PL W FA Premier League

Tottenham Hotspur 0:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 30 October 2021

Andersons Dietician

Much better performance and giving the impression of actually being a team. Wasn’t perfect but we did look so much better and more organised than we have for a very long time.

Just got to wonder why has it taken so long and why now after a hiding. The things the team were doing in this game are things that should have been happening last season.

Great goal by Ronaldo, fantastic finish by himself and Cavani. I thought Bissaka was really good. And Varane is absolute class.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Good to see we are already preparing players for the arrival of Conte. It began as a caretaker and it's ending as a caretaker.

Laurencio

Defensively we were very good. Big test against City, if we can be as solid against them, we've got a shot to claw this back.

Ronaldo was brilliant, Cavani was good for most of the match and Bruno did well to help unlock and pressure the defence.

I'm not convinced by our midfield, but McT did quite well. Fred just doesn't look composed on or off the ball.

Flexdegea

Most solid we have looked all season.

Great turn around.

I know a lot of people prob raging we have won, but I was loving that. Was panicking arsenal where ahead of us earlier :lol:

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Win 3-0, Goldbridge is losing his mind with rage.

Shut up Mark.
You are a troll posting lies. He is not losing his mind with rage. He is happy with the win, but reacts like most of us. The entusiasm is gone.

Aljib

Ronaldo's goal sumptuous, Cabani's goal cheeky, Rashford's goal routine.

Spurs do really look toothless, they kind of remind me of us, a couple of matches ago.

Ole need to find some solid and convincing basis to work on otherwise his head will always be on the chopping block.

MrSingh2002

Spurs were awful.

Ole clearly picked a 5 at the back for the next few games to be less leaky.

Can he keep some tension in the performances or will be go back to being a soft touch at some point in the future.

Who knows.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
I like how Ole made gestures referencing wheels turning right after the first goal.

Biggins

Good win but my god Spurs were awful. Awesome goal by Ronaldo.

I said it in the sack watch thread but I found the celebrations on the bench to be quite subdued and muted, almost like they knew a new manager was going to come.
Or they just know that they need more games like that to save their jobs. I think it is clear Ole got until next international break to turn things around. In the circumstances, I don’t expect the coaching team to go overboard with celebrations after the first step out of three.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
We got it pretty much spot on today to be fair. That doesn't mean everyone played flawlessly but our tactics were on point and the players were trying to do the right thing most of the time. Good stuff. And great goals.
I was hoping see Cavani and Ronaldo start up front together so that was fun too.

LoneStar

Let's just enjoy the win without thinking about Solskjaer's future. I believe we all need this.
I agree. It was good to see the players giving it their all today, and resembling a decent team. Contrast that to Spurs, where it was very clear that they have given up on their manager.

I hope we carry this energy to the Atalanta game. That’s the biggest one for me, and after today’s performance, looks like the players will at least be motivated to take them on. They will be a vastly different challenge though.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
You are a troll posting lies. He is not losing his mind with rage. He is happy with the win, but reacts like most of us. The entusiasm is gone.
Where was this outrage when we beat Man City with the same tactic? I recall him being extatic.

How hard can it possibly be to enjoy winning a game of football?

PeteManic

Great performance. 3 CBs change worked extremely well. Team played VERY close together. Plenty of pressing in packs when the time called for it. A lot of organisation and energy. Great result.

Rex Banner

Great result and we might have stumbled on a working formation - Cavani was a major factor but Ronny still grabbed MOM.

Nice to see Ole take the 3 talisman off to give them some rest.

Levy must be having a weep to himself not cashing in on Kane who was absolutely woeful !
I thought the formation worked but where does that leave Sancho if we move to this permanently? Rashford and Greenwood could play up front but don't see where Sancho would fit in.

siw2007

Wow, Spurs are terrible! But in all seriousness that was a good team performance from the players, it wasn’t pretty but we defended well and worked hard, so it was a deserved win.

Ronaldo’s goal was excellent and that was his best performance this season, happy to see Cavani on scoresheet too. Hats off to AWB who was very good today as was Varane and Scott.

RedIan

Much needed win. Solid hard working performance with some class from Ronaldo Cavani and Bruno.
varane class in defence… Scott Mc had a good game.

Spurs we’re very poor, little threat other than from corners.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
All those fans who wanted us to lose and calling for Ole's head, should really look at themselves in Harry's mirror.

Andre Kagawa

GlastonSpur defending Rashford from abuse over at The Fighting Cock. He's one of us!

VP

We actually looked well- drilled defensively today.

Maybe this is the future: compact shape and hope our front three work their magic. It's still an abject waste of talent and unlikely to win trophies but better than our previous approach.

Irwin99

The system looked far better, Ronnie's strike was beautiful and from then on it was counter attack. Spurs were diabolical there's no debating that but you can only beat what's in front of you. Much better performance.

Interesting to see if we persist with the 5-3-2. It certainly looked a safer bet defensively and allowed for a decent counter but it also takes out of the side several of our wide men (including our 70 million signing), a position which is probably our strongest.

BorisManUtd

I underestimated how bad Spurs are. Terrible performance from them. The amount of space Rashford got before his goal :lol: he was even
irritated by one of our players for not passing the ball in space towards him to get him clean on goal, and then 5 seconds later Matić was allowed by Spurs players to do just that. Joke defending.

Better from United. Hope for a good result against Atalanta, big game and I'm sure Ole will go with the same formation again.

Saddy

I thought the formation worked but where does that leave Sancho if we move to this permanently? Rashford and Greenwood could play up front but don't see where Sancho would fit in.
Right wing back would be the attacking choice ?

Laurencio

Behind them in the Bruno role. Sancho is versatile enough for that. The bigger question is where would Pogba play?

Al-T

Happy weekend, particularly with Citeh losing to Palace and the dippers dropping points at home to Brighton.

PaulRich

Good response but the level of that Spurs performance was right down there with ours last week

NoMidfielders

Good win which will probably keep ole in the job even if we lose by 4 or 5 to city. He got what he needed today although Spurs should have put us away first half.

Ralaks

Probably the least celebrated United victory by fans, and the most celebrated by rivals. Should say it all really

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 332 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 11% Tottenham 1:1 Man Utd
  • 11% Tottenham 2:0 Man Utd