capone

Where's that rag man's trumpet when you need it.
They all need taking to the courtyard and 40 lashes per hour every hour starting with woody and judge Judy the w@#$ stains!

diarm

Some gall sending Luke feckin Shaw out to face the cameras after that performance.

OldTrevil

Yeah Jim Beglin who is as ABU as you can get agreed that both deserved red
Terrible officiating, even with VAR supposedly there to help. I wouldn't expect nothing less from Premier League refs though, they've been awful ever since I started watching the league

LARulz

Yes I know Shaw (like all) was shit but it feels like he wants to say more but isn't

crossy1686

career ending
Sending Shaw out to do the post match interview feels a lot like making the retarded kid apologise to the whole school for shitting his pants during assembly.

pogs

That was just too painful to watch... I think I am done with this team.
Incompetence all around.. Glazers, Woodward, manager, players.. This is so frustrating, seeing no improvement year after year for 7 years...

Hackman2210

Ole should resign before hes sacked - no one would blame him for that. Worst Utd performance in years. I do not see what Pogba offers us in midfield - It Ole cant see that him and Matic are too slow together then maybe he deserves to go. No energy in the team today but Fred VDB and McT on the bench at least one of them should have started possibly two. Pogba - no desire to play and win at UTD. Fecking disgracful on all levels, the Glazers are parasites and are bleeding us dry. Woodward is the public face of the glazers and I for one would like to punch that face in...........

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
1. The defenders need to grow a set. Better communication. Defend like u mean it...Maguire. Full backs leaving so much space 2. Dont blame Ole. 3. The players KNOW we need players. Ole does. EVEN IF...we make signings now, they've created a bad vibe. And that will effect the players. Our best form of defence is attack but I think right now we're looking at the owners to not be the parasites we know they are ...because they are undermining managers. They are to blame because they are a shambles.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
On a serious note when every single player is seemingly poorly positioned, when there is no synergy and the players seem to not be at the required level of fitness, I don't look at them individually. People shouldn't fool themselves because they want to have a go at specific players, none of them were good, not even Fred, McTominay and VDB who were as bad as the rest when they came on despite what some seem to have imagined. We were still a mess positionally in the second half, the team was shapeless despite the fact that the coaching staff had 30 minutes(15 before half time and then half time) to think about what to do and how to explain it to the players.
Yeah, I’m not a fan of backseat management but when someone as clueless as me about top flight tactics can see how woeful our shape and organisation is on the pitch then that’s a damning fecking indictment of Ole and his team. Disgraceful performance.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Ole doesn't have a clue. Just random noises coming out of his mouth

tombombadil

They are totally mentally switched off. Spineless performance. Not mentally resilient at all.

They really need to be mentally protected and mentally reset.

That can only be achieved by cocooning them in a bubble. Ban all the players from social media and online news. Keep all the players together and build a siege mentality.

Find a leader on the pitch that everyone can turn to and depend on to inspire confidence.

tjb

On a serious note when every single player is seemingly poorly positioned, when there is no synergy and the players seem to not be at the required level of fitness, I don't look at them individually. People shouldn't fool themselves because they want to have a go at specific players, none of them were good, not even Fred, McTominay and VDB who were as bad as the rest when they came on despite what some seem to have imagined. We were still a mess positionally in the second half, the team was shapeless despite the fact that the coaching staff had 30 minutes(15 before half time and then half time) to think about what to do and how to explain it to the players.
Honestly, Ole wasn't prepared to start the season. It's been obvious since game 1. we can go around bashing some of the players that looked good last season, but the facts are there on the wall. AWB Maguire and Shaw who were great last season, all look really disoriented, disorganized and unfit this season. We seem really disorganized. Our attacking synergy is a little off, but the quality in those players still shine through when they get enough rythm going, but defensively something is really off about the shape. The ease at which we have been exposed this season is new. I don't believe it is the players on this one, even if it has to do with fitness, it is on Ole to make them fitter to start the season.

