PL W FA Premier League

Tottenham Hotspur 0:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 30 October 2021

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Three at the back is a viable system but the way we played it is quite defensive. Which obviously is the point, but it felt like a decision of last resort aimed at getting at least one clean sheet, than a long term switch that could offer some better overall balance. Our xG was 1.35, which showed that we were clinical rather than creating buckets. Will wait and see how our overall balance pans out.
Up to the first goal, i thought we were dominating.

Red00012

McT was excellent.

I think Fred not being quite as bad as usual has clouded my judgement. Any improvement on his usual standard is noticeable. He definitely faded in the 2nd half.
His professional foul that lead to his yellow was probably his best moment of the 2nd half . Need to see more of that shithousery, it would have lead to possibly Everton’s equaliser at OT and a few others

Litch

Happy we won but christ I hate playing with a back 5. Aside from lots of reasons, gonna have attacking young talent parked on the bench. Makes the Sancho signing look even more stupid.....

MrBest

The one against Spurs I believe. McTominay was really good today. Showed for the ball and carried it forward multiple times.
Im not disputing that he played decent today, but man of the match hands down from Ole's comment?

MrBest

What were you watching more like, Scott was class stood out the entire game.
Pipe down, did i say he played bad? The comment i reacted to was about how Ole said he was man of the match, hands down which he was not, and not close. He had a good game, did what he needed to but i thought other players were more worthy of man of the match.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Utd won. Top day out in London. Decent away end.

Be happy or have a word with yourself. Get MOTD on.

Polar

Pipe down, did i say he played bad? The comment i reacted to was about how Ole said he was man of the match, hands down which he was not, and not close. He had a good game, did what he needed to but i thought other players were more worthy of man of the match.
I think McT was man of the match:cool:

jmbmbPT

I am a portuguese Man Utd fan since that magnificent day in 1999. Ronaldo has only made my passion bigger. This is my first post in this forum and I only wanted to say: come on United!!! What a game today.

Devil may care

Happy we won, which is more I can say for some on here. That's all.
Fair enough, it's just papering over the cracks in my view, hard to be happy about continuing with a manager who is so clearly out of his depth.

Varane is :drool:

we need his composure.

Ronaldo and Cavani are a must going forward.
Need a winger to provide widget and supply crosses to Ronaldo and Cavani. That will be the achilles he’ll of this formation Vs better opposition because through the middle we rely to much on mistakes

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Absolutely, we should have really opened up and gone for it. A front line of Ronnie, Cavani, Sancho, Rashford and Greenwood would have shut those naysayers up. Midfields are overrated.

It was the right formation for today, solid performance, great result. Not sure what people were looking for today.
Yeah. There was actually a bit of balance to the team. Not having wingers who didn't track back really helped.

Spurs were awful it has to be said, but imagine if Romero hadn't been offside and we conceded first. Doubt we'd have won the game tbh.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Fair enough, it's just papering over the cracks in my view, hard to be happy about continuing with a manager who is so clearly out of his depth.
Possibly papering over yes, but we still won, convincingly so and with a clean sheet.
There are reasons to be happy you know!!

Devil may care

Possibly papering over yes, but we still won, convincingly so and with a clean sheet.
There are reasons to be happy you know!!
If you are happy with what we served up today against a zombie Spurs side that lack the get out of jail free cards we have, then cool, the longer we continue with Ole the games are meaningless, we'll win some as we have so many talented attackers, but not enough as Ole and his coaches have done nothing with the attack and the defensive answer they've came up with is a back 7 that became a back 8 for the last 20 minutes, there's nothing sustainable about that, it's the road to lots of draws against teams that are actually awake.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
If you are happy with what we served up today against a zombie Spurs side that lack the get out of jail free cards we have, then cool, the longer we continue with Ole the games are meaningless, we'll win some as we have so many talented attackers, but not enough as Ole and his coaches have done nothing with the attack and the defensive answer they've came up with is a back 7 that became a back 8 for the last 20 minutes, there's nothing sustainable about that, it's the road to lots of draws against teams that are actually awake.
Instead, let's hope the team loses every game.

Got it, thanks.

Crashoutcassius

when ole was well under his xg and xpoints the ole outers were quick to dismiss... suddenly today was a moral draw because we were only half a goal ahead of spurs on xg

Eddy_JukeZ

Spurs were horrific.

Good win, but this changes nothing. He still must go.

redshaw

Yeah. There was actually a bit of balance to the team. Not having wingers who didn't track back really helped.

Spurs were awful it has to be said, but imagine if Romero hadn't been offside and we conceded first. Doubt we'd have won the game tbh.
Nah.

