CL L Champions League Group H

Valencia 2:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 12 December 2018

minoo-utd

If we played like men we would have been first and avoid many strong teams. But Jose didn't expect anything more than second! What can you say for such a coward!

Hope we never see Jones, Rojo, VALENCIA,and Lukaku again this season at least.

Surely Jose will blame Pogba?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I hate Lukaku and Valencia with a passion.
For me it's P.Jones.
The guy won Chelsea the FA Cup last season.
He helps Spurs to a 3-0 win this season.
And after providing a goal and an assist to the opponent today, he really out did himself.
Without doubt one of our worst players.

Reynoldo

I thought relax, enjoy the game tonight, we are already through, see some of the fringe players get a chance but no...we find a way to frustrate even more. We are unbelievably bad.

Moiraine

For the first time I am actually thinking I have wasted 2 hours of my life. Never felt that in any of United's Matches. Not even under LVG.

nesty

Don't even bother to sit and watch a full match anymore. Drab, boring, useless nonsense.

AndyMUFC

Well, that was absolute shite. It's what the players deserve because if they'd have put in an ounce of the effort they did in the last 10 minutes we'd be topping the group. Do they not want to get into the team? Rashford, Lingard and Young proved why they play when they got on.

Move on and fast.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Its painful to watch our matches when its so obvious we are going to continue playing like this until Jose is gone

redom

It's quite impressive how inept we manage to look at times, for the vast majority of the game it looked like a bunch of strangers playing together. We have barely any cohesive or team oriented patterns to our play in either attack or defense, we really do look like a bunch of headless chickens far too often.

BigRon1985

Depressing stuff against a mid table team in their own country. Juventus losing makes it worse - a lost opportunity to top the group!

Last edited:

Camilo

No idea what that was all about. Awful. Time to go Jose.

Ekeke

Our left side of Rojo and Andreas was completely exposed by Soler and Piccini - which is normally not Valencia's danger side. Most of the time its Gaya and Guedes on the left, but neither started today. Soler has been their star player this season in the champions league though and now has 2 goals and 2 assists.

Other than that the team probably did what Mourinho sent them out to do. We had the majority of the ball, our midfield had the most touches and passes. We didnt threaten Valencia's goal but I think thats usual for us. We tend to just try and stay in matches and then try to win at the end.

After half time though our midfield wasnt so on top. Valencia's played better than in the first half. Valencia's midfield was more combative while ours were mostly interested when they had the ball with less energy spent trying to win it back. Other than Fellaini who did battle for the ball throughout. Pogba was only functional when we had the ball and he was the worst of our CMs in the first half imo. Fred 1 block 1 tackle, not nothing like Pogba but not as competitive as Valencia's midfield. Andreas grew into the game a while after he went central thats about the only positive.

ZlatMan

Somehow Jose is at fault for losing a meaningless match that we were already qualified regardless of outcome.:smirk:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Valencia was awful, Fred woeful, Jones shockingly poor. But the biggest standout is the complete lack of tactical awareness from both players and management.
What was that formation in the first half? Still trying to work it out, if I can't grasp it watching then Christ knows what's its like playing that way.
It's also alarming how many of our players look to move backwards instead of making an overlapping run, the basic fundamentals of cohesive attacking.
Woeful, the weekend will be catastrophic if we play like that.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Absolute utter utter garbage. Shows how much confidence the whole squad is lacking when you put some second stringers out and it looked bad. Probably going against the Caf but i'm not buying the narrative on Pogba is ****. He looks decent for France, he looked a world beater at Juve and yet we can't get a tune out of him. Think it says more about the coach and where he is played than the player himself. Granted hes a bit of a walking circus. Lukaku wow what to say. We buy him to bully, intimdate and push defenders back to the edge of their own box. You can only do that if you play the ball in the channel. We play it in to feet to a big guy with a poor first touch that isn't getting better. It's just all wrong.

Canagel

What a sorry excuse of a football team we are. No attacking patterns, no movement, ،nothing. Valencia were cutting though our defence easily at times, the quality of the chances they were making ... it looked very simple. Don't deserve to be through in the CL really in the performances.

Josep Dowling

In the grand scheme of things the results means nothing. No one would have put Juventus to lose tonight.

The issue is yet another performance where we just don’t turn up. We didn’t get a shot on target in the first half yet again. Pogba doesn’t look interested, Lukaku can’t control a football. Players arent making runs, no movement off the ball, no tempo in our play. It feels like we set up to draw every game.

All we have learnt is what we already knew. Fellaini can’t play central midfield, Pogba wants to leave, Jones is shite and half the squad isn’t playing for the manager. When will this torture end.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
In a way, I'm glad we didn't win this. The sooner we get kicked out of the CL, the sooner Jose gets sacked. Hope we draw Barca next round.

As for the game itself, what a disgrace,as usual. It's okay to lose these days, despite who we are, the potential we have and the money we've spent compared to other European clubs. Jose will still be around, our players will continue to suck and the nightmare will go on.

Hopefully don't have to bear with this post February.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Good, done and dusted.
Meaningless game.
Jose's plan worked excelent.
Everybody thinks Klopp troops will kill us.
And they are all in for a surprise.
You people know nothing.

P.S. I miss United of old, and want it back!!!!!!
(goes away and cries)

paulscholes18

I’m watching it - I bet we win! We always perform when our backs are against the wall. Back to normal against Cardiff next game mind you! :(
Liverpool next, if the last two games at Anfield are anything to go by it be a shit game that ends 0-0

Player Ratings

4.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 255 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Valencia win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 27% Valencia 1:1 Man Utd
  • 14% Valencia 0:0 Man Utd