PL L FA Premier League

Watford 4:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 20 November 2021

Withnail

As a Chelsea fan I find this thread quite interesting to read. There was a more palpable feeling of genuine sadness and anger after the Liverpool and City results in the post match thread. Today honestly everyone here seems more or less apathetic about this. Almost like it was expected. United is the biggest institution in English football so being seemingly resigned to this fate is so jarring to see.
Everyone's just in disbelief he's still in a job. Obviously things aren't going to improve until a change is made so I think everyone's just resigned to it.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Couldn't give a feck where they're born, they are forking out their hard earned money to have some person sat on their arse at home telling them they're not supporting their team properly. Get to feck.
Please stop forking out money. I'm begging you

Ibi Dreams

It baffles me how pundits say the same shit over and over again "he did an amazing job taking us back" taking us back to what? 3 fecking years without a single title but he made "the squad happy" thats supposed to be an amazing job?

Its like they dont have the balls to call a spade a spade. He's a failure, should been fired long ago and this last weeks have been nothing short of absolute embarrasment.
To be fair, Jenas is saying he should be replaced.

Ole did do a pretty good job, for a while. Most of us were happy with the direction we were going in. Now it has fallen apart and it is unfixable for him, so he needs to go

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Jenas on Ole “he isn’t at that level, AS YET, in his coaching career”

Not being funny. He has over 10 year experience. He isn’t an amateur. He is, and will never be, good enough.

I’ve said this many times on here. He was being compared to Lampard, who has had about 3 years experience. He makes similar errors. Sorry but 10 years is enough to have a style and an understanding of the job. He does not have either.

Ranchero

Ole "I work
This is the lowest weve been in the 30 years ive supported our club its gone past the point of anger or embarassment now its just plain pathetic how weve gone backwards with the signings weve made is just unbelievable im emotionally detached until Ole is gone its beyond a joke
Completely 100% concur. And i just about remember relegation with Tommy Doc. At least then there was some fire. And the bounce back was historic. This is the lowest of the low. I dont sense Ole quitting as he walks away from tens of millions. And there's the rub. Thing is...who do we bring in?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
To be fair I feel sorry for the fans who fork out their hard earned money only to watch this shit. They deserve better. The club should refund their tickets imo.
No they don't when they applaud like headless chickens.

NewYorkRed

I will get shit for this, but Ole needs to F*ck right off. He is ruining this club. And the Glazers can go eat sh*t right out the door with him. F*ck all of these idiots.

Oranges038

You don’t value coaching that highly do you? Players should just win games by virtue of their salaries.

I dunno why we kept Fergie around so long. Sacked him off once they were able to print their own bank statements they should have

Not sure why we’re even wasting money on coaching staff. Players should know what to do
Coaches are not on the pitch. It's plain as day now that these coaches aren't up to it. That much is painfully clear. But whatever the manager tells you to do or not to do out is no excuse for not doing the basics.

Players at this level not doing the basics right, putting in the effort and that is somehow a coaching issue?

These players do not have the brains or the abiltiy to adapt to different scenarios on the pitch.

Watford are on top, let's tuck and see this out for a bit and regroup. Nope, let's all run all over the place, get stretched like a gaping asshole and leave massive gaps for come into and score.

Ole needs to go, but several of these players also need to go with him.

SAFMUTD

Ole did do a pretty good job, for a while. Most of us were happy with the direction we were going in. Now it has fallen apart and it is unfixable for him, so he needs to go
Pretty good job my arse, he did an average job. Won nothing, secure top 4 is that pretty good? Now that everything's gone tits up many are rewarding Ole as if the previous two years were great, they werent.

DSG

Favre is a fair shout until the end of the season and then decide.
At least he should be able to put together a shape and style of play that Ole is clearly not capable of.
Watch the Dortmund series on Amazon. Favre was so unimpressive — just kept talking about passion and energy. Did not seem like he was a tactical manager, which is what we need IMHO.

Redlyn

Dobba

Pretty good job my arse, he did an average job. Won nothing, secure top 4 is that pretty good? Now that everything's gone tits up many are rewarding Ole as if the previous two years were great, they werent.
Taking the Champions of England and winning a Charity Shield, whilst missing out on Champions League football for the first time in the best part of 20 years, makes you better than Ole elsewhere on here tonight.

pre Munich Red

This looks like the end for OGS, along with the ‘coaching’ set-up.
Sad for OGS.
But if it were possible to sack players who fail to perform and ‘die for the jersey’, this is the current list - Shaw, WSB, Maguire, Lindelof, Fred, Martial, Pogba, Dalot……

DSG

Coaches are not on the pitch. It's plain as day now that these coaches aren't up to it. That much is painfully clear. But whatever the manager tells you to do or not to do out is no excuse for not doing the basics.

Players at this level not doing the basics right, putting in the effort and that is somehow a coaching issue?

These players do not have the brains or the abiltiy to adapt to different scenarios on the pitch.