We were creating lots of problems for them from the start, easily one of those games where we go a goal down and I'm not worried and we had plenty in the last year or two to get a feel for them.

tjb

One thing I will saw. I've always felt Ole has never known how to properly get our wingers into the game. Our forwards have always been better when a narrow 2 striker system has been used.

The game also emphasized the fact that our structure this season has been awful. Bruno is brilliant in so many periods of a game. His quick, decisive play should work in any scenario. When we actually are attacking and our attackers actually have support around them, there is noone aside from Messi who has been more consistent. Same thing can be said about Ronaldo. If you create chances, there's no better striker in world football. Yet for some reason, despite us having systemic issues that stop them from performing in the positive ( in which they see the ball more) environments some our rivals play in , these two who have proven their quality keep being the ones to get the brunt of the blame.

Flying_Heckfish

Nice to win, and the clean sheet finally. Enjoy it while it lasts! There was spirit in the team today, these guys clearly have passion for the club and are at the very least proper pros.

Spurs were definitely crap and extremely negative. NES won't last much longer than Ole.

We can't play 5 at the back against every team though, if that becomes the default then the Utd we know are gone. We need to work out how to play a 4-3-3, or hire someone who can.

OmarUnited4ever

I'm saying look at more than just the scoreline and the bigger long term picture while we have such a crap manager.
you are not wrong with regards to the issues of Ole being a terrible coach, and the issues of the team's overall performances this year and all that, i also want Ole to be let go asap.

But you can also be happy with today's win, even though we beat a crap Spurs.

the two thoughts ( Ole out & happy with the win today) aren't mutually exclusive.

Devil may care

you are not wrong with regards to the issues of Ole being a terrible coach, and the issues of the team's overall performances this year and all that, i also want Ole to be let go asap.

But you can also be happy with today's win, even though we beat a crap Spurs.

the two thoughts ( Ole out & happy with the win today) aren't mutually exclusive.
They are directly in conflict as it obviously buys him more time, if he sneaks a draw vs City he'll be stinking the joint out into 2022, it's like you've got an itch and to stop it you're scratching it with a razor blade. It's just so hard to feel anything but frustration imo.

crossy1686

career ending
I knew this would bloody happen. He always does this. Now we're fecking stuck with him
Even if we lose the next two games or more convincingly? Surely the results are more important than sacking a manager?

who really gives a shit if we win most of our games now and win a trophy this season? Sometimes it takes something drastic for someone to start taking proper risks and stumble upon something that works.

Either way, if results don’t improve he’s gone, if they do, he stays and we get to watch United win and play well. We get what we want either way.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Try and think of it as if we win games we are getting three points and remove Ole from the equation. If we do inevitably lose a game then you can also see that as a potential opportunity that Ole will finally go.. so win win. Don’t get to down about it all... whatever will be will be and you get to just enjoy the wins as they come.

OmarUnited4ever

They are directly in conflict as it obviously buys him more time, if he sneaks a draw vs City he'll be stinking the joint out into 2022, it's like you've got an itch and to stop it you're scratching it with a razor blade. It's just so hard to feel anything but frustration imo.
Fair enough. of course I didn't mean to dictate to you how you should feel, so my apologies on that, and I get your frustrations, but for me, with the shit week we've gone through last week, I enjoyed today's win

OneUnited24

I knew this would bloody happen. He always does this. Now we're fecking stuck with him
I don’t understand comments like this. I’m happy we won and will enjoy it. We have a important game midweek so I would rather go in with some confidence than on the back of a defeat. What ever happens with ole will happen during the international break. And I personally think he’ll be replaced no matter what happens

Devil may care

Try and think of it as if we win games we are getting three points and remove Ole from the equation. If we do inevitably lose a game then you can also see that as a potential opportunity that Ole will finally go.. so win win. Don’t get to down about it all... whatever will be will be and you get to just enjoy the wins as they come.
I just can't look at it that way mate, I want to see United building something sustainable, not just lucking a few wins here and there because our attackers are so talented they can cover sone games for an incompetent manager, I also worry that the younger members of the squad are nit getting the level of coaching needed to rake their games to the next level.

Fair enough. of course I didn't mean to dictate to you how you should feel, so my apologies on that, and I get your frustrations, but for me, with the shit week we've gone through last week, I enjoyed today's win
Also fair enough mate and i wasn't upset with your suggestion, I'm just weary after nearly a decade of this garbage and nothing changing, and the biggest worry is the Glazers have found their ideal manager in a puppet like Ole.

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 332 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 11% Tottenham 1:1 Man Utd
  • 11% Tottenham 2:0 Man Utd