CL L Champions League Group H

Valencia 2:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 12 December 2018

LordSpud

I'll beg Liverpool to not damage us too much...

Last edited by a moderator:

mu4c_20le

Another disjointed performance. Some of the young players were enthusiastic but the overall mood was depressing.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Genuinely the worst United game I remember watching. Well, until 85 minutes when we committed more than 1 person forward. It’s football suicide.

Foxbatt

Sack him now. Anyone but Jose would be still better. Even Fat Sam now. Nothing can be worse than this.

Chairman Steve

First of all, I’d like to make an apology to the universally hated 13/14 season.

I’m sorry that I hated you so much because the 18/19 season is worse than you at this point.

At least Moyes tried to get us good, in his first season after replacing arguably the GOAT of managers. At least Woodward seemingly tried to get us to sign players even though they were way too ambitious and impossible as well as it was his first season as the man running things.

This season is way worse. This season has been seemingly sabotaged before it even began. The board won’t provide transfer funds to a manager they gave a contract extension too at the start of the year. Jose Mourinho gets rightfully annoyed but doesn’t quietly get on with it and his mood seemingly filters down to the squad and neither Jose or the most of the squad give two fecks.... resulting in a depressing pre season and letdowns after letdowns for performances.

I thought teams were supposed to get better the longer the manager worked with the team? We’ve actually got worse ever since we signed Sanchez. We have reputedly one of the best managers of all time who supposedly knows how to spend money and get short term success. He’s in his 3rd season and we’re playing as worse as we have been since Sir Alex left. He’s had 5 transfer windows to shift obvious deadwood and bring in new players. He still has no idea what his best 11 is... which is a pretty huge red flag to me.

And whilst in 13/14 Utd stuck by the principle to back Moyes and probably should have learned some lessons off the back of it, it looks like we’re potentially going to the same with Jose with what we’re going to do with him. Everyone knows he isn’t going to be here next season but the board are going to prolong the agony by making us wait... knowing before the season started they weren’t going to back him, meaning we have a manager who doesn’t give a feck and is waiting to be paid out.

Cloud7

Feels pretty numb to be honest. Wasn’t expecting a good result. Just really apathetic to the state of things right now. We’re just spinning around in a really small circle these days.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Enjoyed that. Unlucky at the end.

Paul778

Did i miss much?

I got in and caught the last 10 mins. Same old omnishambles?

EwanI Ted

This season is shaping up to be worse than Moyes’ time in charge. Dreadful performance.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Dire to be honest. So disappointed the likes of Fred, Pereira and indeed Pogba couldn't grasp that opportunity in an away CL game.

We've got to hope they were told to go through the motions tonight (as shameful as that is in of itself) and we'll be up for it on Sunday.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Woeful but did not expect anything otherwise.

Lose to Pool and i think he is walking the plank.

joedirt87

Short of Besiktas this team aint beating a group winner. The only question left is if Mourinho will still be managing come the Ro16.

Minimalist

Missed the first 30 minutes.

Then chose to miss the last 15.

Thanks Jose.

Aresma7

We didn't even try to play until we were two down. My god how bad is Antonio Valencia, did he even have one successfull cross?

Copa Mundial

Oh how I wish for a midfield of Kleberson and Djemba-Djemba right now!

Fred and Pereira were absolutely dreadful!

El Zoido

Shite. Would take not getting thrashed at the weekend. This club is proper depressing right now.

MonkeysMagic

Watching Utd is like purgatory...the awfulness if this collection of players, I refuse to call them a team, is so stark I cannot believe that we ever manage to muster a win in any game.

King Eric 7

We are game raising cnuts. Better to face a decent team next - we'll probably do better than against an inferior team. Also, we are not winning the CL, so whether we go out sooner rather than later is neither here nor there.

Player Ratings

4.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 255 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Valencia win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 27% Valencia 1:1 Man Utd
  • 14% Valencia 0:0 Man Utd