Watford are on top, let's tuck and see this out for a bit and regroup. Nope, let's all run all over the place, get stretched like a gaping asshole and leave massive gaps for come into and score.

Ole needs to go, but several of these players also need to go with him.
There can be two reasons: Ole is not good enough to take us to the next level AND the players didn’t perform.
The fact that Ole still hasn’t figured out how to coach the team to deal with the high press after 3 seasons is pretty diabolical.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Whilst some cnut is sat at home telling them how to do it and blaming the way they support their team for the manager still being in his job. Yet the fact they have to earn the money they're spending on actually going to matches is a little too much on the dramatic side for you.
Because what they're doing by showing support to this manager, is harming the Club millions of others love.

That privilege of being able to watch United live comes with a bit responsibility, don't you agree??

SAFMUTD

Taking the Champions of England and winning a Charity Shield, whilst missing out on Champions League football for the first time in the best part of 20 years, makes you better than Ole elsewhere on here tonight.
How does that has remotely anything to do with what I just said?

justsomebloke

Yes. It's obvious. If it's not obvious to the board now, we're in the fecking twilight zone.

Dobba

Because what they're doing by showing support to this manager, is harming the Club millions of others love. Don't you agree??

I mean, it's not a rocket science.
They're supporting their team whilst you're sat on their arse at home telling them how to do it. feck off and buy a ticket and make this point to their faces, I beg you.

sp_107

This looks like the end for OGS, along with the ‘coaching’ set-up.
Sad for OGS.
But if it were possible to sack players who fail to perform and ‘die for the jersey’, this is the current list - Shaw, WSB, Maguire, Lindelof, Fred, Martial, Pogba, Dalot……
Most of the listed players are either not good enough or not giving enough but we cant get rid of so many players and find the replacements

looks like most of our players not playing well because of system or results but if I am the new manager I build my team around "DDG/Varane/DVB/Sancho/Rashford/Greenwood/Bruno" and bring in few replacements to get it going. overall our team is not that bad and who knows under new manager players like Maguire/Shaw might come good.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Because what they're doing by showing support to this manager, is harming the Club millions of others love.

That privilege of being able to watch United live comes with a bit responsibility, don't you agree??
:lol:With great seats in the Stretford End comes great responsibility.

steffyr2

Question -- what were the instructions from the manager/coaches when Utd went down to 10 men? Usually you see the manager busily bringing players off the bench and restructuring how the team plays. All I saw was Ole high-fiving McGuire and otherwise standing there.

MalaysianRed7

They're supporting their team whilst you're sat on their arse at home telling them how to do it. feck off and buy a ticket and make this point to their faces, I beg you.
I’m sure you’re sat on your keyboard (ironically) delighted that you’ve been able to prove how much of a great fan you are by unnecessarily insulting someone who hadn’t done so to you, and wasn’t even directing his ire at you, despite us having suffered our worst defeat since….the last game.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
:lol:With great seats in the Stretford End comes great responsibility.
Of course. In no way that a few thousand of fans can represent tens of millions United fans out there.

But those in the stadium are on TV, and seen as to represent United fans. Whatever they do on live TV have "United fan" label attached to them.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Couldn't give a feck where they're born, they are forking out their hard earned money to have some person sat on their arse at home telling them they're not supporting their team properly. Get to feck.
When a way of living functions to mask its own failings, it's a harmful way of thinking. The person who sat at home too forked his money to have to watch United. Think before you mouth off.

tjb

What annoy me is how some fans get on players when we're not playing well. If the team as a collective is not playing well, its the manager. We have massive gaps in midfield, we can't connect plays to our attackers, our midfielders aren't in good positions to recover the ball, we don't press well...yet you have fans asking whether it stops Rashford from making a 5 yard pass. It does. If you have no options to pass to, you have to literally beat 2 to 3 oppositions players to get a run at the ball, every pass seems to result in you having to chase, then yes, its the manager.

One thing i've noticed about Ole is that he's absolutely clueless on how to use our flanks. This is the first game that Sancho has had the time and space to drive and create. our attackers need a platform to attack, our defenders need support, our midfielders need proper structure. Today, Ole dropped Fred because of how Fred has been blamed in the media. He's a pressing player, who isn't the best on the ball, but has lots of energy. He's similar to Kante in that sense ( of course not as good), under a good manager, they would be able to use his attributes.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Only just seen that we let in a fourth - utter shambles, utter disgrace. has he been sacked yet?

Superunknown

I missed the game due to having to do emergency cover at work. Small mercies, I guess. I wasn't feeling confident going into this and had a feeling we wouldn't get a win today. Still, those last 2 goals going in to make the score 4-1...that's pretty brutal. We're so utterly dysfunctional. Can't see us winning any of our games at the moment.

Man of the Match

Donny van de Beek image Donny van de Beek 74% of 270 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

3.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 278 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Watford win
  • Draw