PL L FA Premier League

Watford 4:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 20 November 2021

Dookingham United

I'm not even bothered and that's telling, usually I'd be fuming after that.

How have we got this bad, breaks my heart
That's exactly how I am feeling. I no longer get angry at the game and I have stopped thinking about the team when a game is not on.
That is so unbelievably dangerous.
Our club is on fire.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Those poor players! How can anyone expect them to pass a ball to someone in the same shirt as them when there isn't someone shouting the colour of it out loud at them every 30 seconds? We're lucky we didn't start the second half with 4 players considering the complexity of the door locking mechanism of the toilet cubicles.
There are a lot of things needed to be factored in. These players have had zero development in their game and have been basically playing like individuals for last 3 years. They are working under a manager that's not good enough for the championship and when you look at your rivals, things will just catchup. They have been carrying OGS for last 3 seasons and I don't blame them for not putting up with mediocrity(below that actually) anymore.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Couldn't give a feck where they're born, they are forking out their hard earned money to have some person sat on their arse at home telling them they're not supporting their team properly. Get to feck.
Couldn't give a feck as it doesn't prove your point. Also forking out their hard earned money sounds a bit on the dramatic side. They are having fun ffs. Well, in theory that is.

Dobba

Couldn't give a feck as it doesn't prove your point. Also forking out their hard earned money sounds a bit on the dramatic side. They are having fun ffs. Well, in theory that is.
Whilst some cnut is sat at home telling them how to do it and blaming the way they support their team for the manager still being in his job. Yet the fact they have to earn the money they're spending on actually going to matches is a little too much on the dramatic side for you.

stw2022

Same players do not look nearly as incompetent when playing for their counties.

We should only conclude this has nothing to do with Ole and is in fact the fault of people who see an issue

Goku1983

This is the lowest weve been in the 30 years ive supported our club its gone past the point of anger or embarassment now its just plain pathetic how weve gone backwards with the signings weve made is just unbelievable im emotionally detached until Ole is gone its beyond a joke

ayushreddevil9

Give me a break.

They are paid millions of pounds every year to play football. Yes, they need to be told how the team is expected to play. But these guys aren't even doing the basics right.

Does a defence that cost upward of 200m need to be told how to keep shape and organise themselves?

Does Harry Maguire need to be told how and when to try and beat a player?

Does Rashford need to be told he has to run off the ball?

Does Wan Bissaka need to be told how to run back and defend?

Do they need to be told how to make a 5 yard pass?

Do they need to be told to talk to each ofher and work hard for the team?
Yeah I guess that's what Ole is thinking right now. Why don't my players perform? They were doing it so well for last 3 years how can they not do it anymore?

villain

Hates Beyoncé
How the feck am I still top of the lineup league? I had a shocker :lol:

Sviken

This "everyone has to take responsibility" is basically akin to saying that nobody should take responsibility. Who is "everyone". Who can you blame? The nursing lady at the stadium? The receptionist? Mindless PR drivel.

moxdevil

The players performance matches the manager's attitude - passive, uninspiring, clueless, defeatist. It is only going to continue (and likely get worse) while he is still manager.

Marcus

If Donny had started, we probably could have come away with a result. But no, for whatever insane reason, Ole put him on the bench. The one press-resistant midfielder with a decent pass on him who could save your job. Madness.

Ranchero

Ole "If the club are thinking of doing something that's a conversation between us and not you and me. The results are not good enough. We know that."

Vaultech

Yeah I guess that's what Ole is thinking right now. Why don't my players perform? They were doing it so well for last 3 years how can they not do it anymore?
Exactly. The fact that some posters consistently downplay the importance of coaching shows why United is stuck where they are.

After all, if the fanbase don't think coaching is an issue, why would the board think otherwise.

ken11

I'm telling you all - stop watching United games until Ole is replaced. It just isn't good for everyone's mental health. Don't do this to yourselves!!

Mr. Ant

Couldn't give a feck where they're born, they are forking out their hard earned money to have some person sat on their arse at home telling them they're not supporting their team properly. Get to feck.
To be fair I feel sorry for the fans who fork out their hard earned money only to watch this shit. They deserve better. The club should refund their tickets imo.

Regalia

Thank you, Watford. I wanted them to fluke a win to end this rot. I gave us too much credit. They didn't come close to fluking anything. Thumped our sorry team and manager into the ground.

ayushreddevil9

Thank you, Watford. I wanted them to fluke a win to end this rot. I gave us too much credit. They didn't come close to fluking anything. Thumped our sorry team and manager into the ground.
You're naive to think that the club will sack OGS

Cessna

It's not Ole's fault that the players can't do basic stuff like pass the ball. That being said, it seems like the manager can't motivate the regular players at all.
DvB was a fresh breath when he came on. A player who wants to prove himself, and has seen the team being inconsistent and wanting the recent months.

There seems to be something seriously wrong with Maguire. After his "excellent performance" for England, where he really "proved himself" in the eyes of his critics, this was probably a disaster waiting to happen.

I still, however, feel that a goal from Bruno or Ronaldo could have made this a 2-2. Not easily, but United had the momentum after the goal.

Todd

Didn't get to watch this as it wasn't televised in the US...accidentally saw the score a bit ago and just laughed and laughed.

Honestly what does one even hope for at this point? What hasn't been said that needs to be said?

SAFMUTD

It baffles me how pundits say the same shit over and over again "he did an amazing job taking us back" taking us back to what? 3 fecking years without a single title but he made "the squad happy" thats supposed to be an amazing job?

Its like they dont have the balls to call a spade a spade. He's a failure, should been fired long ago and this last weeks have been nothing short of absolute embarrasment.

Bruno and De Gea were both bad today but fair play to them for both doing interviews and not just getting somebody to throw up a tweet on their behalf.

clarkydaz

As a Chelsea fan I find this thread quite interesting to read. There was a more palpable feeling of genuine sadness and anger after the Liverpool and City results in the post match thread. Today honestly everyone here seems more or less apathetic about this. Almost like it was expected. United is the biggest institution in English football so being seemingly resigned to this fate is so jarring to see.

Withnail

To be fair I feel sorry for the fans who fork out their hard earned money only to watch this shit. They deserve better. The club should refund their tickets imo.
The absolute worst was one guy interviewed by a fan cam after the Liverpool result. He was from eastern Europe and said he had waited 32 years to see United play. :(

Man of the Match

Donny van de Beek image Donny van de Beek 74% of 270 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

3.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 278 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Watford win
  • Draw