FA W FA Cup 3rd Round

Manchester United 1:0 Watford

Post-match discussion

Sat, 09 January 2021

GazTheLegend

Abysmal watch but for as long as I've watched United every time we rest a whole team it's always disjointed as feck and people complain that our backups aren't good enough
Remember when Lingard was a first 11 player for us :(

I think McTominay, Henderson and Maguire the only players that come out of this one looking like Premier League footballers.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not a great team performance, but we won and did what we needed to do. A couple of decent individual performances but it was mostly the second string. I thought Axel did really well, Bailly too until he had to come off. Nicely taken goal from Scott and getting a clean sheet is a decent step for us since it feels like we’ve struggled for them this season.

OneUnited24

We won and gave a lot of first teamers a rest. Wasn’t a great game but hopefully the likes of the first team are fresh for the next two games

slored1

Hope this is the last we saw of Lingard in a United shirt.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Shame about Bailly, but pleased to get a win and a clean sheet with a team that's nowhere near used to playing together and lacking sharpness. Dull as feck, but who cares.

Now for some proper football.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
The magic of the FA Cup.

God, that was awful.

I thought Igahlo might've got a quick run out against his old club. Particularly as I completely forgot he was still here until he was named on the bench.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Exactly as I expected. Sluggish 1-0 win by the second string.

VDB looking closer to that Ajax return for £20m in the summer.

Heartless Ole with no game for Ighalo.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Am I the only one who thought we were really comfortable?

Hendo barely had anything to do.

roseguy64

Meh. Were the better team for most of the match. Just didn't have enough in the final third to kill off the game with the chances we made.

Disappointed Ighalo didn't get brought on for Mata late in the match as someone to hold up the ball and also for a final appearance.

lost7

I was hoping all players that don't get enough minutes would try to impress today, but that was a snoozefest against a very poor side. We move on, but no wonder Bruno can't get a rest anytime we face a decent team

Gordon S

We won, only thing that matters in these kind of games.
Gutted for Bailly, hope he is ok.

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Pretty poor performances all over the pitch. Even in the first twenty minutes, when we played some decent football, we only had one shot on target. Not good enough.

always_hoping

Job done, 3rd round home exits to Swansea 2014 and Leeds 2010 not allowed to be repeated. Nine changes, a win and a clean sheet.

Knowing Ole's lack of luck in draws he'll likely get Liverpool, Man City in these upcoming 4th and 5th round draws.

MrBest

I missed the first half, Bailly got injured as usual?
Not really his fault though, freak incident. Usually he gets injured because of his own clumsy self. Hopefully not too bad, glad he came off, we need him for Liverpool.

Nero

No need for any moaning after that.

That was your classic FA Cup home tie against lower league opposition and playing a fully rotated squad.

Seen this performance for the past 30 years. Remember the 1-0 win over Crawley in 2011? Or the 0-0 at home to Exeter in the mid 00s? Now that was life drainer.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Expected level of performance when a team is put together of squad players who get very few minutes and who don't play with each other week in, week out. That said, they could have still done better job by not being sloppy and not rushing things in attacking 3rd. Bring on Chorley in round 4!

Wilt

Apart from crocking Bailly, Hendo had nowt to do

kirk buttercup

Shit game. But we are through , James and Lingard not going to cut it get rid of them . McT was good. On to Burnley

rooney2009

into the next round
hopefully no major injuries
VDB looks worse than Andreas..He needs to start taking his chances against this lesser teams
Bring on Burnley

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Poor game but hardly surprising considering both teams fielded sides full of unfit players.

Still, we're through and our first team got a well-earned rest too. It's all good.

greatscott9930

Supports
St. Louis City Soccer Club
Not much to say about that really. The game was dull for the better part of 80 minutes. We won, which was good. Kinda irritated we even played Rashford, Martial, and Maguire (the latter required due to the injury obviously).

Red Royal

Job done, 3rd round home exits to Swansea 2014 and Leeds 2010 not allowed to be repeated. Nine changes, a win and a clean sheet.

Knowing Ole's lack of luck in draws he'll likely get Liverpool, Man City in these upcoming 4th and 5th round draws.
Exactly this. This game doesn't matter come April/May other than we got through with out injuries (except Bailly) and most got a good rest.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Not really his fault though, freak incident. Usually he gets injured because of his own clumsy self. Hopefully not too bad, glad he came off, we need him for Liverpool.
Ah that's good then (taking into consideration its Bailly and he usually injures himself).

Drainy

People will go overboard because the performance was awful. Plenty of rusty players who have not really played together it was always going to happen.

Would have been nice to see more youngsters than just Greenwood and Williams but it is what it is.

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 184 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Watford win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 30% Man Utd 2:0 Watford
  • 26% Man Utd 3:0 Watford