PL L FA Premier League

Watford 4:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 20 November 2021

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I think I definetly see the reaction, Ole. Yep, 10 days in Norway and you look even worse. It actually looked like a pre season shit show in the 1st half. What is this board seeing? How the hell can we be this incompetent to keep supporting this coaching setup. 2 weeks to get rid of him and they just send him on holiday.
No top football people at the top of the power structure. Our attempt to replicate the success of Bayern Munich in hiring former players as staff has been a failure. Please bring Warren Joyce back to coach the youth team while you're at it, you know, the guy who kept them at the top of the league?

Jimmyheals

The irony of today was, if Harry hadn’t cost Ole his job, VDB probably would have saved it.

rpg

I would take a 5-0 lose next week if it can get Ole and his assistants out.

JeffFromHK

The irony of today was, if Harry hadn’t cost Ole his job, VDB probably would have saved it.
Yes, actually it is his favorites (Maguire, McTominay, Shaw, awb) that cost his job and his foes almost saved him (Sancho, vdb)

It shows what a bad football decision maker Ole is.

peridigm

I mentally switched off in the middle of the first half. My father in law showed up and wanted a game of chess so I obliged. Had the match on the TV and was half listening. Didn't need to look because the commentary said it all. That Maguire tackle and 2nd yellow plus the high five from Ole as he trots off was typical of the state of this squad and coaching staff. Can't wait til we have a new competent manager. By sounds of it, that may not be anytime soon.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Of course. In no way that a few thousand of fans can represent tens of millions United fans out there.

But those in the stadium are on TV, and seen as to represent United fans. Whatever they do on live TV have "United fan" label attached to them.
Maybe there should be an online poll of global fans to tell the matchgoing ones how to behave and whether they should boo or cheer.

bonothom

His downfall this season is definetly sticking by his un-dropables. VDB should have been given an extended run in the team 6 games ago. I'd like to see what Ten Hag would do with this squad but I doubt theres a chance of that happening.

croadyman

We literally were a Watford encroachment from conceding FIVE against a team who were 17th which is utterly astounding

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Maybe there should be an online poll of global fans to tell the matchgoing ones how to behave and whether they should boo or cheer.
MEH,, They have the right to do whatever they want, I reserve the right to criticize them if i think they do wrong. As long as they carry the "United fans" label, I'd give a feck on what they're doing.

Just like when Keano said they were a bunch of prawn sandwich eaters. It doesn't mean they need to ask Keano what to do when in the stadium.

Them forking out hard-earned money doesn't mean that they could do nothing wrong. Don't you think so?

Last edited:

Daengophile

How on earth do some of the best players in the world seem to be completely devoid of footballing nous?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
MEH,, They have the right to do whatever they want, I reserve the right to criticize them if i think they do wrong. As long as they carry the "United fans" label, I'd give a feck on what they're doing.

Just like when Keano said they were a bunch of prawn sandwich eaters. It doesn't mean they need to ask Keano what to do when in the stadium.

Them forking out hard-earned money doesn't mean that they could do nothing wrong. Don't you think so?
Ultimately, if they pay their money to be there they can do what they want regardless of what others prefer. I do think it's a bit rich for me or anyone else sat watching it on a stream on the laptop to moan at the match going fans' actions though, but I guess it's a free country. You just can't expect them to pay any heed to it.

GueRed

Cannot wait for the customary apologies from the players on social media and the "we go agains".

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Ultimately, if they pay their money to be there they can do what they want regardless of what others prefer. I do think it's a bit rich for me or anyone else sat watching it on a stream on the laptop to moan at the match going fans' actions though, but I guess it's a free country. You just can't expect them to pay any heed to it.
I don't expect anyone here to pay any heed on what I'm saying. Doesn't stop me posting thousands of posts :lol: :lol:

It's been proven for years that whatever they're doing in the Stadium seems like don't matter to the Board/owner, anyway. The latter still sacked him at the end.

julianfr

What happened there between Bruno and the United fans? He was mouthing at them and Fred pulled him away
Seems like he was having a go at the fans for booing Ole.

I'm sorry but what right does he have? If it was on the players then he should have bloody led by example on the pitch!

Also those same supporters he was admonishing were also the last bastion of Ole backers who had had enough.

You're a class act Bruno but the club is bigger than any one person. We're allowed to rant when our club is being dragged through the mud by mediocrity.

julianfr

Doesn't matter who the manager is, these are cowards this group of players.
Really? All of them? Why are the players always called cowards? We had the same comments coming through when Mourinho was here.

Is this like football manager where we only sign players with 1 for Bravery?

Newtonius

You know its so frustrating reading those De Gea comments post match it really is, just highlights how much time this club has wasted on incredibly inept staff.