Bestofthebest

Looks like we are getting Telles after negotiating for an eternity. Appears we will pay more or less what Porto were asking for from the start. Talk about p*ss up in a brewery!!!

dinostar77

As much as i like Ole as an ex-player, when you see Biesla tactically out thinking Guardiola and the performances of the Leeds players on the pitch. You do have to wonder what a manager like him (proven elite manager) could do with this squad.

The biggest worry is the players dont look motivated or hungry. Thats really worrying.

FahadiHossein

I don't understand why OGS didn't learn from the defeat to Crystal Palace. Spurs were just waiting for us to commit the full back forward before hitting a long ball down the channel to a speedy forward. Whether or not the red card happened or not, Spurs knew exactly how to beat us. It was Zaha that time, then it was Son today.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I would also blame Greenwood and Maguire to be partly responsible for bringing this huge cloud of negativity over the club.

jasT1981

Looks like we are getting Telles after negotiating for an eternity. Appears we will pay more or less what Porto were asking for from the start. Talk about p*ss up in a brewery!!!
100% the standard for Utd transfers.

Get a price quoted day 1... spend the entire window trying to pay only half.

Pay full price on the last couple of days because the other team didn't budge like Woodward & Judge thought.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Shaw more on point than Solskjaer regarding not playing well enough even before the red card.

MrBrightside1989

They are totally mentally switched off. Spineless performance. Not mentally resilient at all.

They really need to be mentally protected and mentally reset.

That can only be achieved by cocooning them in a bubble. Ban all the players from social media and online news. Keep all the players together and build a siege mentality.

Find a leader on the pitch that everyone can turn to and depend on to inspire confidence.
International week really inhibits this idea. They do need a good whack with a Ferguson 'siege mentality'

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Phone rings...

Ed "hello"

Caller "Hi Eddie. This is Dortmund. You can have Sancho... for €150m"

Ed "hang on, it was €120m?!"

Dortmund "that was before 4.30 Ed. Lolz"

phone rings.

Ed "YES?!"

Caller "Hi Meester Ed, it's Porto here. We'd like to talk about Telles fee."

Don't want to be melodramatic and I'll watch all season hoping we improve, but feels like a combination of coaching and Ed/Judges transfer window has ruined this season. Hope not.

Phone rings...

Ed "hello"

Caller "Hi Eddie. This is Dortmund. You can have Sancho... for €150m"

Ed "hang on, it was €120m?!"

Dortmund "that was before 4.30 Ed. Lolz"

phone rings.

Ed "YES?!"

Caller "Hi Meester Ed, it's Porto here. We'd like to talk about Telles fee."

tjb

This is what concerns me. I'd have expected our coaching staff to make adjustments and set the players' heads straight, but they seemed to have given up as well. We didn't change much in our game, and the players looked disinterested in continuing on.
Our coaching staff did not prepare properly for the new season. In a season as important as this one is, that is poor form.

MattyB1986

Fair play to anyone who stayed to watch the end of that game. I went to go out, but still carried on watching. Ugh! that was easily the worst performance I've seen for years.

johanovic

Terrible officiating, even with VAR supposedly there to help. I wouldn't expect nothing less from Premier League refs though, they've been awful ever since I started watching the league
Are you fecking joking...this is the wort performance I´ve seen from a United team for ages...next you will propably say Pogba was playing well...OGS is done...Matic,Pogba should never play for this club again..Baily and Maguire are like dumb and dumber playing together and to many of these guy´s are not giving a feck with Pogba being the worst of the lot

Lee565

Spurs came to old trafford having to play 4 games in a week, not playing A full strength first 11 and were 2-1 up before martial's red card, there can be no excuses for how shambolic we were today.

Ole too weak to bench pogba, de gea or maguire no matter how poor they play.

Player Ratings

2.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 426 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 27% Man Utd 2:1 Tottenham
  • 15% Man Utd 1:1 Tottenham