Anyone remember this interview? There really isn't a lot of the difference between the two, IIRC it was why he was stripped of his captaincy too, for how honest it was at a time when Ole was under immense pressure.

"It is not acceptable, not just this game but the whole season," De Gea said.

"It is the most difficult time since I have been here. I don't know what is happening. We cannot even score one goal in two games."

Asked what United need to improve after a torrid start to the campaign, De Gea replied: "Everything."

"We didn't create any proper chances. We defended well. The team needs to step up. We have some big injuries but that’s no excuse. We are Manchester United, we need to keep training hard, fighting and winning games.

"A lot of things to improve. I don’t know what to say. Keep trying, fighting, improving every day. It’s a hard moment for us."
When was this interview you ask? Oct 2019 when Longstaff scored in the 1-0 loss at Newcastle, you know that period with Pereira/Lingard at CAM seeing us slide down the table when he should have been sacked? Before Bruno came in that January and papered over the cracks for another year? fecking unbelievable.

Last edited:

Can7onA

Really? All of them? Why are the players always called cowards? We had the same comments coming through when Mourinho was here.

Is this like football manager where we only sign players with 1 for Bravery?
Yep every single one of them.

Your being facetious but have you seen the never say die attitude from these players this season?

Have you feck.

Foxbatt

No player wants to lose a match. But when things do not work out they look at the coach to get things right and counter the opposition. When this does not happen they lose faith with the coaching and try to do things on their own. This makes it worse. This is what I have noticed for sometime with United. We tend to lose the whole thing mentally.
when Watford pushed on us, we did not know what to do. Good coaches can change things instantly. When you look at the players we have and what Watford has, they are not even on the same level at all.
Every United fan knows that Foster cannot kick, yet we did not get him to kick under pressure. So many things wrong. Even Maguire's red card was because as last man he tried to dribble with the ball. He tries it all the time. Stepping out from defence is what some call it. Bollocks. He does it because he is not told not to do it or not coached not to do it.
When you have possession you have to make the field larger. When you try to come out from defence in normal circumstances, you are going to congest and already congested pitch and also give the opposition time to get back in space.
Terrible coaching is what we have at United.

Denis79

No player wants to lose a match. But when things do not work out they look at the coach to get things right and counter the opposition. When this does not happen they lose faith with the coaching and try to do things on their own. This makes it worse. This is what I have noticed for sometime with United. We tend to lose the whole thing mentally.
when Watford pushed on us, we did not know what to do. Good coaches can change things instantly. When you look at the players we have and what Watford has, they are not even on the same level at all.
Every United fan knows that Foster cannot kick, yet we did not get him to kick under pressure. So many things wrong. Even Maguire's red card was because as last man he tried to dribble with the ball. He tries it all the time. Stepping out from defence is what some call it. Bollocks. He does it because he is not told not to do it or not coached not to do it.
When you have possession you have to make the field larger. When you try to come out from defence in normal circumstances, you are going to congest and already congested pitch and also give the opposition time to get back in space.
On top of all that we rewarded poor form. Instead of creating a competetive atmosphere among our players the same eleven played almost every game, no matter how poorly they performed.

julianfr

He’s lost the players completely now. No coming back for him.
Yep every single one of them.

Your being facetious but have you seen the never say die attitude from these players this season?

Have you feck.
Have you not seen how many times we've snatched victory from the jaws of defeat? If that's not an example of "never say die" then I don't know what is. Guess it isn't cos it won't fit your narrative.

Can7onA

Have you not seen how many times we've snatched victory from the jaws of defeat? If that's not an example of "never say die" then I don't know what is. Guess it isn't cos it won't fit your narrative.
There is no narrative.

Relying on Ronaldo to dig us out of the shit because he is a once in a lifetime footballer is not a never say die attitude. Not everyone has a narrative, I can see with my own eyes they downed tools.

julianfr

There is no narrative.

Relying on Ronaldo to dig us out of the shit because he is a once in a lifetime footballer is not a never say die attitude. Not everyone has a narrative, I can see with my own eyes they downed tools.
Okay saying they downed tools is something I agree with. Cos I also believe that they got disillusioned with our setup.

But I don't think it makes them cowards. The saying "do your talking on the pitch" couldn't be more apt. I think the players have spoken. And I agree with them

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
100% agree with all you have said.
As a team, we completely lack:
Discipline.
Organisation.
Work ethic.
Leaders on the pitch.
Tactics and overall club strategy.

And all that has led to a complete breakdown in confidence. Players hiding and not wanting to ball.
Just a horrible mess.

NICanRed

Irrelevant now but wasn’t Foster outside the box when he launched the ball upfield leading to the 4th?

Man of the Match

Donny van de Beek image Donny van de Beek 74% of 270 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

3.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 278 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Watford win
  • Draw